Not So Original Take on Pires...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Val1, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nice analysis of Pires' loss of playing time, plus he agrees with everything I've been saying, so you know it's a great article. :rolleyes:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=317227&cc=5901

One point raised though, is that Pires has provided a spark of the bench, like the kind we've hoped to see out of a van Persie or even Bentley last year. I still think Wenger waits way too long to make subs (sort of like Ramsey of the Skins who holds the ball too long in the pocket [gosh I like using other sports metaphors]), but Wenger will bring Pires in a little earlier, anwhere from the 70 to the 80th minutes, if I remember correctly.

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    I am so glad there are other Skins phans on this board. I was beginning to pheel as if I was the lone man in this group of (mostly) cowgirl phans;)

And yes, Ramsey does hold onto the ball too long. But at least he can throw it farther than 15 yards, right?!

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, but I'm not a Skins fan. I am one of those rarest of people, a Cowboys fan who doesn't hate the Skins. Life's too short for hatred. I just really like and respect Joe Gibbs, I mean, who can't? I've just been surprised by Gibbs' distrust of Ramsey...

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone who saw Pires play on Saturday will realise that he's coming back towards top form. He was energetic and dangerous all through the match.

5. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It helps that he had some additional rest, but I'm glad to see him play better. Hopefully this will transfer to the rest of the team.

By the way, great topic Val!!