Norwich

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by soccer krazy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  2. Stobs

Stobs New Member

May 5, 2007
  3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    we are looking at Billy Sharp (Scunthorpe) and maybe Freddy Eastwood (southend). Sharp would be a good buy, but lots going in for him. Currently seems likely that Earnshaw will go, but word is he wants to stay.

Also word that Chris Sutton may make a return to City. Hucks talks about it here, and I am not sure about his Dublin comments, http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/conten...ckerby_dublin_surprise_20070526_feature.shtml

4. potatowedges

potatowedges New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Great Yarmouth
    Fellow Norwich fans hows it hanging. Its looks like we are in for a busy summer of transfers. Looks like Earnie could be on his way out coz he wants premiership football. And Grant has been scouting round for new players. For more news on Norwich look on www.pinkun.com Its a local site and updates with new news about the Canaries every day.

5. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Chris Sutton, unlikely.:( John Sutton, definite possibility:eek: Watch Granty and Duffy scour the Scottish leagues for cheap talent, and West Ham's rejects too.

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well if we are looking for old heros, what about the boy Cureton? I hear he wants out? He's been scoring regular like... I liked the idea of Sutts coming back, he could have gone back to centre-back, playing along side another ageing striker, Dublin .......

Hey lads, nice to see some City boys here - I spend most of my time here over at the Mexico pages, but please keep me up to date about goings on at Carra Rud, its hard over here....whats occurring up yarmouth, bor?

7. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
  8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Colchester want three-quarters of a million for Cureton. Seems a little steep to me,

Also looking Freddie Eastwood of Southend. Wolves had a million pound bid turned down for him.

And we got young defender Jon Otsemobor on a Bosman. Started as Liverpool trainee, but made League One Team of Season at Crewe last season. Can play centre-back, but will probably fill right back role for us

9. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Rumours in Jockland are that Freddie Eastwood's on his way to Tynecastle!

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Norwich talking to Billy Sharp, offer supposed to be 2 million with further million in add-ons....

Grant also talking up Cureton...

11. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Contrary Billy Sharp rumour on http://www.football-rumours.com/

"Leicester City are set to make a shock signing of Billy Sharp, I can literally swear to my life! I am from Leicester and my BROTHER is BILLY SHARP of Scunthorpe yes! believe me now! I couldn't find another place where you can put in your own comments! Apparently he said he likes the stadium, wants Premiership football in a few years (who doesn't) wants to come and live with me in anstey, Leicester and has had personal recommendation from izale McLeod who was also linked with Leicester as I've known izale since I went school with him in 95!"

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    hmmmm.... Isn't he from Sheffield?

13. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Its clearly someone taking the piss making the most of Football Rumours' somewhat lax (!) standard of checking sources.

14. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Southend claim to have rejected a 1.5 million offer from City for Freddie Eastwood

15. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    I'd heard Eastwood was going to park his caravan at Molineaux, there's enough pikeys in Norfolk already!;)

16. potatowedges

potatowedges New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Great Yarmouth
    27 June 2007City snap up Rochdale keeper Goalkeeper Matthew Gilks was unveiled as Norwich City's latest signing at Carrow Road. Norwich City have made their second signing of the summer - Rochdale goalkeeper Matthew Gilks.Gilks, 25, arriving on a Bosman free transfer, will link up full-time with the Canaries on July 1. He has signed a two-year contract.But the 6ft 1in keeper was at Carrow Road today for the formal announcement of his signing - and revealed it was not the first time Norwich had been linked with him.He said: “It had been mentioned a couple of years ago but I just saw that as speculation. But I'm delighted they came back and showed more interest and I'm delighted to be joining.“I've just turned 25 and I've played nearly 200 games at Rochdale and I think it's about time that I moved on, progressed and tried to ply my trade at a higher level and fortunately Norwich have come in and I'm going to get the chance to do that.”Gilks, 6ft 1in, made 197 senior appearances for his home town club. He had been with Rochdale from the age of 13.He said he had set his sights on regular first-team football at Norwich.Said Gilks: “Peter Grant says as far as he's concerned I'll be on an even keel with whichever other goalkeepers are here. I want to play football and that's what I intend to do.“You can't beat playing football in the first team. I've done many games in the reserves, windy Tuesday nights up in Rochdale and I don't want to be doing that again.”Former City'keeper Bryan Gunn, in his club liaison role, said of Gilks: “We had him watched a number of times last season. Sustained reports on Matthew were that he was an excellent goalkeeper and we made the decision we needed competition. “I'm not saying we've finished our quest on goalkeepers there, but I think Matthew's aware of that situation and he's very positive.“He's a very confident lad. He bosses his defence very much in the way a goalkeeper should.”Grant told the club's official website there had been interest in Gilks from Premiership clubs.He said: “Matt had that opportunity and he's looked at it and said he wants to play as much football as possible. He was more comfortable he could prove he could be the number one here, and I want that competition through the team. He had options but he wanted to come and fight for the position of goalkeeper with Norwich City. “We have watched him lots. He's played two full seasons now, has not missed a game and has been terrific. We have watched him closely and all the reports have been very complimentary and when I've watched him personally he's done very well.“His handling and his distribution is very good and he's very confident. And that comes from the amount of games he's played."Grant insists he is still chasing Celtic goalkeeper David Marshall, however.He said: “We have made an offer to Celtic and he is very keen to come to Norwich City. But how we value him and how Celtic value him seems to be different.”

17. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Robert Earnshaw gone to Derby, 3.5 million. Shame, this lad will ALWAYS score, anywhere... why can't he settle?

Cureton looking close....

18. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Earnshaw will indeed get his fare share of goals, given the service, but will he get that at Derby?

As for Cureton, how much did he go for when he left Norwich?

19. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Soccerbase.com says 200,000, but I seem to remember there was a sell-on clause, so maybe a little more when he moved on again.

It's good move I think, especially with Earnshaw going, there is talk of Dickson Etuhu following him, which would be bad, and of Colin going to Ajax

20. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    nil all away ok, given the food poisoning scare (no, nothing to do with Delia...)

was in UK recently and got to the 12-0 Lowestoft Town pre-season, also got 20-1 for Cureton as top scorer in Championships this year.....

21. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK

I've a bottle of wine at stake with a mate in the office that Sunderland finish higher in the EPL than City do in the Championship! Go on Roy!!;)

22. PBR Jay

PBR Jay New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Somerville, MA

Thanks for the heads up on this site. Makes following the Canaries from afar a lot easier.

23. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    There is a school of thought that not all the players are fully behind Grant and it's easy to make a case for some players being less than enamoured with their manager. Only those in the inner sanctum of the dressing room no the truth behind that, and if there is any, Grant has only one option: to get rid of them. If not, they will eat away at the core of his squad. Then it's hello, League One.

Full article is a very interesting overview, but I think he is a little generous towards Grant - he seems to have shown errors of judgement all too often, and always critical of the players, rarely takes the blame himself ... remember the "..its not about whether I pick one player or another player..." ...er....yes it is, mate ...

24. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Grant "considering his future"

truly truly awful is what I hear ... its seems, however, that Grant might just resign. QPR area a terrible side, without a manager, last English club to win a league game, and they took us apart I hear.

Pink Un full story
    Norwich City boss Peter Grant "is considering his future" after the Canaries continued their nosedive to third from bottom of the league.

Grant said after the match that "something's got to give".

He said: "I can't work any harder. It's either me or the players. I'll take a long, hard look at it and assess the situation. I'll make the right decision in the next few days."