North Korea to be place in either group D or F

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korean Football, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    N.Korea and Palestine will replace Jordan and Tajikistan in the Asian Games football tournament.

2. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    North Korea is now in group F along with Kuwait, Hong Kong and Pakistan.

3. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    that leaves Palestine to group D.

4. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I don't know much about North Korea's team now, but they have been very strong in the past. If they are decent enough now, they could make waves in this group.

5. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I don't think so. This is not the same team that went to the quarter-finals of WC66.

However, this N.Korean team is trying to become "good" at football again. It's been years N.Korea haven't participated in the international stage, but yesterday, the N.Korean team beat Thailand 3-1.

6. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I heard the N.Korean players are fast(they're Koreans alright!! :D) but they lack everything other than that.

7. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    What, how can you both have South Korea and North Korea in soccer when the two countries will march as one. Just blend the 2 teams together 50-50!

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could any of the NK players even make the SK team? And there are some political differences that will make this impossible.

9. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    exactly. No NK players are good enough to make the SK team. That's only gonna make the "KOREA UNITED" weaker.

10. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    N.Korea havent participated any international matches cuz Kim JongIl got mad when S.Korea beat them 3-0 on WCQ-1993.

I dont think N.Korea is that bad on soccer, they just havent participated on international level for a long time so they ranked really low.
    They can be a dark horse.

11. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Like i said split 50/50 who cares if the NKs are not good enough.
    It would make defeating the korean side easier

12. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    You don't need to tell the chinese about this. We were beaten by them just last year. Damn, we can't beat north or south what a friggin nightmare

13. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    that was probably just a fluke.

14. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    "we can't beat north or south what a friggin nightmare." this quote made me laugh, although i like the chinese NT, I can't help but laugh at this.