North Carolina vs W&M [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by nojoke, Oct 28, 2004.

1. nojoke

nojoke New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    UNC 2 W&M 0

UNC on a 5 game winning streak. Looks like they are turning this season around.

Two Hermann Award candidates come through with a good performance for UNC.

Looks pretty even on the stats. Is W&M as good as their record?

2. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    The last couple weeks they've looked like a different team than the one that dropped their first two games at home. In their first two home games, UNC gave up eight goals - in the six home games since then, they've given up one.

They dug themselves a pretty big hole, but they've almost climbed out, and I think they might have the potential to do some damage in the postseason. The next game (against Wake Forest) should be a good test of how far they have or haven't come.
    W&M looked OK, but didn't really create any clear scoring chances that I saw (no shots on goal). UNC played well. The defense was organized and made few mistakes, Storey's goal was pretty sweet, and Watson had another strong game - he drew the PK that he finished. The game got pretty boring in the second half, but that's a welcome change from the late game meltdowns we saw earlier this season.

3. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    It's good to see Marcus Storey doing well, I thoroughly enjoyed playing with him my freshman year of high school. He's a wonder on the ball.