Nordecke LA was the best!

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by OlDffrNewFan, Nov 23, 2008.

1. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working on getting a Flickr album up, these are the only two NordeckeWest shots I got...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CrewMurphy2

CrewMurphy2 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You did. I wore it all season and it kept bringing good luck.

3. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Lalas spends 2 paragraphs talking about the difference between fans and supporters and how all of you who went out there are supporters and then in his summation calls you all fans? What a hack. Totally agree with his sentiment though.

You guys looked and sounded great to those of us that had to stay home. Nice job and keep it rolling next year.

4. GibberBones

GibberBones New Member

Nov 3, 2006

As one of the few TFC supporters to show let me just say you guys were loud and represended well. Congrats on a dream season!

Thanks for the pre-game hospitality too. Celebrating the game with real supporters is why I will go every year to the cup final regardless of the teams.

Cheers,

Bones...

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sentimental bastard. We love ya.

NY takes it in the two! :D

6. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the half I wandered over to the boom cam operator positioned over the NYRB section and asked why did they set up there, not over us. It was a sun angle thing. If it was over us they would have to shoot into the sun and the shadows would be harsh.

They should have set up field level just off the pitch in our corner.

They did have a wireless camera wandering in and out of our section quite a bit.

7. ersatz

ersatz New Member

May 5, 2005
    congrats guys, hope you enjoyed your time with the ACB, i had a hangover and splitting headache the next day but damn that was fun.

expect us in c-bus next season.

8. AkronSoccerFan

AkronSoccerFan New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the answer to the last one is RFK. Book your ticket now, boys and girls!!!

That was amazing Sunday, not just because a lot of the Nordecke regulars were into it, but I got a bunch of comments from non-Nordecke folk at halftime saying some version of "Keep it up, guys!"

As an aside, major props to the Union Ultras, our friendly neighborhood Chivas supporters, for the drum from heaven. (I FINALLY got the section to do "Bro Hymn" :D) You guys are owed beers if you come to CCS.

As HardHat noted, the Crew did something the U.N. couldn't accomplish on Sunday: we got the Galaxy and the Chivas fans working on the same chant together!

Am I the only one who's anxious for opening day?

9. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you one of the guys in the kilts?

10. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    Who was that funny dude in the red jester crown and cape that could not stop shakig and baking? That guy was a crack up (or maybe on crack).

11. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw him as well...it was funny...and a bit creepy too. Haha.

12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    thats me with my phone out in one of the earlier pics. anyone know how to take a video I shot on it and put it onto this BS?

14. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That dude was creepy, too many years of the California lifestyle .......I was afraid one of our supporters was going to toss his ass out of the section, or worse. As we were leaving HDC we almost accidently ran him over as he jumped out into the road without looking...Somebody needs to help the poor guy.

15. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was "Westside Rental Guy". If you google him, a couple of videos pop up. I don't understand how he could keep moving in that freaky style for 90 minutes. He's got to be MASSIVELY high. But, somebody had to rent him...

16. Hello_Katty

Hello_Katty New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    WLA
    90 minutes? Try hours. He "works" outside the Westside Rentals office in Santa Monica on Wilshire Blvd. Some days I'll drive by a few times, several hours apart, and he's still going like that. :D

Anyhoo... Props to you for bringing it to the HDC and congratulations on the Championship!

17. a.s.fiorentina

Jan 20, 2008
    Let me echo his sentiments - you guys were fantastic! I don't know most of you but you let anyone partake without reservation.

So here it goes - to the really tall dude (Mike?), Beth and Tiff. You were amazing. (you were on national TV for a brief second or two). How was the trip to Vegas? I am sure Santa Barbara won't be too bad either :)

To Jennifer who invited me in 125 but couldn't get passed the ushers and lost track of you. It was very sweet of you.

To everyone at DoubleTree who drank with us after the game around the fire pit. I will be forever grateful for the magnificent experience. Without you all, it would have been much different.

The whole weekend was just f...ing amazing.

18. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP. We need to get a good size following to DC next year to visit the Saads. And to watch the Crew beat the sh*t out of the Scum.

19. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
  21. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Hammer1CrewFan holding the picture.

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good work!

Here's the official cell phone of the Crew:

[​IMG]

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Not only that, "(t)he Columbus Crew looked to have more fans, probably due to proximity from the Midwest"!

Tremendous analysis!

It was three time zones for both sets of fans and I'm thinking that access to a wide variety of fares from a wide variety of airports which are a lot bigger than ours (especially EWR, which is a Continental hub and IN Jersey) would make it go the other way. The only way I got my fare so cheap was by searching for airports as many as 3 hours away from where I live. PIT just so happened to have a fantastic deal that exactly fit my wife's schedule. But I had to drive to ********ing Pittsburgh (spit!) in one of Lake Erie's finest early-season snowstorms, at night, which made the journey take about an hour longer than normal (which is 1.5-1.75 hours).

That and they draw from a metro area of a brazillion people to (generously) Ohio's 11 million.

Douchebag.

24. a.s.fiorentina

Jan 20, 2008
    Yeah, that's complete bs. A couple of friends from NY found *direct* NY-LAX fares for less than $250. I had to go to Atlanta then Orange County, took 8 hours and *still* spent close to $400. What an idiot.