Nordecke 2022 thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Kryptonite, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporter Supply has unveiled a gray kit.

Other than the fact that they missed the "gray is also the color of the epic jerseys worn during the team's first championship" reference, it's very well done.

https://www.supportersupply.co/shop/jerseys/21

FB_IMG_1649961554143.jpg FB_IMG_1649961556750.jpg

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    JFC, the Nordecke is even in more shambles than I thought if the comm director doesn't know about this. Fix it!

5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this isn't a Nordecke event.

But - I'd still like to know about all of the things that are occurring that may be of interest to Nordecke membership.

DrunkandDisorderly repped this.
  6. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    True. I guess the fact that the Supporters Liaison didn't share this with the Nordecke board is more concerning.

LaMacchia repped this.
  7. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s almost like the club wants to appear like they are fan friendly and listening and whatnot, but actually aren’t interested in hearing that the new logo sucks, speed triangles suck, deemphasizing yellow sucks, promised stadium amenities being MIA sucks, etc.

I’m super pumped that the Haslams and Doc Edwards saved the Crew, but I really don’t want a Haslams screwing up the Browns 2.0 here with the Crew. Having a supporter’s liaison not, ya know, liaising with the supporters seems….. odd.

8. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI:

Next Thursday - May 19th - the Nordecke Board is hosting a Town Hall at Lower.com Field at 6pm. This will be followed immediately by a very special Project Jukebox event at 7pm.

Kryptonite repped this.
  9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #34 Kryptonite, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
  10. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

chr1st repped this.
  11. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Idk how much they are paying you, but it is not enough!

LaMacchia repped this.
  12. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want to repeat this in case anyone is interested:

This Thursday - May 19th - the Nordecke Board is hosting a Town Hall at Lower.com Field at 6pm. This will be followed immediately by a very special Project Jukebox event at 7pm featuring Special Guests Jonathan Mensah and Marco Micaletto.

chr1st repped this.
  13. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    @LaMacchia I might be missing it somewhere, but does the Nordecke have an email address to reach out to about ticket purchases through the website? Back on the 7th, I bought a membership and ticket on the same order and status is still showing Processing. On the 10th I picked up 3 more tickets and that order shows Completed. I received the 3 tickets today, but the 1 hasn't shown up and want to make sure something isn't held up with the "Processing" order since it was with a membership. Both have hit my credit card.

14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey there - Reach out to communications @ nordecke.com - they'll take care of you from there.

speedye1 repped this.
  15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @LaMacchia next time the Nordecke council or liaisons or whoever it is that talks to the club meets with them, tell them the lack of updates and total radio silence during rain delays is 100% unacceptable. Even just an update that there is no update is better than silence. Its been 35 minutes since warm-ups were supposed to re-start and nothing.

This is why whenever there is even a hint of rain I don’t go to Crew games. The way they handle rain delays is pathetic and they have a bad reputation about it with many Crew fans, as I’m sure you know.

Kryptonite and DrunkandDisorderly repped this.
  16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is already on our list. A bunch of us board members were standing around together during the delay talking about this exact topic. It's ridiculous.

Especially because we were watching the Crew's social media guy take videos with his phone 20 feet away from us.

Kyle Crew and Kryptonite repped this.
  17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #42 Kryptonite, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Do swimming pools announce their lightning policy? "There has been a lightning strike within X number of miles. As a result, the pool area must remain clear for X number of minutes." Would it kill the FO to do exactly this?

There's two giant video boards at the stadium that weren't updated at all. It can't be impossible to update it as appropriate to "we will be in a lightning delay until at least 5:15" then at 5, update it if it still looks bad. And yes, update the social media outlets frequently. It shouldn't be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the magical feed that has the updates.

There was at least one time when an update was expected. Two minutes later, the replies we're all "where's the update?"

That update should have been 3-4 minutes before the announced time.

18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also: Announcing the update over the PA into the seating bowl is pretty effing useless when there's no one in the seating bowl. Yet the speakers in the concourses stayed silent...

19. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s really simple things like this that always befuddle me. It’s so ridiculously simple, yet somehow the club is clueless.

LaMacchia repped this.
  20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #45 Kryptonite, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Agreed. I could hear something being said, but I, like others, had zero idea *what* was being said.

What ever happened to that text system they had? "Text 'Go Crew' to 27279 for Columbus Crew updates."

Send out a message such as this to two Twitter accounts and a text system. "Weather around Lower.com Stadium is expected to improve around 4:45pm. Once it does, there will be a 25 minute warmup period before the game resumes. We'll have an update before then. Stay tuned and be safe."

Then at 4:40pm, send out another update.

That's all they really need. Everything else is redundant.

21. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely disagree. They should use every communication channel that they have starting with the most accessible (loudspeakers and in-stadium display boards) and moving to least (socials, email, text).

But hindsight is 20/20 and it's all over now. I know that there was a Monday morning meeting specifically to discuss the organization's reaction to Saturday's weather delays and how to improve things for the next one.

We all have to keep in mind that that this was the first weather delay for both this stadium and a significant portion of the FO staff. They'll apply the lessons learned to the next one and the experience will improve.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LaMacchia repped this.
  24. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    @LaMacchia I know this isn't your job since the Nordecke Discord isn't "official", but me getting banned for saying that I was the drummer and that I guess that we aren't inclusive is ridiculous.

LaMacchia repped this.
  25. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    #50 Paul171121, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    @LaMacchia If this protest continues beyond this, I think it would be helpful to know what are the main objectives of the protest. I think that would clear the air because Morgan, Naas, and others keep clouding things up, even though i know they are not the voice of the SG. I'm really not sure what the goal is besides being angry for the lack of a statement and Dobbs. Would people accept a statement at this point in time, like they have with every other Haslam mistake, or have the Haslams burned the bridge?

A clear identification of the means of accomplishing these objectives would help too. Clearly there was some misinformation to members about what would be allowed or what was expected of the North End. Some expected silence and no drums at all, and some expected the cacophony of sound. With clear dos and don'ts, maybe future dust ups will not occur.

I hope you enjoyed the night as best you can. Edit: Sorry if these are big questions, and I know you are just a volunteer like the whole group, but I think answering some of these will help improve everyone's experience here out.

RoleModel83 and LaMacchia repped this.