Non League Magazine

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Shannbo5150, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    http://nln24.com/mag

Astounding as it may seem, there's a magazine published in the UK devoted solely to non-league football. 12 issues are $90.70 delivered to the States, so you really have to be keen on semi-pro footie to subscribe. Thought it might be of interest to some who visit this section of BS however.

2. Ussoccer1199

Ussoccer1199 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    an excellent read for those interested in the non league game, full match reports and stories covering the nations semi-pro clubs

3. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    I just got my complimentary issue of yet another English publication devoted to non-league football "Non League Digest" just add dot com for their website.
    This is a terrific little publication, packed with articles and match reports.
    Interesting article on the slow but sure growth of disillusioned fans abandoning the pro leagues in favor of supporting lower level local non-league clubs. Apparently, to the writer at least, it reminds him of how football was inn England in the 1970s...and he says it like that's a good thing.

4. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    I ended up having a mate in the UK order the three issue deal and forward it on to me in Los Angeles... much cheaper.
    I did email them in their 'tell us what you want' section advising that they might attract more overseas readers if they offered a less burdensome initial order. I also told them they should advertize on the BS site. I never heard back, so I assume they don't reckon much of my marketing skills.
    Anyway, I'll likely post a review once the mag arrives.

5. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very interesting, keep us posted.

6. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    I'm on Issue 8 July 2010 of this really rather spectacular magazine. I started with issue 5.
    I really must commend the folks who put this publication together, for the consistently high standard of articles, commentaries and photographs they print.
    Issue 8 reveals an engaging and insightful Top 100 non-league player list and a 50 non-league tales and talking points summary at the close of the season.
    Non-League 24 sits on the bookstore shelf unembarrassingly comfortable alongside other high caliber soccer magazines such as Four Four Two, both in terms of print quality and page quantity, in addition to opening up a heretofore unexplored market niche. It's 100% glossy color.
    I would highly recommend this magazine to those who enjoy delving into the fascinating, challenging and often topsy-turvey world of basement level football.
    Regular piece 'The Reluctant Groundhopper sees Richard Hughes visit the grounds of clubs where the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker make a few extra quid kicking a ball around of a weekend. Brilliant stuff!
    If someone wants to check out the four copies I have and pay me via paypal a reasonable sum to mail them, I'll be happy to pass them along. I will also throw in Non-League Digest; unaffiliated with NL24, it is a smaller more fanzine like publication, that offers additional coverage of the NL scene.
    The 12 issue minimum overseas rate is $90.70 delivered to the States, so this is a chance to read NL24 for a far less princely sum. Just email what you feel is a reasonable offer, and I'll post them the same day I'm paypaled. I'm in CA btw.
    hymekbr@aol.com