No Work Permit for Ahn

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Werdguy, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Werdguy

Werdguy New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New York
    What will he do now

2. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    can we get a source, or this is all you feel like saying for now?

It's nice to know he can't get a work permit when he doesn't even know which team he'll play for.

3. laurent garnier

laurent garnier New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Singapore
    I don't understand. China striker Qu Bo has less than ten caps for his country and he managed to get a work permit with Tottenham with no hassle at all.

Qu has not even played more than a year in the China senior side.

Can anyone enlighten me in how the work permit works in England please?

Thanks

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    I can confirm this...I saw it on the nightly RAI news here in Florence...Blackburn Rovers (I never heard this rumour before tonite) want him, but it was denied ala Kirovski...so now they will appeal...if not, looks like he's stuck at Perugia...

5. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    you need 75% of international matches in the previous 2 years..You can sometimes get it overturned on appeal due to injuries for example

6. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    let's say that qu was considered a rising talent. he's only 21 but ever since he got his first call-up, he'd always been in the china squad. so in a way it's more than 75% since he first made his international debut.

but blackburn might appeal against ahn's decision. maybe a written recommendation from hiddink might help.

7. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Ahn couldn't fill the 75% thing. That killed him. Many EPL clubs want him but obviously, they can't get him. The Brazilian international Juninho couldn't get the permit either for a LOONG time.

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    It would be sorta ironic though having Ahn on the same team as Friedel though...

9. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    good striker/attaking mid and a good goalie!

why not?

10. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Also, once he makes it into the EPL don't you have to appear in a certain amount of matches to keep your work permit? i think the work permit laws are pretty obnoxious.

11. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    excuse my french, but hey stupidass, you claim to be a Liverpool supporter and you don't even know the work permit laws of England? I guess Liverpool doesn't hire foreign players then, huh?

or else, you're just trying to flame again with these stupid "korea sucks" posts. OH WOW, you sure convinced me that Qu Bo is a much better player than Ahn with that great post!

listen, why don't go back to using your old name, Forza Grifo or Ludahai or Topcow or whatever. obviously you just created this "laurent garnier" bullshi+ name in order to make stupid comments about Korean football. for someone with such in interest for Korean soccer you sure hold a nagging disdain for it.

you probably don't even speak French, "Laurent."

12. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    LOL!!!!!!!! so Qu Bo is a better player than Juninho! :D

I don't think he is any one of the above.

for someone who seems to be so curious as to ask the Koreans to "help him out", he sure doesn't listen does he?

It's funny that (just like many other sock-puppeted Korea bashers) he has mostly posted things about Korea and Korean players.

13. hahahahaha. i like this "guess who he is" game. surprised to see nobody yet mentioned laurent= hamatachi or don f.c.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Great Britain has always had very strict work permit laws for foreigners (and now non-EU citizens) in all professions, not just sports so Ahn's case doesn't surprise me at all.

I think Qu Bo got an exception because he's so young, though if that's the case, one wonders why Jovan Kirovski never got a work permit with Man U. Even more surprising is how Brad Friedel was able to maintain his status when he wasn't playing for USA or Liverpool.

Strange world.

15. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    what is wrong with you? he hasn't said anything anti-korean.

16. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    probably he was switching off Rivaries forum and here, and brought his emotion with him.

17. laurent garnier

laurent garnier New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Singapore
    I am AMAZED at how defensive you guys are! It is not very nice to call people silly names that would make my 3 year-old nephew proud.

Well, I thought I knew how the work permit worked and in true honesty, I thought its only for a year or so. I suspected Qu Bo went to Tottenham on similar terms as how Barros did for Liverpool. However, I also thought the football status of the country counts a bit.. which means a Timbaktu youth star would not get the same treatment as say Della Pena from Italy.

The name-calling is childish to say the least. All in consideration that I've never said anything about anyone!

You guys probably need some gold ol' S&M action to quench those insecurity thirsts.

And Laurent Garnier is techno god, but unless you open that window, you'll never understand.

18. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    "You Guys"

19. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    work permit is very confusing.. I think it has something to do with documents player and the team presents.
    maybe Ahn's documents were poor to get work permit.
    I remember Alex sent notes from Trussier, belgium coach, his club coach, etc.. I think ahn only sent note from Hiddink (on his 2nd trial)

20. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    no offence to koreans in general,

but korean agents are really cr@p. korean players should hire foreign agents (can they do that?)

21. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I heard that there are no truly professional agents in Korea.

I think if the Korean players hired a professional European agent or even a Japanese one, over a dozen would be over in EPL, Serie A, or La Liga even WITH all the K-League clubs' tyranny.

22. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    yeah, i'm sure that there would be more koreans in europe if they hired foreign agents.

23. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Well Qu Bo is in the Chinese NT. So it's easy for him to play at international stage compared to Ahn who is in the Korean NT.
    The C-League is not so good so he would love to leave to any other league right away.

Also, Qu Bo's club let him go.

As for Ahn, because of the fight that is STILL GOING ON between Busan and Perugia, no EU clubs were able to offer an official proposal to Ahn. There were two different clubs claiming ownership of Ahn.

not true. Tell me why Juninho couldn't get the work permit for years.

Ahn was way behind the 75% rule. If Qu Bo was in the Korean NT, he wouldn't have been able to go to EPL either because he wouldn't get the time to start in the team.

24. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    You didn't get the "joke".

There was a little match played back on June 10th remember? Mr. Ahn beat Mr. Friedel in said match.

Considering that between Korea and the USA and their WC players in Europe, the chances of having one from each on the same team, let alone the player who scored a WC goal against you are pretty slim, so it would have been ironic...

In either case, I wouldnt have minded seeing Ahn for Rovers, anywhere but for Perugia and that baffoon Cosmi

25. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    actually, I did. I was just saying from the club's perspective, they would just want good players.

In that sense, what Gaucci said about Ahn is just pathetic. I guess all the French players that scored on Italy shouldn't be playing in the Serie A?