No video for saturday's game?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewfighter, Apr 20, 2006.

1. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wtf? I checked a couple days back on MLSnet.com sights and sounds and they had 350K for Crew at Galaxy, and RSL at Dynamo.

now they only have it there for RSL at Dynamo. Are they not showing this game on MLSnet? Isn't OLN and DK televising it?

2. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    If you mean "ONN", no they will not have this weekend's game on. I believe HDNet is carrying it, and I was lead to believe that those games would not also be available for live streaming.

3. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    anyone in cbus got HDNET who wants to host a party saturday night???

4. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone with HDnet in Pennsylvania want to host a party? yeah I'm screwed.

5. CrewVillain

CrewVillain Member

Mar 21, 2002
    I hate the word "exclusively".
    Now I gotta a) find a NY bar that has it and b) fight them to show it.

6. jcrocker

jcrocker Member

Jun 1, 1999
    Springboro, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got HDNet over here in Dayton. Party On!!

7. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    There is a 50/50 shot on whether or not the game will be on MLSNet. Last weekends DC game was on HDNet and the stream started around halftime. And if you look on there now the whole game is archived so I'm not sure exactly if it will or won't happen.

8. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I just wish they could like you know figure out if they are going to show the game or not. Or if they are not, then dont play with my emotions. Thinking I'm all cool to watch the game and then scrambling now to find some way to watch it.

If not I guess I will just go with the audio.

9. TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Vote Kodos in '08!!

Jun 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm assuming the game will be shown at BW3 at Bethel Road.

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That's my understanding.

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some HD Net games are "exclusives". Some are not. The HD signal is not compatible with the streaming feed, so if it's an "exclusive" then it won't be available.

This came up a couple of years ago when there were some games left over that nobody was covering. MLS went to Cuban's people and begged them to carry them (in addition to the games they already had).

They agreed. A lot of people then complained loudly and bitterly about how HD was keeping those matches off of DK and local TV. In actuality, if HDNet hadn't agreed to carry them, NOBODY would have carried them.

HDNet provides the best of both though. You can dial up that 16:9 signal, turn off the audio so you don't have your intelligence insulted having to listen to that insufferable, ignorant, pompous baboon Marcelo Balboa, and tune in to Dwight Burgess, the voice and choice of the Columbus Crew and the best soccer PBP man on this side of the big pond.

Delightful evening. I simply can't wait.

And if you just can't find anyplace to watch the game, do the smart thing: call up your local Rent-to-own place, have them deliver a 50" plasma, get three or four friends to kick in five bucks each (plus beer) watch the game in grand style and then call the crooks at RTO on Monday morning and tell them you've changed your mind. They'll come and pick it up, charge you for one week and you've had a taste of HD soccer.

12. Frat Alien

Frat Alien New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Space
    The uncertainty as to which games are/aren't available and the lack of information on it on the site is why I won't yet sign up for mlslive.tv

13. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So your 20 bucks will get you one game this weekend? Here i was ready to actually shell out the money for this thing. But if they can't be certain i'll be able to watch my Crew then i doubt i'm going to be shelling out the cash.

I really didn't mind spending the money and thought it a fair price, but come on, you have to have more than one game per weekend broadcast. If its just the HDNet games, this should be the only road game not broadcast along with the 7/29 Chicago right? As upsetting as this is, it's still more soccer than in past. We are still going in a positive direction to have this much coverage so i can be too mad.

Time to find a place with HDNet to watch the game.