No TV for July 4th match?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Cweedchop, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a difference havinbg Lalas as a GM. he's walking in the stands poromoting the Metros yet can't get TV form MSG for this game. Keepp up the good work. Oh, yeah. Let's pick up Wynalda and Harkes and drop Magee and Lisi so they can go to Columbus for free!

2. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Oh my goodnees people. IT'S ONE GAME! Don't blame this on Lalas. These things have been set since before the season started. Get a grip!

You've been spoiled by having all games on the TV in the past. Deal with it. Yes, it sucks, but you can listen to the English version on the radio from the SLC feed off mlsnet.com. If you want to be po'd about anything, then why don't the Metros have an English radio broadcast? That's something that's bothered me since arriving.

3. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005

Maybe they think all the fans from NY will travel to Salt lake city to watch the game.

4. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I, for one, can't make it.

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    What's the final score of tonight's game? I heard it's tomorrow morning already in Japan!

6. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    No, Salt lake has all those great resturants and theather. Opps, that is NYC.

7. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to the players entrance before or after the next home game. There is an entire production truck which would have to be transported to SLC or rented out there. I hate this too, but get a grip, this team has the best TV coverage in the league. IMHO

8. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Local equipment is usually rented for the facility. With this being a holiday, it would be much more expensive than normal. All of the people would be paid premium wages to work today. MSG would have to pay for all of that in addition to the people from NY would have have to go out there. Unfortunately, it's just not worth it at this time.

9. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Game apparently will be broadcast on local sports radio in Salt Lake. Poster on "another webpage" put up a link to the station & I'm currently listening to it. No one has actually said they'll be broadcasting the game yet.

10. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States