No Team China in FIFA 12 - Let's Create Our Own

Discussion in 'China' started by cfb21, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

OMG i would be SOO down!
    i just recently started VP and i fricken love it!

2. choysum08

choysum08 New Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi ntg. Sorry if this is not the right forum for this message ...

I'm a graduate from Stanford University, and I'm starting a sports site for native Chinese speakers.

We cover popular teams like the Lakers and Man Utd and also sports like American football and basketball.

The articles are in native Chinese -- not translated versions from English. The language is designed for native speakers.

The site is http://www.choysum.com.

We're trying to see which teams to cover first ... any advice?

Thanks for your help!

- Clarence
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/clarencehu

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hey choysum welcome to the forum :)

usually i wouldn't mind people linking their site here as long it is about chinese football (wildeastfootball, chinesefootballblog, asianfootballfeast).

however, your site is about lakers and manchester united, which is rather irrelevant to chinese football (unless manchester united has a chinese player).

i dun mind you posting here two times making reference to your site (other forum would consider you spam), but after those two times i hope you would make more reference to chinese football instead.

--

anyway i dun watch basketball myself so i am a bad person to ask about the lakers. for manchester united, if you were to make a site, i think you need to provide something unique than sina/163/and any other chinese sports sites, those chinese sports sites cover EPL and Manchester United consistently.

good luck with your site.

4. choysum08

choysum08 New Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks, ntg.

We cover other teams, too. The Lakers and Man Utd are just two examples.

The idea is to provide articles in native Chinese, not translated English.

We also want to start with teams that have Chinese people -- for instance, Ed Wang of the Buffalo Bills, who is the first Chinese person to play American football.

We want to the be first site to do nothing but cover sports.

Are there teams you wish were covered in native Chinese?

Thanks for the feedback!

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hahah i am a bit unclear when you mentioned "the idea is to provide articles in native Chinese, not translated English"

so your group is going to analyze something from Manchester United and type it out in Chinese?

anyway, the teams that i would like to be covered is beira-mar (portugal), suduva (lithuania), cercle brugge (belgium), jeonbuk motors (south korea). if you are able to cover those teams with native chinese, it would be impressive :) (each of those teams has a chinese player)

6. choysum08

choysum08 New Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks, ntg.

Sorry for the confusion. Today, a lot of sports articles are translated from English. They are not written from the ground up for the native Chinese speaker.

We want to change this.

We could start with those teams, but we need to have 5K members per team before we can assign a writer.

Could you forward http://www.choysum.com to your friends who are also interested in these teams?

Once we have enough people interested in one team, we can assign someone to write up articles in native Chinese.

What do you think?

Thanks!

7. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Yeah come, I'm really up for that.

8. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Ok I finished making Team China now, you can look at them here:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre

Type "China PR" into the search bar and it will be the one created by dominicc23 and the city is Shenzhen.

For some reason, the faces come up as bald white guys, but I guarantee I did their faces and I double checked on the settings. For any of you North Americans buying the game tomorrow, download the team I made and double check that everyone has hair and looks Chinese.

9. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ya i think im gonna get it lol........godddd
    the defending is so bad

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i just created an EA account (i havn't got the game yet)

i realized there were two china teams (one is cfb and another is falconwhateverhisnameis, the other one spells Li Xuepeng wrong lolol)

anyway cfb, for the penalty kicker, zheng zhi isn't first choice, the usual first choice is Yang Hao :rolleyes: then Hao Junmin then Deng Zhuoxiang :)

btw i am using google chrome to load the EA shit and it's painfully slow.

11. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    By the way, which platform are you all playing FIFA12 on?

I haven't gotten it yet this year, but in the past I've played it online via PS3.

I don't mind getting it for PC though if that is the platform everyone else prefers.

12. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Sorry I took a while, I been out all day. I put Zheng Zhi because he took the penalty against Singapore, but yeah, I'll change it to Deng Zhuoxiang.

If there is ANYTHING that any of you are unhappy with, please tell me and I won't hesitate to change it :)

Don't download that other China team, it's shit, Du Wei is bald with a moustache and they also spelled Yang Xu wrong. It's clearly a guy who knows nothing about China, went on Wikipedia and made a team to get loads of downloads.

13. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    games really fun so far, career mode is more developed!!
    time to raise my chinese players hehe. zheng chengdong has a 91 rating for jumping so thats pretty sick haha 91 or 81...i dunno.

so we doing that pro club thing!!! ntg you get it yet haha~

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i will get it before october 10th or so :)
    (main reason: credit card bills lol and got a damn wedding to attend so that's $$$$$$$$$$$)

i have ps3 btw, so i dunno if i am able to play against you guys with xbox, pc, etc..

15. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I can go with either PS3 or PC. I think the online modes are unique to each platform though, so yeah anyone who is interested in starting up should list what platform they plan on/are running FIFA12 on.

16. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    thats quite unfortunate because me and cb have 360 haha
    damn it!

17. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    For anyone who downloaded the China team I created and saw the ********ed up faces that Deng Zhuoxiang and Yu Hai had, that's been fixed now. I also fixed up a few other players.

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    with so many lurkers in bigsoccer china forum
    i expect an OK to MODERATE amount of downloads :)

19. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    18 downloads so far... Any of you download the team yet? if so, any opinions?

20. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I have but ive only played career mode haha

21. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    It's dawned on me that I made the following players look like shit and will be improving all of them by Thursday:

Liu Jianye
    Zheng Zhi
    Chen Tao

If there's any other player who's face you want me to tweak (even if it's something minor like the hairstyle, consider there are limitations), let me know.

22. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    updated some faces and made the kits look more like the actual kits.

On FIFA, go to the creation center thing and click on China PR to update the squad. I added Wu Xi to the main team and put Zhang Chengdong in the reserves (with 87 acceleration and 89 top speed)

23. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

wu xi played so much better than liu jianye on thursday.
    is zhang chengdong actually that fast?

24. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    I seen Zhang play a couple times and he seems fast, on Football Manager 2010 he is roughly that fast and their stats are generally a LOT more accurate than FIFA's.

And yeah, Wu Xi is a player I like a lot more than Liu Jianye but overall I'd take Zhang Linpeng over either of them. Just my opinion though. :D

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hey cfb
    right now i am high with cannabis, playing fifa 12 (last fifa game was 2004 lol)
    i wanna say the team china is fcuking awesome
    just played uzbekistan and lost 0-2
    4-4-2 more better than 4-5-1 hahaha.