No Sound Through TV

Discussion in 'Technology' started by cageyfoot, Aug 31, 2003.

1. cageyfoot

cageyfoot New Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I hooked up a Maganavox dvd theater system last night and I am able to get sound from the DVD, and the radio tuner but I can't get sound from the regular tv. Hooked up using the S-cable w/ audio in/out cables for sound. TV is a Sony Wega. Any ideas?

2. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Read the manuel carefully or buy a new TV.

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your description is a little vague. You are using the tuner inside the Vega, right? Then you need to hook the audio out from the TV to the appropriate audio in on the receiver.

If you did that, and still aren't getting sound, try changing the TV volume and report back your results. It shouldn't matter, but it might.

I have a Vega at home - I'll check the manual if I remember after work. I have a DirecTiVo, so my TV is little more than a really nice monitor, as I don't use the TV tuner.

4. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    ok, i am not a tech person, but once i hooked a playstation into the tv pretty roughly into the audio inlet thingy (the red, yellow, white) holes, and then after i took the playstation out i had no sound. and after a few days, i was sick of watching tv without sound, so i stuck a pen inside ( while the tv was on), and i took the pen off and the sound went off. so i stuck the pen inside and the sound came on again. so i watched tv with the pen stuck on it.

i am not sure if that is your problem.