NL clubs in UEFA [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by sonicdream, Oct 3, 2002.

1. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    NL clubs in UEFA

The three representatives of NL to the UEFA Cup had a poor outing during the first leg, as all three are facing elimination today.

However, at halftime, Vitesse has an 0-1 lead, at Bucaresti; aggregate now 0-1 in favour of Arnhem !

And, would you believe it, Heerenveen is up 2-0; they still need to score ONE more goal to tie the aggregate up at 3-3. C'mon H'veen !

As for Utreg, well, they're down 0-1 only after 6 min. They're toast.

2. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Vitesse survived at Bucaresti, wins 0-1....and makes it through to the next round. I'm glad for them.

However, poor Heerenveen failed to score that important third goal, thus falling 2-3 in aggregate at Abe Lenstra Stadium, against another Romanian club.

No hope for Utrecht....

One out of three makes it to next round of UEFA......plus probably PSV, who's quite certain not to qualify for CL 2nd round.

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Heerenveen really should have made that 3rd goal, the match could have gone so much better if Denneboom had made that big early chance to score...and then there's that chance in the last minutes where that free player wasn't able to control the ball to make the shot. At least they finally won a game this season. :D

FC Utrecht just didn't have enough quality to pose a threat.

At least Vitesse made it to guarantee football on at least 2 more thursdays on my tv.

4. Crewman Q

Crewman Q New Member

Feb 8, 2000
    Media, Pa. 19063 USA
    Vitesse Will surely have their work cut out for them in the next round.Drawn from the group 4 pot, the Arnhem side are matched against Werder Bremen. The fixtures will be October 31 at the Gelredome in Arnhem and November 14 in Bremen.

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How the hell did Frank Verlaat get to be captain at Werder Bremen?

6. Crewman Q

Crewman Q New Member

Feb 8, 2000
    Media, Pa. 19063 USA
    He has moved further backwards as the years have gone on. Now, a sweeper type of player, I guess the deficiencies he once showed with Ajax are less visible in his role at Bremen. As for being captain, I suggest that the same voting standards seen in Florida last time were in use in the Werder changing room.

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Probably :)