NJ Rangers

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by GUYJ, Mar 4, 2008.

1. GUYJ

GUYJ Member

Mar 6, 2000
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    USL is showing the Ranger's home field to be Rich High School. I did a Web search, can't find any such school in northern NJ. Anybody have some info? I thought they would be playing either in Morristown or Flanders.

2. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Denville, NJ & they are also close to Rockaway, NJ. I-80 West will be the quickest way to get there.

3. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Actually, this was something I was wondering too. What *city* is Rich High School actually in? Is it in Denville, NJ? Does the school go by a different name?

4. GUYJ

GUYJ Member

Mar 6, 2000
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    Thanks - I remember you from ESC. I live right off of 80, and know Denville pretty well. Still don't think their high school is called "Rich".

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I read their directions and my fiance lived in the area over there with her folks. It might be a different name for the high school, but the directions I followed from their website and my map program lead me there from Rockaway to Denville.

Near Rte 46 and of course where that Charlie Browns & Burger King is.

6. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also figured they'd be near Flanders.

There is no Rich HS in the Rockaway/Denville area. The field GIO17 describes is Gardner Field. It's a town field setup, mix of baseball, soccer, football and a few tennis courts.

The HS is just up the road, Morris Knolls HS, also has a field. Scroll SW on the above mapquest link to find Knoll Dr off of Franklin Ave.

I've never heard of Rich HS.

7. GUYJ

GUYJ Member

Mar 6, 2000
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    The Rangers Website finally has some info on the PDL squad. Looks like they will be playing at Morris Catholic HS. Anybody plan on checking them out?