NISA (New NASL-allied D3 league) Mega-Thread

Tema en 'NASL' iniciado por oneeyedfool, 6 Jun 2017.

1. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    I also find the Stars attendance hard to believe and it’s difficult to corroborate because there is no photographic evidence of actual human beings there.

Stumptown gets a pass this week as there were thunderstorms in Charlotte all day on Saturday.

04 definitely wasn’t 0, you can hear drumming in the stream, but who knows, could be just that one person with the drum.

LA Force was “invitation only”, which.. whatever.

2. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oct 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing 1904's second home match had sub-250 people attending. Maybe 200 attendees.

Rain or shine, Stumptown never really had great attendance.

3. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oct 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated NISA Fall Season Attendance as of 8/25/21:

15 matches played

Detroit City: 6,076/4,664

Chattanooga FC: 2,916/2,008

Michigan Stars: 1,628/1,857

Chicago House: 1,183

California United: 653

New Amsterdam: 278/333

1904 FC: 237/182

Stumptown: 167

Los Angeles Force: 0/0

Average attendance: 1,478

• 1904's second home match was posted as 182 people attending. I blame the taco stand for the low attendance. Just kidding...mostly.
    • Chicago's attendance wasn't good. Not sure if the shutout loss is going to help fill more people in a 20,000 seater soccer stadium.
    • I assume with New Amsterdam's hot winning streak, their next home match will have more than 400 people showing up?
    • Los Angeles still doesn't have a permanent place to play.

4. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018

Can’t hurt.

5. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    Of course I’m not sure how many people will see that, since NAFC has 2 Twitter accounts: @nafcnyc and @NAFCNY. And they seem to randomly post to either. Which is just so NISA.

6. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oct 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1904's Supporters Group twitter account with 9 followers desperately asking people to attend a third division soccer match at a high school stadium with no alcohol zones

7. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

17 Feb 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    people will flock to watch truly independent clubs, or so i have heard.

A HailtotheKing le gusta esto.
  8. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    25 Oct 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, by this time next year the NISA will only be a memory.

9. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    18 Abr 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I was looking forward to the Nassau County derby between New Amsterdam and the Cosmos.

10. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

17 Feb 2000
    Wichita, KS USA

A Doogh y song219 les gusta esto.
  11. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

22 Mar 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe the league could relocate to Europe since they play European-style soccer there.

12. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oct 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oct 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated NISA Fall Season Attendance as of 8/30/21:

20 matches played

Detroit City: 6,076/4,664

Chattanooga FC: 2,916/2,008/2,158

Michigan Stars: 1,628/1,857

Chicago House: 1,183/1,013

California United: 653

New Amsterdam: 278/333/404

Maryland Bobcats: 305

1904 FC: 237/182

Stumptown: 167/189

Los Angeles Force: 0/0

Total attendance: 26,251

Average attendance: 1,312

• New Amsterdam did cross over 400 people attending by four more bodies.
    • The bottom half is really dragging the average attendance of the 10 team-league down some more.
    • Chicago would've had under 1,000 attending had it been not the hundreds of traveling Detroit City fans.

A Stuart95 le gusta esto.
  14. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

17 Feb 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    what are they spending the money they are not spending on expansion fees on, exactly?

15. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    Well one thing would be operating expenses during a 2 year period where no one is able to get much revenue from ticket sales, which seems like a much better use of the money.

16. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

11 Mar 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At one point, the owner of the Kingston Stockade was publishing his books for the club so that other owners could learn/improve. Also, before they imploded, the owners of the SF Deltas talked about their loses. If you're interested, they might worth a looking up online.

17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    18 Abr 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is Crowley's article but he has never run a professional soccer club.

https://medium.com/stockadefc/stockade-fc-end-of-season-recap-2016-c2e4d318b364

But operating expenses are also covered by clubs that have paid an expansion fee. In fact an expansion fee is like an expensive gym membership, where you're more likely to show up based on the amount of money you've committed.

A Stuart95 le gusta esto.
  18. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    I’m not sure what kind of argument this is: “these other guys who started $1 million in the hole have to pay their bills too” doesn’t seem like strongest take.

19. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    18 Abr 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I look at Detroit City and I look at Louisville City and I knew which one looks like the model lower division football club.

20. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    Just because the guy down the street’s payments to keep his Escalade are the same as my car that cost half as much, it doesn’t mean I would be comfortable paying that much overall for a car.

21. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    You’re going to have to flesh this one out a little better if you’re comparing a grassroots D3 club to a team that has been built and financed to be ready to take a call from Don Garber. If your bar is Louisville, then we might as well shut down all of USL, too.

22. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

11 Mar 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Paul ... that provides a very good insight into the probable expenses for an NISA club. The exceptions would be player payroll and much higher travel costs. Unfortunately, with a high percentage of revenue coming from ticket sales, that doesn't bode well for the lower end teams.

The only variables seem to be concessions and field costs. Not owning their stadium eliminated revenue ($20 stadium beers) and, had they owned their own fields, they would have been close to breaking even. This was a big issue for MLS early on.

Hopefully these clubs can find a way to make it work.

23. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    1 Dic 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please, there's several clubs in "all of USL" that, even with LCFC as the bar meet the standard even if they look a bit different.

24. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 Abr 2018
    Sure - but you'd need 12 of them to keep sanctioning and... that would be a real stretch, honestly.

But it's also beside the point: if the "model club" is one that is MLS-caliber and can afford to build a $65 million stadium and that's what we're setting expectations to, the sport is doomed. That's simply not scalable. And it's super unrealistic for D3, which is why I'm not even sure why they were used as an example.

I think Phoenix Rising is a "model lower division club". I think the Rowdies are a "model lower division club" - both of these much more of a realistic D2 model than Louisville, honestly. I think Forward Madison is a "model lower division club". And, yes, I think Detroit City is a "model lower division club": it's foolish to pass up the model that DCFC has created to hold out for more Louisvilles. But it's not the "best" or "only" way to build a lower division team. But Detroit shows that you don't have to be bankrolled by a billionaire to build a successful, sustainable, and competitive lower division soccer team. Madison does, too. But there's a hell of a lot of sweat equity involved.

Compartir esta página