NISA (New NASL-allied D3 league) Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'NASL' started by oneeyedfool, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    No different than most of our Nat team fans...

....the less a player plays the greater their ability becomes (NISA right now).
    If a player gets injured, comes back and shows they aren't that good anyway, it's because of the injury which ruined their possibly sparkling careers....or the player doesn't play because bevause there is a conspiracy against them by the coach due to nationality, the board, etc (NASL).

No different.

2. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe we will know anything about the future of 1904 FC till after the NASL appeal has been heard sometime in mid-December. I hate to admit it, but I think their best path for success would be in the USL.

3. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #253 SteveUSSF_ref8, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    There is what appears to be the future for each on the former NASL clubs.

San Francisco, Edmonton, NY Cosmos, and Cal United - Out of Business
    North Carolina, Indy and San Diego - USL
    Puerto Rico - USL-D3 in 2019
    Miami and Jacksonville - NISA

4. Threeke

Threeke Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Why do you hate to admit it?

I personally couldn't care less what league a team plays in, so long as our team is well-run, well-managed and is fun to watch.

5. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I have been a big supporter of the NASL. Which makes me anti-USL. I view the USL as the "MAN" in a corporate sense. Also, I don't care much for a league that has MLS reserve teams playing in the same league as my club. I am of the opinion the MLS reserve teams belong in the 3rd division.

6. Paulo_PT

Paulo_PT Member

SL Benfica
    Portugal
    Sep 17, 2017
    Maybe the path is to move MLS reserve teams (Not affilliated but B Teams only. All MLS should have a B Team, but not in USL) to a North America Under-23 League, with teams from Canada, USA and Mexico. Probably with 2 Divisions (Elite Division and Honor Division) and promotion and relegation.

7. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way that's happening. It's the antithesis of what USL D3 is aiming to be, a hyper regional league. Unless USL D3 is going to include a Puerto Rican division (and there is no way that's happening in 2019 or likely ever), flying to Puerto Rico is a non-starter. Puerto Rico is probably done and dusted regardless of leagues.

8. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

athletics68 repped this.
  9. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is my hope that in 2019 when USL D3 kicks off they will move all the B and II (2) reserve clubs there.

10. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Guys like you make me laugh. 99% of you are in league with "the man" in some shape or form in almost all aspects of your life, yet this is so, so different.

Laughable stuff....small mentality. Really funny.

Also, if you are in league with something this corrupt, this poorly run, this over the top, lies as much as NASL has, can't take responsibility for any of their own failings...it speaks volumes about you.

You, and NASL, are jokes. Trying so hard to be "different" while only proving your incredible mental limitations. Classic.

jaykoz3 and JDogindy repped this.
  11. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will admit I am intrigued. I was impressed with what I saw on the NISA website and it doesn't hurt that my hometown is linked. That said, I haven't followed the game very long and more globally than domestically.

What are the keys to it working and are there fair odds it could do so?

12. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Dude, could you tone the hatred down just a tittle? No need for personal attacks, a simple counter argument would suffice.

13. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USL tried a Puerto Rican division in 2011. None if the teams lived longer than two months.

14. Threeke

Threeke Member

Feb 26, 2016
    No one has confirmed that yet, but USL is clearly focused on build enough infrastructure for teams to slide in wherever they are best suited. There are already 60+ PDL teams that make up this u23 league idea that you bring up, in addition to the forthcoming USLD3 teams in 2019 and beyond.

If even 1/3 of those PDL teams can extend their operations to a full length season, that third division will be decently populated shortly.

15. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorta. Those Puerto Rican teams were supposed to fly to the mainland at least 6 times and twice to Antigua. USL D3 now, as far as we understand it to be, will be in regions closer to that of PDL groupings where bus trips are emphasized and flying to a regular season game would be minimized as much as possible.

Your point is correct, though. A Puerto Rican team is a non-starter right now and probably forever for D3. If somehow USL wanted to create a full division of teams in Puerto Rico that completely played on the island for the regular season, then there may be something in that. However I'd imagine it wouldn't make sense to include that the nascent D3 instead of being it's own entity. Nor would a pro league on the island make sense right now given the state of things on the island and the poverty on the island even before the hurricane.

16. Paulo_PT

Paulo_PT Member

SL Benfica
    Portugal
    Sep 17, 2017
    Is not the same... I'm talking about a Professional Under-23 full-season League, with clubs from MLS, Liga MX and CanPL (future).

With this reserve teams in a competitive league, MLS main teams could have better roster options all season.

17. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are quality ownership groups not flocking to the new system open pyramid?

Fifteen letters of intent > eight applications > three worthwhile.

Eventually, some people here might start to think this is hard to do.

When Saturday Comes and athletics68 repped this.
  19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the International Division, with three Puerto Rico teams, Antigua and Los Angeles.

The three Puerto Rico teams got booted for being basket cases the day after Mother's Day. Antigua lasted that year and (oddly enough) two more, the final one as a road team that didn't win a game.

It's not terribly surprising. It was a craptacular idea, one of Marcos' last ones. (NuRock had taken over by then, but Marcos was the director of international development or something.)

Caribbean teams have always been hot messes, to varying degrees.

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, they have pushed back to 2019, dropped expansion fees and will have an easy dues payment installment plan.

“Lowering the barriers to entry,” they say.

I will just say this: barriers to entry are good. When we did not have them in the 1990s, you saw the results.

I know the egalitarian utopia of every pub league team having a chance to dream is what gives prawns wood, but it’s not realistic.

Now that they won’t be first to market, the D3 competition gets very interesting.

When Saturday Comes repped this.
  21. When Saturday Comes

Apr 9, 2012
    Calgary
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    But I've been told by Cosmos fans on Reddit and Twitter that expansion fees should be zero. And this will propel NISA to great things.

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I am ambivalent about the Cosmos continuing on or folding up shop (mainly because no matter what they try to tell you, these Cosmos aren't those Cosmos), I will not miss Cosmosfan.

23. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you "relegated" the bottom four from each conference based on 2017 results, half-ish the B/2 teams would drop to USL 2.

24. Real_Madrid_Fan

May 9, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...and the FC tampa Bay are the Rowdies, isn't it?? LOL

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they aren't.

I've never said they are.

In fact, I've been very vocal about the fact that the two stars over their crest are stupid, and that they "forgot" they retired number 7 almost three decades ago.

But they're Tampa Bay's team at the moment, and therefore, they're mine.

So go LOL elsewhere, jagov.