Nikki off to Ottawa (sniff)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by JBG - Bribe Taker, Nov 6, 2013.

1. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess he's a former player now but he deserves his own thread. Ottawa made Nikki Paterson there first signing for the club as they start their inaugural season in NASL next year. We sure enjoyed the years he was with us, I guess we were fortunate no one grabbed him before now. I know we also wish our players good luck and are happy to see them move on but it still hurts and we'll miss him on many levels. He was a class player, a strong leader, a fan favorite and for me personally, helped our family during our dark period. As they say in the Navy...... Fair Winds & Following Seas......

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/Fury-FC-Announce-Nicki-Paterson-as-the-Club`s-First-Signing

Mikey mouse repped this.
  2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicki is a great guys and really deserves everything he gets. If you haven't seen Molly Darcy's FB page what they posted sums it up well for what he meant to us fans and to our community

"Well what can we say. Nicki Paterson has announced his Deal with Ottowa Fury. And how Lucky Ottowa is, Our Loss I Guess. I know I'm repeating myself but Charleston you have no Idea what you have in "The Charleston Battery Soccer Team". Nicki, now a former player of ours is the Epitome of a True and Talented Athlete and Gentleman. What a Pleasure it has been to know him. ANY Community in the Worldis Lucky to have him. During his time here he touched many lives and of course scored many goals. You would have seen him at many local Charity events always doing what was right and laughing all the way. Some of you reading this never have even been to the Stadium, Sad, some of you have not met Nicki, Sad. But there is a Great Team here still and all are great Guy's and a Tribute to Charleston and Soccer. Nicki thank you so much for your Friendship and Talent. We love you in a Special Way. We wish you the best and are confident you will continue in greatness. Every time I step onto the Battery Field I will remember you with Joy. And Next Season you will be the Honorary Guest on Irish Night, I Promise you that. I Will never forget that Green Tux...LOL. God Bless you and Cheryl and of Course "Ottowa Fury" Bon Voyage Friend."

3. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Where is the dislike button on this….lol