Nike Vapor/Legend/Supremacy Thread - all related posts here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Re: Nike Vapor Thread Part 3 (All Vapor posts here)

Why would you ever continue to support a team that sucks :eek: ?!! Just your preference?? JK, but seriously, I'm comfortable in them, and honestly can't get used to anything else. I love the touch, feel, how the heel is raised, and how light they are. I've tried predators, v1's, legends, supremacies, cellerators, absolutes, and I keep buying vapors. It's just a preference and I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same tears in the sole plate.

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I just picked up the black and gold vapors in both Fg and Sg. The Fg's I got brand new from work and the Sg's I nicked off ebay used 2 times for $120.00.

I had some issues with breaking them in at the first wear, I felt the faux leather insole prevent proper foot flexion when striking the ball because of how it interacts with the footbed of most socks. Also the the chasis was very stiff.

So I pretty much bent the shoe backwards and side ways until it became very flexy and almost flimsy. The upper broke in quick while I was using them and then even more so when I soaked them in hot water and bent them more then wore them around wet. I also swapped insoles to a thicker one with cloth textured footbed. This aided in the shoe breaking in more because I was able to bend my foot more when striking the ball. After getting the leather insole wet again and wearing them in my apartment they seem to be more forgiving on the foot.

I like the upper much more than the first two Vapors, it doesn't seem as stiff and rigid. I must agree that the feel in these is much different than anything else and other shoes feel very weird after wearing these, I tried my Legends and AZT 4's on and both felt awakard when trying to strike the ball. Also my indoor boots felt weird too. I think I need to get some Steams in the tf and ic models to keep up with the feel, I would wear my Vapor FS's but they are crocked.

Anyone have any info on the Steam's fit compared to the Vapor?

Also the Vapors seem to get a weird odor due to the synthetic that none of my other boots have ever had except my Vapor 1's which ripped anyway, any tips on how to keep it under control? I have some Gold Bond powder in there now and it seems to subdue it but not kill it off.

3. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA

Odor...ha, wait until they start smelling like your trash can. Appreciate the "new" smell while you can. These don't breathe at all and if you sweat or the ground is wet, you need to air them out asap. Also, if you shove them into your bag wet, they'll stay wet untl the next day or day after. Even if it's in a side compartment. I have 3 pairs of the MVIII's and now take the insoles out after every use and stick them in the ball compartment of my backpack just to dry. I have another pair coming in this week and plan on sticking newspaper in them after every use. Someone gave me that tip.....good luck!

4. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003

the sneaker odor/smell removal spray can ($5) from footlocker is real strong (nauseating at times), but it should do the trick

5. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Yeah I have a very limited sensual recognition of smells, but im told after I wore then clean them my Vapors STINK of Cats Urine :)eek: ) as I leave them sat around the house to dry!

6. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Same with my F30.6's, I think it is the synthetic. Mine also enjoy countless nights outside in the cold.:p

7. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Ha! My Vapors are waaay more important than the sensitivity of other peeps in my house! Dogs can live out in the cold, shoes are much more loved!!!

8. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA

Ha, cat urine! Man, I left my soccer bag in my car one time! That's all it took. I have two pairs of vapors that fit in the side compartment of my backpack, accidently left them in overnight, and the following morning my car fricken wreaked!!! Even over the leather seats....sitting them outside is a good idea, but the footlocker spray is even better. I've tried Febreeze and that didn't work.

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

With my Vapor 1's I used some antimicrobal spray that killed off all germs that cause 99.9% of odor but I think what ever was going on in those boots fell into the .1% range.

I guess the treatment process for the upper combined with foot sweat and little ventilation is the main cause.

I picked up some odor eaters spray and powder today and really gave the boots a twice over with it. I guess tonight when I get back home I will see how much they stunk up my room. Leaving them outside isnt an option for me though because I live in an apt. complex and have no place to leave them. I guess my girlfriend will have to deal with the stink when she comes over, one more thing she will learn to love about soccer ;)

10. matiaschileno

matiaschileno New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    charlotte nc

i just bought the vapor 3s they came in today im a size 9.5 so thats wut i got i went to play in them today and damnnn they feel tightttt realliy tight i got like 4 blisters on each foot from them....does any1 know if they will strech and break in or am i gunna have to get a size 10?
    there niceee shoes feel good but after like 30 mins of play my foot was hurting soo badd any 1 can helpp?

11. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA

That'll pass. I've worn vapors and the old r9's for years and always bought the appropriate size. However, the MVIII's in which I owned 4 pair, I've always bought a half size smaller. They WILL stretch and fit perfect after some use. Trust me, you don't want to size up, they'll feel really big. I sold my 9.5's on ebay after 2 uses and sized down to 9's and never looked back. Stick it out, they'll stretch.

12. matiaschileno

matiaschileno New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    charlotte nc

ightt ima go with ur word thanksss cuz ive heard they streach from alott of ppl

13. Henry 14

Henry 14 New Member

Apr 23, 2006

Hey guys, after reading some posts ive been wondering. My vapor 3's really kill both my big toes (they are touching the end of the boot) ive worn them about 6 times and tried the shower trick but the pain isnt going away when i wear them. What should i do ?

p.s ive just tried my mv 2's on that i thought i was never gonna fit into and they seem to fit theyre 11's, my mv 3's are 10s. I think im gonna have to sell my mv3's and get some in a size 10.5.

14. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The shower trick wont work on synthetic just wear em at home, and move your toes around just to get enough streach.

15. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Henry 14, have you tried using thinner socks or putting in a thinner insole?

16. RedwoodRangers7

RedwoodRangers7 New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Visalia, Ca

has anyone here had a problem with the vapor II's??...i've had two pairs and both have cracked in half....do the vapor III's crack as easily?

17. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What do you mean by crack every boot has some flaw no boot is indistructable if you wear them day in day out and use them well..

18. Henry 14

Henry 14 New Member

Apr 23, 2006

Ive tried thinner socks but havent tried thinner insoles. My toes are a bit scrunched up and its generally uncomfortable. If my size 11 mv2's fit i think these are the wrong size tbh. I cant believe this because i bought the 10.5s about 4 month ago and sent them back for 10s hich felt a good fit, i guess my feet have grown and i will have to go and try some 11s or 10.5s on in a shop in the mv3's.

19. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA

MVIII's size a HALF size smaller than what you wear in MVII's, not a full size!

20. Adidas_wordcup

Adidas_wordcup New Member

Nov 28, 2005

they did that with me too on my vapor 3s 11 they kill my big toes i had to sell them but on my MV 1s that i got they are 11s they dont even hurt me all i prefer vapor 1s then mv3

21. _niko_

_niko_ New Member

Apr 13, 2004

Which are the boots C. Ronaldo using at the moment(ManU-Wigan)? It looks like those are fully white except Nike logo. I've looked for fully white Vapours since the IIIs came out so let me know if I can buy those somewhere...

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
  23. _jt__

_jt__ New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Valbo

Did anyone else notice that Didier Drogba was MV IIs today?
    He wore the blue ones with red details

They looked amazing:eek:

24. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Not in the second half he didn't - this is the second goal of the game:

[​IMG]

First half I believe he did, look at the studs they appear to be FG MVII's:

[​IMG]

How strange that he would go back to the II's, then change back to the III's again at half time! I would've said he feels the same way I do about them, but obviously not.

Also a bit of trivia, Henri Camara's not the only player wearing the yellow III's - look at Lita in the background, it appears he has them on too.

25. _niko_

_niko_ New Member

Apr 13, 2004