Nike Thread [9] - all info, questions, pictures HERE please!!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon17

Bluemoon17 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    They aren't selling them. Nike usually release two colourways of each boot at a time:
    Cactus and Black/Pink Mercurial (although Nike are claiming it's red)
    Black/Mint and White/Cyber/Black CTR
    Red/White and White/Black/Blue Laser.

In the UK at least, JJB get one colourway and SportsDirect get the other colourway. That's why you only saw the Violet Mercurials in Sports Direct, and the Obsidian/Mint in JJB. A bit annoying, but blame Nike.

Does anybody have any pictures of the Black/Yellowy-orange Mercurials that AREN'T from the catologue? Really want to see what they look like not on a piece of paper.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    sports direct and JJB are owned by the same company so its no loss to them. But it does explain why JJB never stocked the purple colourway.

I went into Nike town today and saw some cactus vapors with a neon pink tick. They looked awsome!

appleCORR

3. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They are not owned by the same company, JJB and sports direct are massive rivals, sports direct is owned by Newcastle owner mike ashley, not sure where you have got that from. What is this company you claim own them?

4. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I've noticed that, how does it work then do Nike just not allow sports direct to buy a certain colour? Or is it they can't make enough to stock both companies?

5. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've had my elite WC CTR 360 Maestris for quite a while now.

Now that they've really been broken in, they feel even more amazingly comfortable.

I kid you not the kanga-lite leather feels softer than my adipures. It feels like REAL k-leather.

I may not ever wear another boot again.

6. nbvb

nbvb Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do the ctrs have any give/stretch like k leather?

7. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no thats why i love them. They haven't stretched, ripped, or seperated from the soleplate.

Real durable boot. The only thing im worried about is the carbon fibre cracking on me or something. Thats the only thing i could see happening to this boot.

8. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^^^^^^^This may be a bad spot for this post considering the one above haha, but here it goes.

[​IMG]

My CTR lace holder ripped today after taking some practice shots. I purchased these in February and the production date was May 09..so they are well within the 2 year window. They look practically new because I rotate between quite a few different boots so there's no sign of wear or abuse. I've absolutely loved these boots up until now so it reallllly sucks that this happens a month before season. Anyone sent these back to Nike for a lace holder rip? I just wanted to know what to expect. I'm currently in Canada but I can send them back through my parents address in the US if that would work out better. I've heard horror stories of returning items in Canada, so I think returning them through the US is the safer bet. I just thought I'd ask because I'm sure someone has ran into this at some point. Any info/expectations are greatly appreciated.

9. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the accept returns for that. I've only seen it on black/red pairs which is kind of weird. Sorry but I don't know about returns from Canada.

10. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, my parents live in the US so I'll probably end up sending them back through them or just drive 45 minutes across the border to ship them back. Same here, I think it's very common for the red/black pairs because that's all I've seen with this issue. Thanks man, I'm browsing on the nikebiz site now to figure it all out.

11. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    After about 4 months use, not even proper use since i rotate between boots, twice a week at it's most frequent. Ignore the mud, they look good when they're clean. I didn't even do anything stupid, when i see pictures like these i always assume the person did something wrong.

[​IMG]

12. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Damn, somewhat same situation(6 months I think). I have 4 other boots that share the load so these really have seen a ton of time at all. That's a pretty tough split...do you play on turf much? The only boots I've seen close to that was a teammate of mine that played on turf constantly and complained that he separated soles with every boot. I have some Ignite's coming in Monday so it's great timing I guess, but I'm dropping them off for shipping tomorrow at UPS from the US so I should get something back in a month or so. I'm hoping for a voucher but I'll take the Red/Black just the same.

13. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Nope, never played on turf, Never had a boot seperate like this before, only had ripped v1.06 but that happens to everyone. Still have vapor IIs and pulses from way back and neither show signs of giving up yet. Very dissapointed with these.

14. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For what it's worth, most damaged CTR's are the Red/Black colorway's we have that I've seen so far. I'm not sure if they changed the production process/tweaked a little with the colorways to follow, or just common luck that the Red/Black ones have issues. Are you going to send yours back? I'm just curious on the outcome of either the voucher or sending me the same colorway.

15. NIKE-PRO

NIKE-PRO Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    used 1 times

[​IMG]

used 2-3 times

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The soleplate in general(not the carbon fiber but stud config) is what keeps me from buying the CTR Elite's. Not a fan, and especially after seeing that.

17. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    im reallllllly confused as to what youre trying to show us

18. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Nope, I'm not sending em back, i don't think i kept the reciept and it's too much trouble in general since i already finished my season early because of Uni. So won't be needing anything from nike for another half a year atleast, even then i'll prob get a pair of Mizunos. 260Aus down the drain, staying clear of nike.

19. Bluemoon17

Bluemoon17 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I genuinely don't know why Nike started doing it. The first time they did it was the start of this year- when the Yellow/Black and White/Pink/Black Mercurials were released at the same time. Before that, both stores got all colourways.

20. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    The one reason why at most times I feel hesistant to buy Nike boots is because of the whole soleplate splitting from the upper itself. It happened to my very first pair of soccer boots, the 1st lasers(the 3rd/4th grade JR version) previously, after like a few months. That's from playing on natural grass.

I have a friend whose 2nd grade Lasers soleplate coming off after a few months as well.

Ironically, I own a pair of Nike Women's First 2 Pro(left) which is still good and lasting:

[​IMG]

Looks like it's something Nike have to work on.

21. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the jjb's around me are all rubbish, everytime i go in one there is barely any stock. They barely stock top end boots and most have the same colourways from the start of the year.

Although sports direct are yet to get the top end new ctr colourway they only have the trequestra and lower models

22. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I think Nike splitting the colourways could be down to dw sports fitness, it's a spin off of JJB , owned by Wigan owner dave whelan, he bought JJB's gyms off them and got the stores attached to the gyms aswell.

Maybe with 3 major sports stores Nike can't fully stock all 3?

23. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
  24. Bluemoon17

Bluemoon17 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nike have started limiting the amount of top-end boots JJB and Sports Direct receive. JJb haven't had any in a while, and Sports Direct have stopped getting them, and won't be getting them anymore. Bad news if you were waiting for a sale price on the new CTR's (like I was!).

25. Gerrard95

Gerrard95 New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I dont know if someone have post this before but I just noticed that on Pro-Direct Rugby are they selling the Nike Mercurial Vapor 6 with one of the new studs from Superfly II wich they dont are doin on Pro-Direct Soccer. Anyone that know why? :)