Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. falc39

falc39 New Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting... Does anyone know about the part that protects your ankle... is it hard or soft? Nice of nike to finally focus on this. I don't think I will switch though since I'm satisfied with s1 ankle protectors.

2. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    another day and another Nike pack. this time it is of the CAMO variety. I thought this was some sort of April fools day joke but looks legit and will be released April 7th on the Nike app.
    more ways from Nike to suk money out of consumers before they release the new superfly and next gen HV
    nike-camo-pack-2.jpg

jayc23 repped this.
  3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seriously this is getting stupid now - Nike players had only just started wearing the pack (cant remember what they are called exactly as they release so many!) with the grape Magistas & Minty colour HV. I'm sure they wore them for about 2 weeks and now the Radiant pack is out they are wearing that pack. We've also had the black and white leather pack.

Saying that though - I haven't seen any online stores stocking the pack with the mint HV or letting you pre-order the Radiant pack? I take it they aren't a special release?

Either way both Adidas & Nike should slow it down (I know they won't!) I'm probably showing my age but I remember a time when Nike would release 4 colours over a 2 year time period. Then they upped it to about 6 offering 2 colours at a time but when you did choose a colour you knew that it had a time span of 6 months, these days you are lucky if it had a time span of 6 weeks.

appleCORR

Oli Coultas repped this.
  4. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not to mention the new superfly coming out, which i"m sure will release in 6 different colors at launch. It's ridiculous.

jayc23, vanjory and appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    whos buying all these boots at 300$+ funny thing is if they werent releasing all these packs and just released 2 packs per year people would go nuts over them. those magistas and superfly looks sick!

6. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    lol sarcasm at its finest.

MeganB and appleCORR7 repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That the thing though everytime a new colour or pack comes out they are reduced quite quickly on sites like PDS - but they don't have many pairs left to reduce so either Nike aren't making so many pairs so there aren't so many boots to lose their £ on when a sale does happen.

appleCORR

8. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think so.

JEN14 repped this.
  9. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    That definitely wasn't sarcasm.

10. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Speaking of sale and discounts, the prices doesn't go down very quickly too hahah but yea when it does goes really low, it sells out really fast, esp the kids' vapors.

11. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Actually I think this is one of the best things as far as these frequent releases go. eBay is flooded with cheap boots, but sometimes it's the really ugly colors as the good ones are now made in limited numbers for whatever reason.

That is the thing that sort of bothers me. Why are the white/black and black/white boots almost always special edition limited release now? Should just be staples every time.

JEN14 repped this.
  12. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    There are a lot of cheap Nike boots on eBay at the moment!

13. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I've found the Nikes prices hold pretty strong here, I know PDS reduce the price but here in Ireland the Nike website is almost always a lot cheaper when they reduce price. The launch colourway Tiempo 6 SG is down to €124, same with the silver magista opus and the silver obra FG is €168. Saying that the majority of the Top End boots are still €200+

One thing that I find frustrating with the new colourways is that the older ones run out of stock pretty quickly so if you like a colourway you either need to get it at full price or check the usual sites everyday to see if theres a price drop.

vanjory repped this.
  14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    PDS do drop the prices like you've said they tend to go from full price to £180, £160, £140 and then if they really have stock left over £120. My friend managed to get a pair of the Wolf Grey HV Phamtoms for £120. And they stayed that price for quite a while. So if you hold your nerve you can get some good deals on there when new colours drop. Still can't believe Nike have released 3 packs at once though. That's a record even for them! Wonder how many colourways of say the SF Nike have released in this model if you add them all up?

I mean, including the CR7 colour thats 4 more they have squeezed out before the 2 comes out - crazy!

appleCORR

15. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    ive been buying boots off ebay since 2013 probably. its always 30% cheaper from day 1. it doesnt even make sense to go to a store anymmore. even when the stores have "discounts" its rarely ever ebay prices.

and this anticlog BS looks like they just rearranged the studs a bit and are charging an extra 30-50$ lol. pure gimmicks. the only worthile thing nike has done in the past years is first and foremost carbon fiber soleplates. i swear by vapor 4 SL soleplate. they need that EXACT soleplate on all nike boots.(theres a reason drogba wore it for years after vapor 4 SL wasnt on the market) and number 2 the introduction of flyknit as a base material- its lighter and it gives very well. other than that everything else theyve done is ridiculous and used to pull in extra money.

anti clog- are you kidding me? lol i seriously have to try this one to believe it. the studs are so long these days its never an issue unless youre playing on a horrible field after the rain. i live in FL so its always grassy and the fields are at worst decent. maybe for u people in the UK with rain all the time it might be an issue.

oh and another thing if you guys havent noticed nikes doing. theyre just putting the sock collar on everyhting and charging more money. seems like they borrow pretty much everything from the soccer department and apply it to all their other markets. all comes down to dividends and stock growth. thats what Mark Parker is about hes a business genius tbh.

16. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Agreed.

18. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Just one thing though when I saw the new Nike Tiempo (kids version)...

These
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of these:
    [​IMG]

TRIXTA805 and AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  19. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    pretty sure its a sponge that holds its shape. so not hard but some enough to protect. i havent seen them personally but i dont see any other way to make them. they actually look good in the vapor jersey promo with dempsey. wish they were around when i was really active in soccer wouldve saved me a lot of chipped ankles.

20. Gera

Gera Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Any one play with the obra tech craft and the reg ? Any difference in reply tempted to buy the withe and black ones.

jayc23 repped this.
  21. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Next to no difference in my opinion. In fact I prefer the standard ones.

22. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Had the opportunity to try out the new Nike Grip socks today. What a load of crap! Feet slid inside the boot all the time. They are just like those thin football socks most people hate because of slippage. And these are supposed to have grip? I've previously used Nike MatchFit Crew socks which are great. No slippage at all without promoting some useless so called grip technology. Time to stock up on the matchfit socks.

A bit off topic this but no-one talks on the apparel forum anymore so might as well discuss this here.

PDL24DCP repped this.
  23. PDL24DCP

PDL24DCP Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I went to Niketown to see for myself if the socks really had any grip and I agree, I didnt get to put them on, but to my fingers, I felt no grip whatsoever...very disappointing, I only hope the shin guard sleeve is as good as it looks or its off to storelli...

24. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Hey guys looking for a bit of advice. I'm currently strongly considering picking up a pair of Obras either in Metallic Pewter or Hyper Grape but I'm concerned about a few things. Has the durability improved and what is the fit? I'm roughly a 8.5-9 usually in Nike boots, was a 8.5 in the first gen Hypervenoms. Also wondering if i'm better getting the Opus instead. Love the look of the Obras and Opus but I play in pretty muddy conditions and don't want to be scrubbing the Dynamic fit collar all the time. Anyone have any experience?

I'd consider the Vapor X as well but not much point with the SF5 coming soon I don't think.

jayc23 repped this.
  25. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I did. Prefer the Tech craft one's tbh. they do feel pretty similar but there's abit more padding and the touch feels more natural than with the reg. You do get abit more grip on the regulars though.

Its essentially the same mainly because evern with leather boots there's a layer of foam (for lack of a better word) under the leather, with the Obra's, that foam is replaced by the flyknit.