Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    The new CR7 is out. Nike will milk it to the last drop and most likely will release few more colors before they drop the new superfly.
    Nike-Mercurial-Superfly-CR7 (5).jpg

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When is the actual release date for the new model? - I just think if it's soon I don't see why people would waste their money. Why not hang on and wait. Saying that no boot is ever 'current' for long before they bring out another colour way 2 weeks later so I guess it doesn't matter!!

appleCORR

3. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looks like the superfly V was inspired by
    [​IMG]

4. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Whilst I'm excited for the new Superfly's and all new soccer tech, a part of me just thinks "how much are they going to charge for this?"
    I don't mean for this to be a 'back in my day' whinge as I love the variety of colourways (love the choice, also means they go on sale quicker) but the price of boots these days, particularly top end is getting unreal.
    But I guess they charge it because the demand is there!

jayc23 repped this.
  5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

i love the variety of the colourways that are coming out thoigh tbf, because it usually means that if i can suck up my pride for a crappy colourway, i can get the boots for really discounted prices in 6 months or less LOL

newone88 repped this.
  6. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    I really hope that sfv is an improvement on iv. Ive still have nightmares about the sfi to sfii two changes, they were awful

Also the demo colourways look amazing and what are they giving us the euros? Awful stuff!

7. Ayresome

Ayresome Member

May 7, 2012
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Anyone know if the Anti-Clog "pack" will be released in FG, as well as SG, next month?

8. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Anti Clog is anything but a gimmick. The stud configuration itself is inspired by the Tiempo SG-Pro plate - indeed - but it's the way the plate itself is treated that does the trick. It's made with a special polymer that gets activated by water. Once water or moist hits the plate, it absorbs a few drops and then turn slightly slippery or lubricious if you will - meaning that water, dirt and other annoying stuff will slide right off. Saw a live demo in NYC by Max Blau and it actually works. For me, this has the potential to be a true game changer on the same level as Nike Zoom Air and the likes.

Just my two cents.

As far as I know we won't see an FG Anti Clog plate any time soon. I might be wrong though.

ghost_striker, jayc23, jessepv and 4 others repped this.
  9. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I understand the theory of it but I just can't see it working in practice, I would love it if it did work as I play mostly on SG but I think this will only really be effective on good quality pitches that pros use and not the 90% mud 10% grass pitches that I regularly play on. I can only wait until the reviews come out and people get to use them but I'm not convinced they will be any better or worse than whats available now. I hope i'm proven wrong though!

10. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Any word on price JayMike?

11. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It will be less effective on sand based and clay based mud definitely, but should still be an improvement.

12. ezekiel2517lim

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Remember when Umbro actually had Michelin boots?
    [​IMG]

13. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sadly not, no.

14. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why would it be less effective on sand? Sand itself is already massively lacking in cohesive properties.

I've seen something potentially similar demonstrated in construction, some sort of two part hydrophobic coating, and it can be extremely effective in helping all manner of surfaces shed a wide variety of substances. Not sure on the science of it, whether it's effectiveness will fade with time but you'd imagine it'll soon get scratched and worn away on parts of a football boot, especially the soleplate, and so you won't get the complete effect after some use.

15. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I don't know the science behind it but I play on sand based mud, and when it's borederline waterlogged it sticks badly to my boots, including the sides of the upper. Clay is the worst of all though.

16. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think I might pick a pair of these up depending on the price. I'm pretty constantly black and blue around the ankles and next to my shin guards, so hopefully they help out without being too bulky.
    [​IMG]

17. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Have you tried storelli? my son really likes them.

18. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nope but I'll probably try them too. My wife is mean and pokes my black and blue marks.

19. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nike AU bumping up the CR7 blue Vapor X's by $40 to $300.. Sneaky!

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Storelli's are terribly expensive though. if the nike one's cost half of the Storelli's i'm getting it.

newone88 repped this.
  21. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    got them on sale last time I ordred them and lasted the whole season with no rips. Got new ones at a discount since he is older now and hope they last the season.

22. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bastards...

23. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005

i remember when CL predator precisions were 150/160 USD(the white ones) i asked my dad for them and he said i was crazy. that was like 2002 i think? or something like that. and then vapors came and it was 175 and that was insane at the time. and then V4SL dropped and it was 300 and i thought theyd lost their minds(althought that extra 100 comapred to the regular version was 1000% worth it) . i understand what youre saying though. theyll keep pushing the price until stores stop ordering that model when people stop buying. for 300$ those SL lasted me about 4 years. i had to literally rip them apart to get a voucher from NIke they were indestructible. but these boots these days last 3 months and they cost 250$.

24. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    and that anti clog is complete BS. nikes just brainwashing their minions again. nonetheless these are the best looking vapors ive seen in years. and the studs are so long. i like them a lot.

25. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It's not 'complete BS', it's science.