Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I've had my Trequartistas for about 6 months now and they've held up great. Mine are Nike ID though, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

2. RoscoTayls

RoscoTayls Member

Sep 23, 2012
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Cheers for the reply. Have you used them on natural surfaces only? I'll be mixing them about 50/50 on grass and 3G artificial grass

3. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

just send them without it. Ive never put in a proof of purchase with my claims. They still will send you a voucher.

kll407 repped this.
  4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I've used them exclusively on 3G (I don't play on natural grass at all at the moment).

5. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    seriously? the one time i dont have extra cash a pair of berry iv's in my size go up for sale on ebay! ughhh!

6. soccercleats1234

Jan 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

i was the opposite of you and thought that the upper looked awful when i first saw it in the promo pictures but now that I've had my pair for a week, i've somewhat fallen in love with it. I picked up the black pack pair and i've worn them every day for at least an hour since i've gotten them (last wednesday), and i've loved every minute. the soleplate takes an hour or two to loosen up but after that its a dream.

7. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Did you like the vapor IV jorma?

8. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah I do like the IV's and i dislike III's, so generally that means everyone thinks im mental! I had a bad experience with the 3's, couldnt get a size to fit properly and maybe i wasnt patient enough with the Teijin but the IV's just always felt responsive and i liked the lace cover.

I love the original I and II's as well but sometimes i felt the heel was a touch low. Hence a lot of the pro boots from that era having a raised heeltab!

To be honest never really tried the V's, but disliked the VI just felt mis-shapen. Vapor VII was ok but nothing special, VIII was an improvement but i have quite wide feet and i found it even narrower than usual. IX is again a good boot but very slim in the midfoot. I also tried SF 1 and 2/3 but they were always too narrow and the originals were such an innovative boot but felt like one kick and i'd break something.

The HV almost feel as light as the SF and the structure is similar but they are so much more pliable and i feel a lot more comfortable and protected in them strangely enough

Footballer-7 repped this.
  9. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are correct, sir. Absolutely mental ;) Haha.

In regards to the HVs, I've the same issue with the heel feeling a little slippy - even when wearing my Trusox - but in game my foot doesn't seem to slide that much, fortunately. I just needed to get used to the feeling of not having the same secure lock from, say, the Nitrocharges og LZ IIs. Even if it stays on the foot without sliding, I'm not sure I like the feeling of not having too much support in the heel. Got no blisters though - but didn't in the Vapor either.
    The NikeSKIN is sensational IMO - the way it moulds to foot is amazing, and it really gives a nice, natural feel to the boot. It's unlike anything I've anything ever tried and the NikeSKIN has an interesting mix of being thin and flexible while still having some support thanks to the mesh webbing that creates some structure to the upper.
    The last is nice and wide, and the HVs fit really well. The soleplate is a little too stiff to my liking, and I don't think I've felt any impact from the split-toe to be honest. Studs seem nice and moves effortlessly through the ground when turning. The bladed stud under the toe is a nice touch and grips just slightly better when pushing off. It's not a game changer, but it gives me the feeling of having just that extra percent of acceleration. I quite like that.

The Superfly II's and III's are some of the worst boots I've ever worn. I don't think they ever got to fit my foot, the Teijin OLM 15 upper was thick, too smooth in the wet and one of the least flexible uppers I've ever tried. That, combined with the Flywire locking my foot awkwardly in place and heel being really stiff and NikeSENSE just clogging mud just makes a boot I really don't ever want to play with again. Oh, and it was £280...

10. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So true - but such is the advantage of hindsight!

People were so hyped up by the massive price point and slew of technology, I think people liked the idea of the Superfly more than they liked the boot itself.

And Jorma, I thought they were very different boots to be fair! The III's were more contoured and fitted (like the evoSPEED 1.2 is now), whereas the IV's were little wider and flatter, especially on the SL's.

11. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep you're right! That's probably why I liked them because I have a slightly wide and flattish foot not extremes just slightly. Always found the other vapors so narrow and I could feel my little toe over the edge of the plate.
    I've got high hopes for the HV and with the premier actually!

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interestnig. Yea the IV's were for me, clunky, not flexible enough, and tad' wider than my III's. Same type of material...but could never get over that my foot felt like it slid around a bit even though length wise it was perfect.

13. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    can anyone tell me what will clean the upper of the Vapor V. I just got a pair of the white/black/pink in and the white pearl seems to have a yellowish tint to it. Will a magic eraser help this?

14. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try a wet wipe & if that doesn't do it then try the magic eraser

15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lysol bathroom wipes work well.

16. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just another point on the HV. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the laces are a more tightly wound material at the front and then revert to more 'standard' laces for your to the them. Really clever by Nike for durability and a minor save on weight.
    I really like them but the skull and crossbones isn't my type of thing and the rear Swoosh being a slightly different colour to the front instep annoys me. So perfection I think would be to ID and make the rear skull and swoosh go completely. Just my 2p

17. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i'm sure acetone lightly rubbed on the skull and cross bones will get rid of it

frannie11 repped this.
  18. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure all the latest Adidas laces are done that way and I've got a pair of Asics like that as well. I really do like this style of lace, but I don't think it's a Nike thing and I don't think compressing the laces tighter does anything to save weight :)

19. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are sexy. Get me a pair!

20. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Is the lauch colorway of the HV some kind of limited edition? I see Sportsdirect/Soccerscene doesn't have all the sizes available anymore (fg model) and the release date was like 12 days ago. Ok there's many other shops that have them available but Soccerscene is the only one selling them at somewhat reasonable price. And it's no use asking their customer service because every time you ask about stock availability, they don't know anything about when they'll receive more stock. Professional service :D

21. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is true. F50 laces are like that. I'm a fan.

22. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Has anyone switched from mvix to hv? Would you hv is the better boot?

23. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    i orderd both to see which one i prefer and i send the other one back but they are not in stock yet @ unisportstore :thumbsdown:

24. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jorma, when are you going to post results of your comparison test between the Premier and the other classic leather boots?

25. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Actually, the Hypervenom's lacing system is tapered to give you a more locked-down-fit than on a regular boot, allowing the boot to hug your foot while also accenting the natural shape of your foot...very very clever, although the shortness of the laces may prove a problem for players with extremely wide feet