Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    It ripped not because of a tackle or anything like that but because of regular wear, kind of like the v1.06 k but a lot worse.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I need a more 'bendable' sole plate because if not, I get cramps easily in my arches/sole of my foot. It sucks, so Morelia has been heaven for me. Hell on the other hand was the Tunit's from back in the day...oh my lord... those things were not meant to flex at all. I hated those boots cause I couldn't play in them because of it!

3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    did you get a change like aching/cramping pain in your mid to heel of your foot? I got that on the f50.6 and never had it since

frannie11 repped this.
  4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think those were it, yea! The ones with the screw in studs.

Exactly! It was TERRIBLE!

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The trouble with the F50s were the insole was shocking - anyway, this is the Nike thread so lets get back to the swoosh!

appleCORR

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  6. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hi guys,
    Today I purchased a pair of Vapor 9s on sale at local sporting store ($215 after tax - cheap for Canada...). To my surprise, I actually fit in them (but just barely)! I always thought I had wide and flat feet, but it turns out that my feet aren't overly wide, just extremely flat (this is really encouraging for me as I have always been afraid to purchase boots in the past in case they were too narrow). I also tried on the Messi F50s (the first ones), but I felt like those had too much room in the forefoot/toebox (but they were perfect in the midf00t) so I picked these. However, ATM I am at a little bit of a dilemma. The boots fit pretty well on me (plus I've always wanted to own/wear a pair of Vapors). Despite my flat feet, the midfoot does not feel constricting, but the toebox does slightly (almost in a good way though). The thing I am worried about is that the boots kinda awkward on my feet because of how narrow they are and how flat my feet are (refer to pics). My original plan was to buy Hypervenom Phantoms, but my local soccer shop didn't have them in stock. From what I heard, the Phantoms are slightly wider compared to the Vapors (which would fit me better). Also, I like the conical stud pattern better (I play mainly on AG). However, the downside to the Phantoms is that I'd have to pay $60 more and wait a few weeks. What do you guys think? Should keep these or return them and use the money towards HVPs? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks guys! :) Also, how much will the Teijin microfiber stretch? I've been wearing them around the house and I feel like the forefoot and toebox has a little give. Thanks again!

IMG_20130713_023652.jpg IMG_20130713_023508.jpg IMG_20130713_023423.jpg

7. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Trying to decide if I should get a new pair of Maestri's (had to send my other pair back) or get the Premier. I can get them for the same price, I only have leather boots right now, so I will probably end up with a pair of Maestri's

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Allanbhoy, It's hard for us to advise you because you are the only person who knows how they truely fit. I'm sure the upper with give a bit, but not a lot like with any synthetic. The idea of the synthetic is to keep the boot snug on your foot. You can see how wide your feet are from how the laces look, but my LZ2 laces look like that and they are fine.

Basically I think its up to you, we know you've wanted vapors for a long time but you just need to be honest with yourself, either they fit you or they don't. But one thing i will say if there is a chance you need to take them back for an exchange or a refund, stop wearing them around the hour because they are just going to crease and the store won't take them back, then you won't have a choice in the matter you will be stuck with them.

appleCORR

AllanBhoy repped this.
  9. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Boy they don't half look uncomfortable. The shape/fit of that boot looks all wrong with your feet in them. I'd wait a few weeks and try the hypervenoms. I remember you saying how much you disliked blades and what is the rush for new boots? Did you not just get new Tiempo's?

AllanBhoy repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You other option could be getting size bigger and see how you get on with them. It's a hard choice because you either have to hang onto them and wear them for a few training session and risk them not stretching or just give up and taken them back and wait for the HV to come out.

appleCORR

AllanBhoy repped this.
  11. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    AllanBhoy, I could tell that your feet looks a bit uncomfortable .I myself used to have one pair of Mercurial Miracle II/Volt). Length wise, I feel fine and it actually fit into my fat and wide foot with that as my foot arch is normal. I do not get any blisters at all during my venture with the Mercurial but I feel my feet kind of cramping that I would like to really get rid of as soon as after the training. In the end I sold them away for cheap ass prices and I got my Asics DS LIGHT 5 WIDE. A heaven for a year compared to that Mercurial where I also slipped because I am not used to using the studs pattern. Like AppleCORR7 mentioned about the laces, I used to have one of two pairs of futsal shoes where I had that "not comfy" lacing and I did play but I always feel pain on the sides of my feet + bonus losing toe nails. Were I you, I would really to return the shoes or sell (if return is not possible) as soon as possible. Trust me, mercurial is not for wide and flat feet players at least not this edition (IX). I have learnt the hard way of dealing one of the widest mercurial line. For the money, I would simply have personalized another pair of legend 4 with wide feet option.

klh23, jayc23 and AllanBhoy repped this.
  12. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with all of the above we can't tell if they feel uncomfortable. Everyone has their own ideals on what is comfy I know guys who love crushing their toes, but in my opinion you're look very tight

AllanBhoy repped this.
  13. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I see you´re playing alot on AG, are these FG´s durable on AG ?

14. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    appleCORR7 they fit fine IMHO, just they look kinda weird. And I've worn them around the house for about 2 hours and there's already a crease :( Never thought about that :mad: But I'm think I can still return them if I want to because I tried them on in store for 1/2 hour (to see how they fit when my feet expand) and they creased in store (also, a buddy of mine works there).
    I tried them half a size up (7.5 US) and the width was perfect (even in the midfoot - comparable to the Messi F50 in size 7 US), but there was too much room in the toebox for my liking (especially for a "speed" boot).

rooster I do absolutely hate blades (bad experience with Maestri 2s on AG - this was before I knew anything about boots and just followed marketing). Despite my hatred for blades, I make an exception for Vapors. I've actually always wanted a pair (starting from the 7s), but for various reasons I've never bought a pair until now. For some reason, the marketting (especially with :inlove:CR7:inlove:) for Vapors always gets to me , even though none of the other silo marketing appeals to me (I guess Vapors are just beautiful boots). I actually recently got Legends, Estrela Neos, and Lasers (for SG)... LOL. But being a boot geek, I'd like to buy one more pair of outdoor boots before the Canadian outdoor season ends.

Linguistics Thanks for the advice! I feel like there's a lot of pressure on my big toe (but not in a bad way TBH). I already have a pair of Legends (regular), which fit perfect (and no Nike ID in Canada).

Jorma Thanks for your input!

loecloec I play the majority of my games on AG. I've used Maestri 2s (NOT recommended), LZ1s, and Legends the most on AG and I've not had any durability issues. Safety issues on the other hand... the Maestri 2s were brutal on my ankles.

But I think I'm gonna keep them until the HVPs comes out (60 day return policy for the Vapors) and try them. I can always return the Vapors later if I like the HVPs more. Thanks for everyone's input! :D

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aren't the HVP meant to fit the same as vapors?

It's upto you if you keep them or not, like i've already said its just a pity you can't play in them because you are in 2 minds about keeping them. That would certainly be the deciding factor.

As for the blades on turf? They aren't the best to be honest - you might also want to get some better insoles, but saying that if they already feel tight you might need the thinner insoles or no insoles at all for a better fit (wouldn't recommend the last option!)

appleCORR

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If I was you, I would go for a pair of leather boots, they look really awkward on your foot

frannie11 repped this.
  17. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    appleCORR7 from what people say, they fit slightly wider. On the Shoefitr program, it shows the HVPs being wider than the Vapors in the midfoot and forefoot, but ever so slightly narrower in the heel (which might be a bigger problems seeing as the heel collar in my Vapor pics seem to be over-expanded). As for insoles, I think I'll just keep the original if I choose to keep the shoes (it seems like it will get compressed after some wear).

David89 Yeah, the MiJ Morelia TMs were on my list. But I'll see how the HVPs fit first.

18. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the Gold Cup, Belize must have gotten a Groupon for CR7 Vapors or something.

Shinobu repped this.
  19. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

As you play most of the time on Turf... My suggestion would be to try the Phantom Venom in Canada and try to get it from Japan Market. They have super ligera's sole plate which is a trusted studs for use in Turf and I believe they have wider last soleplate compared to the original one. :) I know the price will matter, but one of my friend said to me when we talk about exchange rate "You have already wanted to buy 200$ boots/Morelia II TM, why bother the 0.3 exchange rate".

After twisting my ankle twice wearing FG shoes last year, I am now to HG shoes only even for grass soil field (But no adidas triangular HG, too long in my opinion) whether use or recommend to someone else.

jayc23 and AllanBhoy repped this.
  20. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    I have a pair of vapor id's with the thicker comfort insoles and they fit me perfect. Just recently I bought a regular pair of vapors and they fit me just a bit too tight for my liking. I put in my id insoles and for some reason they fit me better with the thicker insoles.

21. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

Hi apple,

Do you know anyone who plays without insoles? and is it possible? :confused:
    Actually, when I wanted to buy Asics Insole here in Taiwan, I was told by a shop keeper whose husband is a semi pro football player playing without insoles to get correct fit and she can just give me the insoles if I want. That question remains in my mind as I did not get the insole. lol.

22. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Torn between hvp and mvix. Both are going for decent prices but in the uk we wont be able to use sg pro until october looking at the weather and the ground at the moment. So i will get an fg boot and maybe a sg boot later. I know the mvix have two rear blades, do they put more presure on your heel than usual?

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have never done it personally because I think you need the insoles for grip and protection against blisters that you might get from the bare sole of the shoe. I can't name you a famous player, (others might be able too!) but i know a few people on the board have played without the insoles, especially with vapors. I think if you did do it you'd need to double sock because i don't think it would be any good for your feet.

You always get a better insole with NikeID and Miadidas - the one i got with my miadidas boots are much better than the standard ones.

appleCORR

24. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never noticed any additional pressure from them

25. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008