Nike Thread [17] - All Nike, pictures, info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how the Total 90 Shoot turfs fit?

2. yunz

yunz New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Definitely bring up some great points. Now that i'm 23, and have been playing soccer for 10+ years, I personally feel that in the 90's (I can only relate to this era because this is when I started playing), leather was the preferred choice (quality). But in the mid 2000's there has been a strong shift from leather to synthetic with the focus of boots being lighter weight with more "technology" rather than the overall boot quality.

(the quality I speak of is the overall build quality and cost of material).

I am not saying that quality isn't there, but the focus has shifted from making quality boots to a more technological advance boot. Companies want to differentiate that their boot is "technologically better" and the general public would rationalize these boots "superior," because of these "technological advancements." (sprint frame, teijin synthetic, hallow studs, triangle studs, etc).

It seems that companies are trying to find cheaper alternatives to k-leather and market it by saying that the new synthetic materials that they are putting on these boots will ultimately do what K-Leather will do but without the weight that leather boots bring.

Any true football player will know that it's more about the player than the actual feet themselves.

3. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

THESE.

I prefer leather, but have grown up in Tasmania where our winter's can be very similar to the UK's. conbine that with my ABSOLUTE(!) pet hate for cold feet, synthetics are often my boot of choice in the wet.
    However!

Like GR1 stated, it's a great time to be a boot fan, but for me it's just as long as the copa, Morelia and pantafola's are still around as an alternative to the 'big three's' synthetics. Other than that, I'll happily show up some adizero or vapor wannabe Neymar fan boy on the field in my boots which might not have all this technology, or be the latest on CR7's feet, but fit me the best and are comfortable!
    Love the debates and info btw! Best reads!

4. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    your opinion is subjective as well pall, no matter how many boots you have apparently tested

kick96 repped this.
  5. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    this man has a very good point, you named 2 boots which for you were durable, but look on not just this website but many more and soon jon you will realise those boots are not durable at all. Everyone on this forum seems to be nice and actually take in others points of views, but for some reason you seem to wade in arrogance and finish it off with a dash of hypocrisy. Please, for the sake of everyone on these forums, take on board what others have to say and stop being a twat in general.

6. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if this upcoming Phantom Venom will be a limited edition or Neymar Exclusive, similar to what Nike did with Ronaldinho R10 Dois?

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  7. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't think it's set in stone yet. Nike could release a limited edition in Summer, with a follow-up for the new season - I mean, the GS has been such a hit, why wouldn't they try and replicate it?

The release won't be until July (?) at my best guess - Mercurial in January, Tiempo in April and Venom for Summer.

Brazil will be hosting the Confed Cup in Nike kits, with Neymar the perfect foil for a new release - we'll have concrete details by Feb/March, I bet.

8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Will be released 1 month befor the Confederations Cup 2013...

9. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Give me concial studs and leather any day.

Kalouda, b0sk1, Footballer-7 and 2 others repped this.
  10. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Anybody know if I can get the Legend IV black/white/red colorway cheaper than on sportsdirect.com?

12. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Just got my vapor 8 teal color way about 3 days ago, can already tell I will be returning them in about a month because of lack of durability

David89 repped this.
  13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Just slightly curious (sorry to bring this back again), may I just ask why Hybridtouch is top in the list? Cause wouldn't the touch that Hybridtouch provides doesn't really count since the Control Zone negates its original feel as compared to the Kanga-Lite 2.0 on the CTR Maestri 3's now that there's no control pads.

Just curious to know.

14. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    All for you :) Nike MV9 CR7
    *I'll post the full-pic showing how the Phantom Venom look like soon, be waiting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mercurial4991 and JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  15. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm willing to see where people say these boots are not durable. Hit me with it.

The people I 'picked an argument' with are arguably two of the most egotistical, judgemental people on the forum. Sometimes it's best just to have your own opinion and stick to it. That's what Dr. Boots does. He has an opinion, and writes a miniature thesis on it.

I was just getting tired of people shouting from the rooftops that 'FOOTBALL BOOTS ARE GETTING WORSE AND WORSE IN QUALITY' when it's absolutely not true IN MY OPINION. As I've already said - opinions are SUBJECTIVE. I'm not going to just roll over and say 'Oh yeah sure, you're absolutely right!'. I'm not the type of person just to accept everybody's opinion, if I disagree with something I'll say so.

That's what a forum is for. That's why I continue to return to BigSoccer, because it's full of people expressing their opinions, and full of people that will have a bloody good debate about it. Just a shame when somebody lowers the tone by including abuse - such as yourself.

Like I've just said, this is a forum. If you can't get involved in the debate, please feel free to block me.. Then you won't see me 'wade in arrogance and finish it off with a dash of hypocrisy'. That bit did make me laugh though which is why I replied to you!

Anyway, I'd like to see some evidence of where people say the durability for the Adidas Predator LZ and the Adidas F50 miCoach Synthetics are not durable.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  16. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hybridtouch is actually a fantastic synthetic. Fits wonderfully, is really soft and appears to be VERY durable. I'm trying to imagine an AdiZero, with no control zones on it, and a hybridtouch upper and the thought makes me very excited.

17. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The last bit is absolutely true - I don't think any member who posts on this bit believes otherwise.

In my eyes, there was never a better day when I first received the Adidas F50 AdiZero first generation football boots.. That day revolutionised my take on football boots. Before that, I'd never been a big advocate for speed boots.. I hated past Vapors, and could only wear the Vapor IIIs... But now I think it's fantastic that boots are so light. Absolutely phenomenal. It's a technical achievement.

IN MY OPINION that day brought about a new era of football boots. Take a look at football boots and how many 'lasted' and were 'solid' then. Pretty much all. Now it's performance - but that doesn't mean the quality is lower. Quality to me suggests how good the product is in use. Other people often interpret quality as how long something lasts - which is why I think we have such large disagreements on here.

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wait....so if quality is how good a product is when in use....how is that a qualification?

What does that even mean? Are you saying that a boot can make me a better player if I played with a more 'high tech' boot than a copa? I can shoot better...possibly? Or run that much more faster with 5-6 ounces shaved off?

While I won't lie, I think speed boots were neat in the beginning, but after cutting my toes at the top and just having to do things just to put up with a cool color on my feet... I realized comfort is #1. I found the trade off with my Mizuno UL's which were like second skin, but lighter than my older vapor III's. Anything lighter than that IMO, just doesnt make much of a difference.

Durability, after mainly only using 'traditional' boots is also a big thing for me. My UL's have lasted about 2and a half years, and still look, feel, and work great!

gwood88 repped this.
  19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, you conveniently missed out my first bit which proves I don't believe that... I believe quality signifies fit, performance.. A quality boot to me is one I perform well in. Some just don't 'feel' right to me.

Durability means very little to me - it doesn't to the people who buy one pair of boots a season either. My mates don't give a toss quite frankly, they continue to wear boots they like even with missing studs and tears.. They're amazed when I get refunded for 'nothing'.

20. ArsenalCesc4

ArsenalCesc4 Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hello! Is there any release date of the Nike Lunar Gato II?? Thanks!!

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fit - as in how the boot fits your foot? I can understand this. That is why I left after my Vapor IV's from the blisters and cuts above my toes if I didn't tape them. Wearing leather for me, and many players often have a great 'fit' and comfort because of how it can change to fit your foot. Synthetics are trying to copy leather...but as stated before, with how soft these boots are getting, you get a material that will rip easier, unlike leather.

Performance -How do you rate this? Do you shoot better with one boot compared to another? Do you feel you shoot harder with synthetics than leather? Trap better? Run faster? Please explain this one... because I don't think boots really change ohw a player plays... don't forget Pele grew up playing with no shoes...

b0sk1 and ejgrownarseman repped this.
  22. SuMing

SuMing Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What makes a boot better is its comfort and while the technology is cool and can contribute to your game, it is a marketing feature. For instance someone said previously that 5-6 ounces will make you run faster/slower, if someone feels more comfortable in them (whether that is a placebo or not) the product works for them. Also some materials are softer and in certain conditions will work better than others.

And although I wear leather over synthetic, synthetic boots are more durable. I disagree when people say the quality of boots are going down, but I do think that the selection of boots are going down. The trend to speed boots won't stop anytime soon.

23. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

You have some good points Jon, and I accept and see where your opinions are coming from, but this is a bit that I think JC & others like myself, will pick up on- that compared to a few years ago, boots weren't ripping and tearing at the alarming rate they are now, it just wasn't normal for it to happen, and if it did the quality of the boots build was bought into question. These days, the market accepts that a boot (especially made by the 'big three') will fall apart easily, yet continue to shell out often hundreds of dollars (like you said, often per season) for a boot that lacks this durability and quality. While I too, respect the lightweight advancements that have been made, i agree with Boliv- there comes a time when you need to find a trade off.

This isn't me having a dig! I'm just expressing my views.

red & wite army, b0sk1 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  24. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my experience, it started with the Vapor III. A lot of my team mates got them and they were just ripping left and right. It was actually shocking because you just didn't see that back then, or even hear of it. It was just absolutely unheard of. The thought of a boot failing in any way after a couple months' use was just something no one had previously thought of.

25. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand