Nike Thread [17] - All Nike, pictures, info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh to clarify those^ are the new Tiempo Legend V !
    Another pic to make up for my carelessness.
    [​IMG]

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  2. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or if they made baseball versions of the R10 Dois...

3. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Nike World Headquarters
    One Bowerman Drive
    Beaverton, OR 97005

Is this the address to return broken nike boots in the USA? Thanks again guys, just really dont want to send them to the wrong address lmao

4. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agility boots.........YES!!!!!!!

Finally a boot that when i score a goal i can now fulfil my dream of being able to do a series of front and back flips to celebrate just like Nani.

Might need to take a few minutes to change from my power boot Lazers from my 30 yard curling drive from which i scored the goal. from which i changed from my Vapors after Usain Bolting past some poor ass defender who was (LOL) only wearing heritage boots. But i myself was using heritage boots to Cryuff turn his team mate in the first place.

5. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thos
    Those poor heritage players, they're a dying breed, lol.
    Leather & comfort all the way.

gwood88 repped this.
  6. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
  7. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    the Nike ticks look stupid...the ones on the heel are backwards and the ones on the toes make it look like you've got your boots on the wrong feet!

Clash10, David89 and Ryan James repped this.
  8. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think the swooshes being like that makes them look sleek

9. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I am gonna get me a pair.

10. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly wish someone would interview these designers and ask them "WTF were you thinking?"

11. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So it could still be three studs in the back, right? Because the only pic of the high-end boot we have seen is SG-Pro. Would make a lot more sense than having a normal-looking conical stud soleplate and mark it as an agility boot.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The F**k is going on in the boot world?

Footballer-7, Dr. Boots and b0sk1 repped this.
  13. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The big companies are catering more and more to the average 14 year old consumer who buys a new pair of boots every season, doesn't give a damn about caring for them, and buys into any marketing ploy thrown in their face; while leaving the leather loving, heavy boot wearing, long time customers out to dry.
    Lets look at some history.

F50: Leather now, microfibre next gen
    adiPure: K-leather then, Taurus now, what next?
    Predator: K-leather t0 Taurus to microfibre
    Nitrocharge: Microfibre
    All Nike save Tiempo: Kangalite microfibre

See the trend? The almighty dollar has spoken.
    Edit: Check out dem trips ----->

14. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is a tad harsh...

15. Michaelich

Michaelich New Member

May 11, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    will the next tiempo still be k-leather?

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    With the agility boots I like the way they have the backwards tick going over the heel area as part of the pattern but that's about it. Also don't see the poit of those 3 tiny spikes at the from of the boot, surely they will just wear down before they do anything practical?

appleCORR

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No it is not, the address is listed on the page where you file the voucher. It is in Tennessee, I believe...at least for me b/c I am East Coast.

File the voucher, and follow the instructions they provide. Instructions provide answers.

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, it is direct and honest. The practice of direct honesty is often called "harsh" when it reality it is calling a spade, a spade. The world would be better served if more people were "harsh" in this way. There would be less a of lemming mentality, but critical thinking is at a global deficit.

Those sure look like a butter soft k-leather to me, but mysteriously the inside of the boot isn't shown and the entire lateral side of the shoe looks like leather. You know Nike is going to sneak in at least an equivalent of 1/3 of the boot being something "green" - aka stupid - or "light" - aka synthetic/Kanga-lite - so I am guessing the that white section is where that will take place.

I think the "clash" style color way here sucks due to color placement as oppose to the Euro Clash Legend which for me was the best looking boot of the year - especially when I saw it up close - but, this poor visual placement of clashing color is nothing a NikeID can't fix with a whiteout or blackout.

FootySpy repped this.
  19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What I think we are seeing is the proverbial "tipping point" where things make a permanent and irreversible change. Sadly the "tipping point" is in the wrong direction and I fear the boot market is going to get worse and worse as time goes on to the point that it implodes on itself.

I also fear that the trickle down effect of everyone else trying to be Nike - or seem more cutting edge or green (in Puma's case) - is going to destroy our alternatives to Nike. adidas has already swallowed the pill by producing very Nike boots in their current incarnations; Puma's nitwit CEO has gone full hipster; Diadora lost their place when Nike threw a ton of money at football and Diadora moved away from making good products to making very bad Nike rip-offs and now just weird and ugly boots; Lotto took the Diadora route...and it goes on and on.

I fear that in a few years anyone that wants a good leather boot that isn't built to be replaced in 9 months via a new "greatest product ever' or from just falling apart with average use - which ever comes first; most likely the falling apart - will have to buy something from Japan, because you know the Japanese market will not stand for the same crap the rest of the world does. Or they will have to get something from Cryuff, Akuna, Ryal or Pantofola, which are all made in Italy.

b0sk1 repped this.
  20. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You know, I may just do that. While these boots can get fairly pricey, there is always a good deal around. Furthermore, adidas and Nike are hiking up the prices on their boots, the likes of which we have never seen before. $220 as a starting retail value for the average adidas boot, and $260 for a Vapor because its CR7 designed. Are you kidding me! But Ryal La Storias for $150? I think so!

Dr. Boots repped this.
  21. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    Nike probably knows exactly what they are doing. The "hipster throwback" boots will be ready to return once the backlash comes.

22. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm not gonna lie, I used to be the exact vapor 'fanboy' and still do buy the odd vapor a season and have just bought the new Ronaldo Vapors, albeit to collect, but am now an avid mizuno fan. Comfort, timeless style of simple two tone (bar the neo which is still better colours than some adizero's nike's and pumas) colours and respectable prices win me over.

23. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All very good points. At least when it comes to selling out, Lotto went full tilt and got their products into Target. If you're gonna do it, might as well do it big. The Lotto of yesteryear is long gone, but Diadora can still make a come back. I hope they do. I can't see Asics and Mizuno selling out. That would actually cause them to lose their luster. Mizuno just needs to get into the US market. As long as Copas, Asics, and Mizuno stick around, I think I'll be fine.

Oh, and what about Kelme? I think they mostly do futsal shoes now, but the Master was a GREAT line. There seems to be a huge gap forming in the market, but we just have to see who jumps in and fills it.

24. Nicholas Constantino

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Question here- I just bought the '98 Ronaldo Vapors, (black ones, not blue/yellow) I got them brand new for $250, now, im dying to wear them, but if theyre kept new it might be better to keep them new, what do you guys suggest? Should I wear them as they arent that rare? Or should I keep them mint as long as I can? any advice would help!

25. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to keep them mint, do it because YOU want to keep them mint. I could be wrong here, but I don't think they'll be increasing in value much more than they're currently worth. Maybe a tiny bit. So don't think of it as an investment. That's just my opinion, but I am of the opinion that boots are meant to be worn.