Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, tbh my 9's are comfy, but if i over tighten them by a bit then they ache my foot after a while. The flywire in the leather really hugs your foot in them

2. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh right, I have a wide-ish foot, wore size 9 in the latest vapors and they weren't a bad fit, excited to have a k leather boot again.

3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just in case anyone is interested.. Went into Sports Direct today and double checked the release date of the CTR360s - it's the 2nd August. They will be in stores from Thursday.

4. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    I have a pair of Superfly II windchill/white with a cracked carbon fiber sole. The date on the inner label says 09/21/10. Can I ship them back to Nike and get a voucher or a sub?

5. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think so

6. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    yeah, i'm aware of that. i think what's holding me back most is price. not sure if i can pull the trigger on a $300 or so pair of boots. i'm hoping i stumble across a pair in a nike store, otherwise i'll probably give the maestri III's a shot.

7. Jescobar

Jescobar Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hmm not sure if I should get an id pair of vapor xiii or the new ctr iii's. Haven't used vapors since the ivs, do you guys feel that theyve gotten better over the years? I'm a huge fan of the ctr1/2's and love em and I'm sure the 3,s will be similar, but i still get that feeling to try out some vapors now and then

8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, thats the problem with them shame really as they are a nice boot in elite just the price. Dont looked for a pair on ebay?

9. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    good luck on them vapor 13!!

Jescobar, p-nutz and frannie11 repped this.
  10. alexburchiESPNtv

alexburchiESPNtv New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Rapid Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Omg, that boots are so amazing..but i prefer Nike Mercurial Vapor SL Cleats

11. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just received my CTR IIIs. First impressions are as follows:

They feel a lot lighter than the CTR IIs.
    The upper feels soft like the Vapor VIIIs.
    The ACC indicator is strange, just had a little run around in back garden and it's turned blue cos of the rain. Looks like somebody has scribbled pen on it.
    The upper doesn't feel 'sandpapery' like VujoJosh says, it just feels like KangaLite.
    They fit identical to past CTRs.
    The black/red colourway is more of an orange in all honesty.

12. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    i thought they didnt come out til august 2nd?

13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They got despatched last night and delivered today. Got them a day early, which tends to be the trend when ordering online.

14. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    cool cuz i pre-ordered the trequartistas

15. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    i've looked on ebay. most times, it's just not that much a different between online retailers, or they don't have the 9.5us that i'd need, given the 1/2 size increase. sucks wearing one of the most common sizes.

JonIsAnOwl: were you disappointed in the color being more of an orange than red? they don't seem a shade that is too drastically different from your pictures and the nike glam shots.

16. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    no no not at all. My team plays in Orange so im thrilled. Its honestly a mix of red and orange. Pretty bright in person. They're decent boots.

17. Jescobar

Jescobar Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Lmao! Honest mistake, no more roman numerals for me from now on.

18. WinningEleven

WinningEleven Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nobs, what are the name of the trainers Michael Phelps was wearing during the medal ceremony when he got a silver medal? The one where he lost out to the South African. Breast stroke I reckon.

They were yellow and Nike.

19. dermolo

dermolo New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle
    They're the Nike Flyknit Trainer; Nike is really trying to push their new material into the limelight, as they're outfitting all their medaling athletes in them for the ceremony.
    You can see them here: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-582117/pgid-582109

WinningEleven repped this.
  20. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ I was seriously considering those, but ended up going with the lunarglide +4.

21. yarn

yarn New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any comparisons between the CTR III and the LZ, as people start receiving their CTRs...?

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    not been a fan of the CTR III 's I'm afraid. Find that pass-pad abit redundant and does provide abit too much friction when controlling, does take abit of getting used to. Going to stick back to my trusty Morelia II's

The soleplate (FG) is excellent though. You can really feel it gripping and when you're turning. My slight concern was that it might be too grippy for Turf surfaces though.

23. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CTRs are a better boot, no question.

I went and picked up a firm ground pair today and agree with jayc, it's a good soleplate, one of the better ones I've tried.

I actually really like the pass pad thing, it's a bit useless really but it adds some grip in wet conditions. May I add, the ACC thing is pretty decent, interested to see how it's applied to the Legends.

24. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How do Nike Tiempo Premier's stack up to Copa's? I'm keen to try a true heritage boot and looking at these two for my upcoming pre season.