Nike Boot and Equipment Thread [3]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soorbob, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRIXTA805

TRIXTA805 Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A guy on SP said those aren't Laser III's, but that they were actually a new 10R prototype. You can clearly see they look more like Dois than Lasers, he wasn't sure if they were gonna be released though since they are still testing it.

2. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    omg those are disgusting.... it looks like a big black condom

3. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    btw are those leather MVIV really available for purchase in NikeTown London????
    how much? can someone buy them for me and ship it?

4. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah I think you can buy them now and they are £170/£190 not sure which.

5. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was just in London and saw them. I believe they are £190. They are way softer and nicer than the regular vapor IV, but at 300 US dollars that's pretty steep. Plus they won't ship to US and it takes about a month to get them. The white one is abolutely buttery smooth though.

6. 90laser77

90laser77 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    aiight, so does anyone know anything at all about the next generation of the total 90?

7. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've read somewhere that Nike want's to continue the generation of T90's that were made before Laser's came, and start something new without the "thing" on it if you understand! Sorry about my expressions in english :S But the rubber-thing that makes you shoot "better"...haha :p Like a new version of the T90 IV or something :) But no links, sorry :/ Ill try to find it and post it later

8. CJ-Boy

CJ-Boy Member

May 29, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's the shotshield you're talking about.

9. MBvdv

MBvdv Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Enschede
    Look what i've found

probably the best pics of the Vapor 5's we've seen yet..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bigger size..
    http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vapor52rw3.png
    http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vapor5wm9.png

some guy is offering them on Marktplaats.nl , its kinda the same as ebay... but it is a dutch website..

EDIT : http://sport.marktplaats.nl/voetbal...ta_ind=8&fs=1&thumb_click=1&scroll_to_image=1

Thats the link to the advertisement , for the people who doesnt speak dutch. i translate the text in the advertisement
    - Hello,

I'm offering brandnew, Unreleased Nike Mercurial Vapor 5. I won the boots in a contest, they are size 8.5

Enjoy,

MBvdv

10. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Shit, they are actually really nice. Great finds mate!

EDIT: But do you have links to the actual pics though?

EDIT2: Just go on marktplaats.nl and type nike mercurial ans they are like 3 results down. They look very much like leather to me. And absolutley beautiful

11. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone know if the black/yellowish vapor 5 is going to release on opening day? My first high school game is April 13, and I hope to be wearing them instead of the red/silver or blue/white/red. Also, I heard something about nike changing the SG cleat style?

12. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    ok so used my laser iifor the first time today and gotta say loved them normally a vapor guy but these are alot better way cleaner strike and cant even notice the weight difference really just wish they had the same stud set up....also used my vapor iv and some one ripped my lacecover can i send them back to nike ive only used about 5 or 6 times

13. CJ-Boy

CJ-Boy Member

May 29, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I think you can, but it'll be a long wait.

14. redred8

redred8 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i was thinkin it shud be nike total 90 "ultimatum", cuz of the "bourne series",
    ther was "the bourne supremacy", i think nike shud just do the same :p

T90 Ultimatum sounds pretty sick IMO

15. TRIXTA805

TRIXTA805 Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. 90laser77

90laser77 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    ultimatum doesnt make sense...unless nike says the ultimatum is either the boot sells and the 90line continues, or it doesn't sell and they scratch the 90 line lol

regardless of the definition, it does sound good :)

17. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since the laser 1 isn't as good as the laser 2, i think it should be the Nike Cannon to show the regression. I think we'd all agree we'd rather have a laser than a cannon

18. 90laser77

90laser77 Member

Jun 19, 2008
  19. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I bought a pair of Flywire track shoes a couple weeks ago. I have to say, I was extremely impressed. They're scary light, but yet they seem super sturdy. The V's may look like shite, but I'm sure they'll feel great.

Also: The new Nike indoors (T-5 CT and T-5 FS) are up on NikeID. Whenever I click on them though it says "Product Unavailable". Arrgh!

20. jeremy2912

jeremy2912 Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Brussels
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    hi, I found a pair of nike air zoom t90 supremacy.
    but I don't know what size I should take.
    I have a 11 in MV 3 and 10,5 in MV 4.
    thanks

21. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    c-dub, they get released 8/1/09

22. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I went back to the catalog pictures i had seen and saw that. It's too bad, i think the opening release colors aren't very good

23. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If they released the best colors right off the bat, no one would buy the other colors.

Look at the laser II, they just released/will be releasing the best colorways imo (the white w/ blue or the all black w/ white swoosh) while the hideous gold lasers or dark army/volt lasers were some of the first released, iirc.

Sorry if anyone wears either of those two colorways, but they just aren't for me.

24. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah i understand that releasing the good colors first isn't a good idea, but I'm still pondering how a red-orange/silver/and navy blue boots get approved by the "color choice committee of nike." I thought the first colors of the MVIV were pretty good, imo the orange peel was the best colorway of the IV. I guess i was just hoping for better than what i've seen.

25. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    I'm not sure why Nike can't just release their best colors first, and keep them in mass release instead of discontinuing a colorway everytime a new one is released. It seems they would make the most money if they constantly sell the most popular colorway. But there's probably some complicated answer the marketing team will give and makes sense.