Niclas Jensen To Fulham

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Jul 15, 2005.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB has confirmed this to be true. Jensen must only pass the medical and agree to his player contract to complete the deal.

Jensen really thought he should have played, moving Dede, one of the best backs in the Bundesliga and possibly in Europe, to a midfield position that he's unhappy playing.

I don't think so Niclas!

Thanks for your service and enjoy London!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jensen set for Fulham move
    by Kent Hedlundh - created on 15 Jul 2005

Fulham are homing in on the signing of Borussia Dortmund full back Niclas Jensen.

The Denmark international has revealed he is heading to Craven Cottage to discuss personal terms with Fulham.

Jensen is looking to quit Dortmund after frequently stating his unhappiness in Germany for several months due to his lack of regular opportunities.

The former Manchester City defender had been linked with a return to Denmark with FC Copenhagen but is now poised to head back to The Premiership.

Jensen claims Fulham have agreed a fee with Dortmund and he is now due to thrash out a contract with The Cottagers.

The 30-year-old feels the deal is almost complete and believes he only needs to prove his fitness before clinching a switch to London.

"In fact, the clubs have reached an agreement and I am going to London on Friday to negotiate some personal details," Jensen told TV2 Sport.

"Actually, all that is missing is a medical."

Jensen spent 18 months with City before joining Dortmund two years ago and his arrival at Fulham will end Chris Coleman's search for a new left back.

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I like Jensen, but Dede is a class above.

I really think Dede is better than Gilberto and should have been on Brazilian NT on Confed Cup. But his attitude toward Brazil NT is not that exemplary, I can understand why they didn't allow them.

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Transfer seems to be 750.000 Euro.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Question.

What do you mean by his attitude toward the Brazil NT isn't exemplary?

Do you mean because he doesn't beg to be called up like some of the other Brazilian players??

Seriously, this isn't a "challenge", I'd like to know what you meant by that. I'm confused.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just enough to cover the payment to e-on if we don't make the UEFA Cup.......

Do you know if they are even thinking of getting a replacement?? :confused:

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Our squad is really small. Small in terms of Bundesliga-experienced players. Zorc said something like "if we make UEFA Cup cup, we can think about 1 or 2 small-money signings". Maybe even Amedick will join us. Though I don't have a clue how good he really is. We will see when Braunschweig plays us. I will have an eye on him.

Btw, we don't have to pay back any money to E.ON if we fail to qualify. It is just that we included this money (700.000) in our budget. We only get it if we finally qualify.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    From what I heard, he was a bit pissed that he wasn't in the lineup one time (don't remember when last year perhaps *shrug*?). I would think that him trying to join the German NT in 2002 would be a source of the reason why Dede might not think to well of Brazil NT coach.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dede didn't "try" to join the German team. The press started the "Dede for Germany" kick. All Dede ever said was that he would play for Germany if given the opportunity. He didn't "try" anything.

Dede isn't getting an opportunity because his game isn't flashy and BVB isn't winning.

It's the Brazilian team who doesn't know what they're missing.......