Nickname

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by abilenecosmos, Nov 22, 2004.

1. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Unga bunga...ummmm...Dallas....Dallas hot in summer....hot= don't wear dark jerseys...Unga bunga...Visiting teams should wear dark uniforms....unga bunga...Dallas wear hoops with white shorts...unga bunga...me smart :D

If a neanderthal like me can figure this out, then I pray to god that Dallas HQ is pressing hard to MLS HQ to let them wear hoops with white shorts ALL THE TIME...that way, there is no conflict when Dallas plays ANYTIME, and we get away from this away whites bu!!sh!te.

Its called establishing your marketing brand...(that's why there should be NO AWAY kit...just a FIRST and a CHANGE uniform)...but of course that's too smart for MLS bigwigs to figure out on their own.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The problem is red and white hoops w/white shorts would only have a conflict with Chivas who use red and white verticles stripes. Chicago could be a conflict as well(red tops).

MLS has said there is a color conflict with the tv which I want to call their bluff. Having watched Euro 04 and saw Portugal(marronish w/green shorts against Greece who were in all blue. The color on the tv was a bit messed up, but you could still tell which team was which.

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ONLY when we go play at their place. 3 games a season. 10% of the time.

That's why we have an away uniform and so do they.

And this just in: Someone tell MLSHQ that several teams in the NFL have 3rd jerseys so its okay now if MLS teams do it too. :D

4. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But MLS SHOULD follow the other soccer clubs from all around the world and NOT the NFL.

The NFL gets it's uniform ideas from the CFL. And trust me, you do not want any MLS club to look like the Cincinnati Bengals, the Buffalo Bills or the throw-back Chicago Bears. :D

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Exactly, that would be the ONLY time when there would be conflict which is why Dallas in theory SHOULD be able to wear hoops against other teams instead of the all white uniforms.

6. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    For all those who wanted orange I refer you to 2 of the above mentioned teams.

7. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I point to Wolves and Holland.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I hear you. We just know how much MLS now models itself after the NFL instead of a Touring Skateboard Carnival show liek they used to - and rightly so. There is much to be learned and copied from the NFL.

I just figured with the MLS reticance or apathy towards 3rd jerseys - now that the NFL is doing it more and more, MLSHQ will now see fit to do the same.

Just more biting sarcasm from a guy bored at work.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ugliest sight in all of professional sports is a football lineman wearing a bright orange jersey with bright orange pants -- which Clemson used to do on occasion. For those of you smart-asses warming up your keyboards for the obvious response, let me just say that a burnt orange jersey with white pants is a complete different story. Even then, I will cop to its being an acquired taste.

Honestly, there's very little that makes bright orange unforms palettable in any circumstance. Hell, even the Dutch aren't foolish enough to wear orange shorts.

10. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone see the gridiron game between Dallas and Chicago on Turkey Day? Those jerseys would even make Parrish sick.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was bit queasy watching that game. I thought it was just the Chicago offense.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought it was because of Vinny.

13. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire Chicago team itself is queasy enough for me.

Destiny's Child's halftime performance was the only bright spot of this depressing game.

14. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    How is there a color conflict with Chivas? They have vertical red and white stripes with, more importantly, navy blue shorts and socks. You see clubs in Mexico like Necaxa, Morelia and Monterrey with somewhat similiar uniforms to Chivas still wearing their primary uniform. And if people say its the black and white monitors problems, are you telling me you can't tell the difference between a team that is wearing dark shorts and socks versus a team wearing white shorts and socks??

Also, for Chicago...just have them wear their all red uniform when they play Dallas all the time. Then both teams would be playing each other in the uniforms that their fans identify most with (plus i still say it is a distinct advantage for Dallas in the summer to be wearing light uniforms while their visiting oppenent heats up in the humidity that is Dallas during the months of June, July and August).

Again...please explain the conflict?? Last i checked, the players wore shorts and socks too (although my girlfriend might like it better without :rolleyes: )

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You just explained the conflict the MLS has even though WE(the viewers) can tell the difference.