Nick Shows!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by TheMetroClover, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999

Metrocorazon, He's got a point!

Bottom line is, you're as passionate about Metro as I am. These are the kind of arguments that tend to happen when teams are going through tough times...
    I apologize if I went a overboard on my previous comments, there's no need or reasons for ESC members to fight among them.
    You hate Nick, I'm really only getting to know Nick and I'm willing to give him a chance, because he said he's willing to help the ESC grow, which I know you and I would love to see. Who knows? maybe a year from now, I'll hate his guts as much as you do, but I dont know what happened back then...
    Maybe you can tell me about it on the roadtrip...
    Now is not the time for us, a supporter's club, to fall apart, we should stick together, get organized and rock the house in *#*#*#*#sboro! win or lose!
    By the way, I have been an ESC member for 4 years, and a metro fan since day one! (but I didnt have a car or job to go to every game like I do now)

2. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Listen, Nick is the worst thing to have ever happened to the Metros. Stilliano was a moron, but at least he could sell the product.

I obviously don't know any of the background of the ESC incidents involving Nick. I have never been a part of ESC so I am not going to comment on that.

What I am going to comment on is what a hack job the Metros are. They are one of the most unprofessional organizations in all of American sports. Sure we have a competent coach, but how long is that going to last with a moron running things on the business side? We are seriously the blackhole of the league financially. Obviously a lot of that is the result of a horrendous deal with Giants Stadiums, but a lot also has to do with the fact that Nick and Co. haven't once marketed anything involving the Metros properly. I also doubt whether Nick should be handling something as important as the new stadium at Harrison.

The good things that have come out of his tenure are better jerseys, and the MSG deal (which had a lot to do with the Yankees leaving MSG, and them needing to fill up space).

I hope he gets fired, and soon. He should have been fired last year for the disaster that the team was. I mean, the team was rebuilt twice during the year.

So I am supposed to turn my head on all these stupidities? I know in modern sports, we put the blame on GMs and Coaches too quickly, instead of on the players. However, is it the players' fault that this organization is second-rate? No it isn't. Nick has to bear the onus, and hopefully he will get fired.

I hope he does well wherever he goes from here (if he is fired), however I do not think he is the right fit for the Metros. The only reason I can imagine that Nick would stay is because how far along the stadium seems to be.

3. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Thats cool. After the stories I have to tell you you'll understand why Nick is just now playing a game with us fans and trying to get on our good side. Not becuse he's a "nice guy" sort of speak, but because he knows that with all the crap and the watchfull eye of AEG, if the fans turn on him now he's probably going to have beg and plea for them not to fire him.

Anyways, glad we both calmed down a bit and willing to argue peacefully :) Talk about it more on the bus!

4. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    I feel like Ghandi.

5. Heywood

Heywood New Member

May 14, 2000
    Plainville, CT
    I'd like to hear what Nick himself would have to say in the face of these accusations. The man has a right to defend himself, and I'm sure he'd do a good job of it. We the fans don't know as much as we think we know about what goes on in the Front Office because we are not there.

But yes, I look forward to Foxboro and making some noise, probably for the last time this year.

The two best drummers? You mean one best drummer: me. You guys stink! :) (Just kidding!)

6. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    What corazon says is true, Nick has repeatedly failed time and time again. He has never brought in one impact player, he has never added one dimension to the team that has panned out well. He is not a leader by any stretch of the imagination.

I can honestly say that even though MPF was horrible, at least it was a new idea, they tried something different.

Lets face it, Nick is not the right guy for the job. Yeah, he might be a great guy to have a beer with and all those guarantees of a new home for us sure are exciting......But what has he done for us, I mean it, name one of Nick's accomplishments, please.

Don't be fooled by his political appeal to you all, Hitler could charm the pants off the Germans, but that doesn't make him a good guy or even all that competent. Nick sure can be swell and engaging, but that doesn't mean I trust the club with him.

7. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many more do you need?

8. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Nick sucks. MFO sucks. Hasn't anyone been paying attention through the years?

9. cjschlos

cjschlos Member

Jan 21, 1999
    New York

Guevara, Gaven, McGee, Walker...never brought in one impact player???? While I do agree that some of the marketing was a joke and that the front office needs to spend much more time working with the ESC, I do think all the bitching on the boards is a little much, our players and our prospects are much better now than a year ago. Most folks didn't think the metros would even make the playoffs at the start of the year, true our form of late has been awful but god have we improved over years past.

If I were still living in NYC i would focus on how the MFO and ESC can work together to grow numbers, increase atmosphere and recognize the efforts of the metro's most loyal fans.

10. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Bradley, Bradley, Bradley, and Bradley. Nick had nothing to do in bringing those players in. Bradley has complete control of the soccer side of things since he joined. And it's "Magee".

11. Heywood

Heywood New Member

May 14, 2000
    Plainville, CT
    The bitching on the boards isn't terribly productive, but it is better than berating the players after a difficult season and a heartbreaking first-round playoff game that was determined by inches.

12. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    by 'inches' he means 'the home team playing like *#*#*#*#*#'

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    This is exactly what needs to be worked on during the winter. Nathan Hales sounds like a perfect place for the 2 groups to get together and work things out...