Nichols Suing Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DoctorJones24, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what Dick Clark did in BFC. It's actually pretty funny (considering how composed Dick Clark is in most situations, the consummate host, it was funny to see him panic), but if you are a celebrity and you see Michael Moore coming in your direction with a camera, your best bet is to run...

2. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Out of curiousity I went looking for some info on Moore's movies and have found some entertaining sites listing all of his gross inaccuracies, lies and creative editing. The best was a quote to Lou Dobbs where he said that he didn't care about inaccuracies because it is just entertainment!

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why interject stupidity when it's unwarranted.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

to be fair (not that moore always deserves it) but some of those 'inaccuracy' sites are wildly inaccurate themselves

5. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    When a public figure sues a filmmaker for libel and the supposed basis supporting the suit is not knowing the subject matter of the interview in advance, I'm not the one interjecting stupidity.

6. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Which I took into account and went to a couple of websites that try to shoot down the inaccuracy sites and found about 90% of the assertations to be false. It is pretty obvious (he even stated it on CNN) that he doesn't let facts stand in his way. He has filmed things and then later added additional footage filmed at another time to make it look more his way. Anyway, just helped me realise how much I dislike the guy. Just my opinion, but did want to say that I did look at his side as well.