NGR: Guatemala v. Mexico [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by StoneIsland, Mar 17, 2008.

1. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the final whistle blew, and Guatemala walked away with the victory, it went off. I mean, totally, batshit crazy. I saw running fistfights, a brawl, beer showers, and complete, utter mayhem. :eek:

When I went by, some knucklehead had only opened half of the gates for one exit and they were getting themselves a nice little crush for their trouble.

Some nut with blood all over was trying to take on a whole section by himself because someone bounced his face off a bench.

Guatemala had a decent crowd, were well pleased with the result, and weren't letting the Mexicans push them around. They were on the losing end of most of the fights that I saw, but only because of the crush of numbers and not for lack of trying. There were lots of hard little men with murder in their eyes running around, let me tell you. :mad:

Didn't see anyone with a La eMe tattoo, though I did see a lot of folks who, you could say, "fit the profile." So, I count myself lucky. :cool:

Security did sweet FA about any of it. I think they were a little undermanned and caught by surprise.

Classic.

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    So what happened after the Haiti debacle?

3. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the Mexies are sore losers, same happened when we beat them at the Coliseum 3-2 in October.

Guatemala allowing 5 goals to Canada=Revenge for 2006 WC

Everytime Canada scored Guate fans cheered harder and harder becuase they knew what it meant for Mexico. Pretty ironic to see your team get wooped yet get the loudest standing ovation from the fans while they are walking off the field.

As for the Mexico game, that was something else. It was one of the strangest, yet exciting games I've ever attended.I couldn't stop lauging at how the whole game played out.

4. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    OMG!! LMAO!! Are you serious? Man, I dont even support the Mexican team but the fact of having Mexican blood makes it much more embarrasing.;)