[NFR] R. Madrid v Atl. Madrid (W), Barca v R. Madrid (Sa) [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Dec 1, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    R. Madrid v Atl. Madrid (Wed), Barca v R. Madrid (Sat)

Both on GolTV, I'm checking to see if any good Spanish restaurant will be carrying it, otherwise I'm just going to watch both at my place.

Any other Chicago Madrid fans interested in getting together/watching these matches? PM me if so, whether it's going somewhere or at my place you're welcome to come if you let me know.

Wed 3 Dec
    2.00p CT
    2 hr 30 min LIVE
    Gol TV
    Futbol de Espana - La Liga
    Real Madrid vs Atletico de Madrid

Sat 6 Dec
    2.00p CT
    2 hr 30 min LIVE
    Gol TV
    Futbol de Espana - La Liga
    Barcelona vs Real Madrid

More likely than not I'll watch Wednesday's match somewhere over lunch if anyone has GolTV that I find.

A few of us, especially since RMCF is coming to the states this summer are also working on establishing a Chicago supporters group (that will crossover to the Fire as well of course). You can PM me for info on that or talk to me if you come to watch one of the matches.

2. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was thinking of just going to the games in person.... but a restaurant sounds good too....

;)

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Bastard.

If you don't go to the games I'll kill you. Take pictures!

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I live in Evanston (just N of Chi) and am definitley planning to find a way to watch these games, esp. the Barca match (although Ronaldinho won't play) I was hoping someone would come up with a thread like this!

5. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Sorry - my email is Benfire [at] Yahoo.com

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  7. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just for clarification, Chicago Fire/Barca supporters are not welcome to this watch party?

Is the game at the Bernabeau or Nou Camp?

8. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Or, if they are, in fact, welcome, would this mean that pigs can fly?
    Wait, as I recall from last year @ the Nou Camp when a certain Luis Figo would set up for corners....

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    The game is at Nou Camp.

If we go to Iberico, well, I can't stop you from going. Have a feeling there will be a lot of people there if they do indeed show it.

10. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Liam, I can probalby make it to this watch party if you ever decide where it's going to be. My son has a belt test for Karate around noon but it should be done in plenty of time and this is a match I'd really like to see. Please keep me in the loop.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Wait, today?

Today it's definitely Iberico, because it's the only option for me at least. if they don't show it, well, whatever. I'm pretty confident they will, but they haven't returned my call yet.

If all goes well, Saturday will be there as well.

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Scratch Iberico. No Dish and they were awfully rude about it too boot, something I haven't had a problem with there before.

Anyone know another bar/restaurant...any one, that has Dish Network?

13. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I was talking about Saturday. Let me know if you find a place or if I can come to yours. Thanks.

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Eff it. I'm getting nowhere.

Party at my place Saturday afternoon. We'll pool money and order some Spanish food. :) Can't go to a Spanish resaurant? We'll bring it to us. And I've got two tvs so we can have another game on concurrently.

PM me for more info or if you have questions.

15. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    well Liam, I´ll level with you-- I watched this one on tv in a bar while drinking an awfully bitter spanish beer. Scalped tickets were in the range of a couple hundred Euros and (besides not having a couple hundred Euros) I had a big test the next day. You got lucky that Torres wasn´t having an "on" night.

oh and that David Beckham is SOOO-oooo Cute!

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    We've got a few folks in already for saturday.

Feel free to pass along word.

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    So far we've got a few people coming, a case of Corona, and some Estrella Galacia, and we'll be ordering food from Emilio's on Fullerton. I dunno what any of you Madridistas are doing Saturday but it can't be better than this.

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  20. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought that Ronaldo lost weight? He's lookin pretty plump in this picture, isn't he?

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  22. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Hala you glory hound. ;)

Watched the game. Barca looked decidedly second rate in the first half. However, the wites did not exactly live up the Los Galacticos either.

Barca unlucky not to draw even in the second half. Ronaldo got lucky, the keeper had his shot covered but for the deflection.

The final fifteen minutes were some of the most entertaining football I've seen all year. Thanks for the tip.

23. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Lived up to the tradition of pretty average matches at the Nou Camp over the last couple years, aside from that CL match.

A win's a win, but it sure wasn't the most entertaining game ever for most of the 90 minutes.