NSR: NFL Football 09-10

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by messiah10, Sep 7, 2009.

1. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Go coltsss!!!! :d

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Igols!!!!!

3. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    how do you feel about picking up mike vick?? i think he'll only be used for wildcat

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know who's year it is.

[​IMG]

5. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

only if jay cutler had someone to throw to :rolleyes:

6. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I'm cautiously excited, so much heartbreak for us eagle fans that I try to keep my hopes down, hopefully this year will be different.
    I think Vick was almost forced to be signed anyways, Dungy was pressuring, D-Mac was pressuring, and then Andy reid gave in, imo.
    I think its bad cause as soon as Donovan throws a bad quarter, people are gonna be asking for vick to be playing.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Go Raiders! :D

... and take the A's and Warriors with you!

Joking. :p Love my East Bay teams, for better or worse.

8. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richard Seymour said he might rather retire than play for the Raiders. Yay! Go Raiders! :eek:

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got Hester, Olsen, and Forte. It's not exactly the '04 Colts, but he does have options. We also have the easiest schedule in NFL this season, not to mention that every other team in our division is either crap, or starting Brett Farve. There's a reason that so many major outlets are picking the Bears to go to the Super Bowl.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Only one team from NFC going to the superbowl, and they happen to have michael vick on their roster (not that he will be a reason that we get there)

11. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    The ******** is an NFC?

Pats all the way.

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, sorry. I keep forgetting that you're in the Netherlands, and maybe aren't familiar with all of this stuff. Well, the NFC is one of the two conferences into which teams are divided. It stands for National Football Conference.

Also, the "Pats" that you mention are actually called the Patriots, and you should know that people aren't really supposed to root for them. The "franchise" was actually created in 1970 by then commissioner Alvin "Pete" Rozelle to be a foil for the rest of the league. You see, it was around this time that Rozelle started attending local wrestling events in Philadelphia - where the league's head office was located at the time - and became captivated by the notion of a "heel", or villain character that could draw the ire of opposing fans, making them root for their teams even harder in the process. In the early days, Patriot players would engage in comically dirty tricks, like hitting running backs with chairs, or 2x4's. In fact, the term "sack" is a holdover from the days when Patriots players would sneak potato sacks onto the field, which they would use to kidnap the opposing teams QB, before ultimately releasing him just in time for the dramatic 4th quarter comeback.

Of course, these antics eventually evolved into what you see today, with coaches illegally taping opposing teams, and "owner" Malcolm Glazer (a Leprechaun themed manager in the "Paul Bearer" mold) hiring the douchiest head coach this side of Mourinho. They provide great fun for football fans, but like I said, you're not actually supposed to root for them.

;)

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't listen to Greddy's propaganda and lies, Joep. NFC stands for Netherlands Football Conference and is the newest powerhouse in the National Football League. Hup the Oranges!

14. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    in my fantasy team i have

QB
    D.Brees ( my #2)
    M.Hasselback

RB
    C.Portis ( my #1 )
    T.Jones ( my #3 )
    R.Grant ( my # 4)
    J.Stewart
    C.Wells
    L.McClain
    L.McCoy

WR
    B.Edwards
    L.Evans
    K.Walker
    D.Avery

TE
    J.Witten

D
    Jets

K
    Gould

i only did my first 4 picks b/c i had to go somewhere so the rest is auto pick

what do you guys think??....i think its pretty good

15. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

no it stands for Nepal's Football Conference :p

16. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Steelers vs Titans today

i think steelers are gonna win ..... ur thoughts??

17. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Titans whooped them last time. Expect more of the same. Titans will at least cover.

18. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I have a question regarding FF...In my other league, I have Lendale and Chris Johnson...is it smart to play them both? my alternative is changing one of them for Darren Sproles who is at oakland, while Ledale and Johnson are at PIT

19. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I assume L.T is still the starter so i wouldn't suggest starting Sproles.... but if you are going to its better to take out chris johnson because him and lendale white still share time ( i think ) and lendale white gets most of the redzone attempts which means he would have more chances of a TD... so hope that helps..

and os_mutante i don't like either so i would want both to lose but that can't happen :( but it would be more beneficial to me if steelers won since titans are in the same division as colts

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me, I don't care about either team, I just care about what outcome has 'financial' benefits. :D

And Joep, if you don't want to start both and are waffling on Sproles, remember that he also returns punts and the Chargers have feasted on the Raiders the last couple years. I should know. I always go to the game in San Diego. (I must be a glutton for punishment.)

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    well, ive figured to go with both against Pittsburgh. I looked at last years games. theyre projected to go for 15 together, which I think is awfully low, considering that last year they had 27 points together against pittsburgh.
    Yes I might miss out on sproles, but I think this is my safest bet.

22. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Go 'Skins!

23. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Marques Colton,

You've f**ked me again!

Sincerely yours,
    Greddy

P.S. I hate you.

24. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    YESSS COLTS WINN!!!!!

and drew brees got me like 30-40 pts !!!

25. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yeah i got him on my league too, but i also happen to have certain Adrian Peterson got me 37 points! and I got D-Mcnabb 21 points, Colston got a TD so it was not too bad.
    Go Eagles!!!! 31-10 on a visit....I gotta a feeling that this season is gonna be the season!!! I know his ribs, but the man will be back.