NFL 2008: Week 4

Discussion in 'Football' started by Boundzy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went 10-6 (.625) in Week 3, which brings my yearly total to 21-10 (.677). I missed on MIN, MIA, DEN, BAL, JAC, and PHI. Here is a look at Week 4:

Sunday, September 28

49ers (2-1) @ Saints (1-2)
    The Saints need a win, but they will be without their starting WR and TE – Colston and Shockey. The 49ers have won their last 2. Typical of a Saints’ game, there should be plenty of scoring. Saints win at home.
    SF 30, NO 34

Texans (0-2) @ Jaguars (1-2)
    The Jags will use a solid defense and their running attack to pound the Texans into another loss.
    HOU 13, JAC 17

Browns (0-3) @ Bengals (0-3)
    Which team gets their first win of the season? I think the Bengals have more playmakers and they are at home, so they get the nod.
    CLE 17, CIN 24

Falcons (2-1) @ Panthers (2-1)
    The Falcons’ 2 wins were at home to Detroit and KC, who are currently two of the worst teams in the league. This is where the Falcons start their slide.
    ATL 16, CAR 27

Cardinals (2-1) @ Jets (1-2)
    The Jets looked abysmal against the Chargers. Favre will make some plays, but the Jets will limp into the bye week on a 3-game losing streak.
    ARI 24, NYJ 20

Vikings (1-2) @ Titans (3-0)
    My apologies to Gus Frerotte . . . apparently he IS the answer to the questions in Vikingland. The Titans are simply better than the Vikings and will win this one at home.
    MIN 20, TEN 24

Broncos (3-0) @ Chiefs (0-3)
    Statistically, we have the #2 Pass Offense (DEN) versus the #4 Pass Defense (KC). In reality, we have a blowout. The KC pass defense is giving up only 153 ypg, but it is because no one needs to throw the ball against them when they are yielding over 200 ypg on the ground.
    DEN 34, KC 12

Packers (2-1) @ Buccaneers (2-1)
    I could see this going either way, but I think the Packers have the better team. Although the game is in Tampa, I’ll go with the Pack to get back on track.
    GB 27, TB 20

Chargers (1-2) @ Raiders (1-2)
    The Raiders may be better than the Chiefs, but they are not better than the Chargers. Rivers will have a field day against the Raiders.
    SD 34, OAK 20

Bills (2-1) @ Rams (0-3)
    The Rams are not only losing games, they are losing by an average of about 29 points! Their closest game was last week, which was 37-13. It won’t get much better this week as the Rams go a perfect 0-4 before the bye week.
    BUF 33, STL 14

Redskins (2-1) @ Cowboys (3-0)
    Dallas will probably be favored in all of their games this year, but they will not go undefeated. Is this the week they falter? Could be, but I think not.
    WAS 24, DAL 34

Eagles (2-1) @ Bears (1-2)
    I’m certainly a believer in the Eagles, now. They have a strong defense and can run up the score against most any team.
    PHI 27, CHI 12

Monday, September 29

Ravens (2-0) @ Steelers (2-1)
    The Ravens have 2 home wins against CLE and CIN. Their win streak ends this week.
    BAL 17, PIT 20

Byes: DET, IND, MIA, NE, NYG, SEA

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    7-6 (.538) this week...not so good :D

3. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why I never put my money where my mouth is!