Next Supporter's Group Meeting: Fri, Feb 10 @ Richmond Arms

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by yanks02, Feb 6, 2006.

1. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to go with that option. ;)

Those cheetos last night were priceless, by the way.

2. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's almost 3am, and I'm polishing off a bag of cheetos for the 3rd night in a row. At least tonight I was dancing with Rockets power dancers... (yeah trying to negotiate some cheerleaders for 1836)... ummmm. Whether I'm drunk or not, it's always business and soccer first. Cheetos second.

One of my fraternity bro's manages the warehouse for FritoLay - so don't think for a second that I'm not doing everything I can to make sure we have 10-12 cases of CHEETOS for ever home game.

War Cheetos... the power of the FuBoys!

3. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit. Laughing at myself for quoting myself. But just somehow thought it was funny that Cheetos is going to be a memory for 1836 for the next 20 damn years.

And we're going to have orange t-shirts.

War FuBoy's 1869 Brigade. War Cheetos Brigade!

4. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I had to split at 10 (along with Marshall Leonard's parents - no one mentioned we're going to convert the parents of a Rev!), good to hang by the only fresh air in the place, back by that door. Ethan, were all those girls with you? If so, you are my hero!

Did we ever find out if our new treasurer posts on BS and as who? It was pretty weird no one had ever seen the guy before...and I forgot to ask Stephen what his BS handle was. Always fun to try to figure out who bulletin board people are in "real life"...

And could I just add...

My hair looks mahvelous in this pic!

Respectfully submitted,
    The Other Silver Fox (NOT the one who sang "Lonely Weekends" and "Behind Closed Doors")

5. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a great time there. I wonder how many people we can fit into the middle section?

Awesome.

bford

6. ethan

ethan Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Hyde Park, HOU

Yeah. That's just how I roll. Why? Do I need to bring more next time? Had a good time. I'll definitely (or defiantly) be at the next one.
    This WC will be a good time to recruit expats at the various watch parties. USA of course, but if anyone's been to the Arms for an England game, crazzzyyy! My old roommate is very tapped in to the Brazilian community here. It'd be nice to have a very diverse group.

7. Numero Dos

Numero Dos Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Stephen=Numero Dos

8. bford

bford Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Oliver Luck was nice enough to stop by the meeting, do you think they knew this was going down on Friday. They did bring tshirts and everything. Still when I was talking with him about when we might have uniforms he basically stated April, because there are so many "cooks in the kitchen" or something like that. He looked a bit tired when he said it. I even thought about it for a second, thinking man he looks exasperated by all of this.

I'm sure that might have been stressful, if they knew this might be coming down. Of course he might not have known this at the time.

Just wondering..I posted this here, because it's the meeting post and he was there.

rock

bford

9. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our treasurer is known in actuality...just a bit of confusion at first. He was at the first meeting and goes by Houston '06 if I'm now mistaken.

10. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup that's him. I couldn't recognize him with the dark light but once I got closer to talk to him, I realized he was at the first meeting.

Your money is safe with him. :)

11. bford

bford Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did we or has anyone decided on a date for the next meeting. I'm guessing it will be very lively. Maybe we should have it somewhere with plastic utensils..
    :rolleyes: ;)

awesome

bford

12. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was said to be March 4th at the time. With all that's going on maybe it should be moved up.

13. houston'06

houston'06 Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Treasurer: Jeff Campbell, Houston'06

And I was at the first meeting as well.

14. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My apologies, Jeff...

Zolafan, but you can call me Donald (like the duck)....

15. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure I posted this elsewhere - but I say we have a supporters rally at San Jacinto Monument - then head to a bar nearby. Yanks - isn't that your side of town?

I'm going to the Austin game on the 25th, but can make March 4th.

Oh yeah - you can call me Gorley. Too many James's around.

16. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooh yay! I'm just across the freeway from the monument. Let's definitely do that so I don't have to drive very far! ;)

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvking perfect bro!

Who's tapped the keg Gorley?