Next Call of Duty Game

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, May 1, 2014.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the rumors I read regarding the next CoD game had it taking place during WWI. Safe to say this teaser image refutes that.

[​IMG]

Sledgehammer is up with the next installment of CoD in the three-year development cycle between them, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward. This Sunday, Gameinformer will be announcing the game's name and details.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Future Warfare!

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there some caveat with the Zampella & West fallout with Activision that the CoD franchise couldn't do future events?

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those uniforms look a little futuristic to me.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well yeah, they're definitely not current, nor from the past.

My question was - and I thought it came to light with the first Black Ops game - whether Activision was allowed to take the CoD franchise into future events. Looks like either that restriction has been lifted, or they just don't give a shit.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to be completely honest with you, I have no clue.

And to be even more honest, and a bit standoffish, I don't really care. I played CoD Ghosts, but for the most part CoD has been dead to me since MW2. I despised Black Ops, with a passion. With the utter failure of BF4 for me as well, the fps mainstays are hurting.

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found it, sort of. Don't know if it's still in effect, or only while they were IW employees.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-inside-the-game-industry-trial-of-the-decade

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't far off, it's Advanced Warfare

9. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm, I'm interested. guessing the private military corp will start out good then turns out to be the enemy. Be great if Sledgehammer goes all out and actually has the campaign end with no small victory what so ever but a very dark take over by the corporation. Then they sprinkle in a few co-op spec-op style missions to bring some hope to the story line. I know they have three different studios developing but does that mean they each have their own different campaign story? With Sledgehammer going future warfare is Treyarch gonna continue the same? I'm definitely in to play the campaign. Just really hope they bring back spec-ops style missions and leave the zombie/alien horde stuff out.

10. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

NORML repped this.
  11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11 NORML, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    I am trying to refrain from making any bold statements after just a few matches but so far so good. The maps feel and look a lot like those from Blops2. The general player movement and guns also feel a lot like Blops2, no where near Ghosts.The whole jetpack system is fun but nowhere as smooth as Titanfall but I could see that being up to a design decision; makes the exo suit feel more noticable, like an addition to the player than fully integrated. Only played one mission of campaign so other than it looking really good I can't say much else.

Huge bummer is that the co-op is nothing more than wave based horde mode. Sadly I think Spec-Ops is never gonna return.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Have to say that this crap makes me happy that I ditched the series five or so years ago.

[​IMG]

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At first I didn't think that having to interact with a coffin to pay your respects was an actual thing ...

14. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone have this game? what are their thoughts on it....this is the first CoD game that has caught my attention...

@NORML you've had it for almost a week, what do you think?

15. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really enjoying the game. The campaign has an ok story with some very fun missions and multiplayer with the exo boost adds something new to the multiplayer. If ya didn't like COD or are bored with it's campaign/multiplayer I wouldn't say this adds much to make it a must buy, but if you've been away for awhile and enjoyed Blops2 MP you will probably be happy picking it up.