News: Stoke boss Pulis: Sorensen knows the score

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 25, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Stoke City boss Tony Pulis is confident Thomas Sorensen accepts the reasons for moving for Portsmouth goalkeeper David James.

Sorensen's was linked with clubs abroad in recent days, although the Dane has distanced himself from claims he was joining Bayern Munich.

Sorensen has made some costly errors of late and could arguably have done better for Arsenal's goal from a deflected Denilson strike in Stoke's 3-1 victory.

Pulis said: "I've had a good chat with him and he understands the situation.

"The important thing is that we bring in competition to push everyone, Thomas included."

It seems highly unlikely that James will be signed to sit on the bench with a World Cup coming up, and Sorensen would not be happy on the bench either with Denmark also competing in South Africa.

Pulis wants both at the club, though, saying: "I believe we are one of the few Premier League clubs with only two goalkeepers (in their first-team squad) and we need cover with three keepers.

"Thomas would be first to hold his hands up and say everybody needs competition. Thomas has made a couple of mistakes which get highlighted more as a goalkeeper, but he's been a fantastic signing for us."

More...