News: Premier League clubs circle for Villarreal's Ruben

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    A host of Premier League clubs are ready to takeover were Wigan failed and try to land Villarreal's Marco Ruben.

The Latics had agreed to pay around £7million to land him, but Villarreal were not happy with the payment methods and a deal does not look imminent.

Ruben's British representative Barry McIntosh confirmed his frustration that a move to the DW Stadium has failed to go through.

"We are deeply frustrated that this deal has been able to be completed, as we have all worked on it for a number of weeks," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"I am disappointed for Wigan, as they have put a lot of effort into getting it done, but unfortunately the two clubs just could not agree contractually."

McIntosh admitted that he was aware of fresh interest from England in Ruben.

"I am aware a number of clubs will be taking the opportunity to watch him over the weekend," he continued.

"Whether they could succeed where Wigan failed remains to be seen as we have just a matter of days to go before the transfer window closes."

More...