News & Media: Articles, photos, videos, etc.

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Bonnie Lass, May 5, 2008.

1. Murcer68

Murcer68 Member

Nov 4, 2003
    I liked this part of the story the best:

"But they also remember the remarkable grace and class she's shown dealing with the disappointment of the injury that kept her from helping the U.S. defend its championship."

What can I say - I like a good comedy.

Yes, I'm still bitter. I'd like to think I could forgive Abby, but it seems I can't.......

2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The mentioned last night on the "Best Damn Sports Show Period" on FOX sports that Heather Mitts is going to be on but they didn't say when. Does anyone know when?

I checked their site but it doesn't say.

3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Solo was basically the star of the final against Brazil so hasn't she had any video appearances anywhere since?

I know she'll be on Oprah with the rest of the team and 175 other athletes but she should be one on one somewhere.

She shoud've been on Leno.

4. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Leno would be too much to Hope. He would ask infamous questions that I don't think she wants to answer anymore...

5. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    The WNT blog is back again.. now with a short piece about Boxx and Tarpley with the LA Dodgers.

http://wnt-ussoccer.blogspot.com/

Also, Oprah's episode runs on monday.

6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heather Mitts was on the Best Damn Sports Show Period 2 Fridays ago but hasn't Hope been anywhere???

She won them the gold medal with her performance in the final and all tournament. If there is as an MVP of the tournament it's her.

Players have to take advantage of this quickly since the public forgets about the Olympics pretty fast.

8. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    "Most people would say for sure, but that's just not me. I didn't want to negatively affect the team. I didn't want to be a distraction," she said. "The truth is I want to be back on that team for a lot more years and when you start criticizing and analyzing your teammates publicly, you cross over into territory that's not suitable to me."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20080908/SPORTS/809080314/1007/SPORTS Abby September 8th. What a way to tarnish her image. Be silent Abby.

9. soccermum

soccermum New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Huh? She's explaining why she declined offers to commentate on the Olympics.

10. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    she wasn't trashing anyone. I also think it was a wise move. she still wants to play on the team and she didn't feel comfortable being asked to analyze and hence have to criticize her teammates when she planed to go back and play with them.

11. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775316

For those who care: WPS allocation tomorrow, 12:30 ET.

Also:

12. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Nice piece on the WNT with emphasys on HAO http://thetartan.org/2008/9/15/news/olympics

“A lot of people were saying that we got a bit lucky in our journey towards our gold medal. I was at a press conference and I was answering a question about if we felt like we were lucky to draw the teams that we did,” she said. “As soon as she asked that, I thought about what Randy had said in the last lecture, ‘Luck is truly where preparation meets opportunity,’ so I quoted that at the press conference.”

“I think that the cool thing is that after you win a gold medal, your life does change a little bit,” she said. “After we won the final, we were hanging out with people like David Beckham and Tiger Woods — so the people you meet is definitely an impressive list.”

13. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Cox, Tarpley, Kai, Rampone, Boxx and Scurry rang the bell in New York (Wall Street market) on 9/15/08; the day that the Dow dropped more than 500 points (504 to be exact) the biggest drop on 7 years. (Kai had the hammer) :D

wow... unfortunate coincidence.:(

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Yeah, that gong hit cost me a trip to Argentina.
    Somebody take that hammer away from Natasha.

15. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire USWNT was on Oprah last Monday or something. Does anyone have a video clip of that?

16. Murcer68

Murcer68 Member

Nov 4, 2003
    I went to the Ireland match on Saturday and took a bunch of photos.

I just posted 29 of them on my PBase site, including pics of Carli, Heather Mitts, Tarp, and Hope.

You can see the photos here:
    http://www.pbase.com/murcer68/uswnt_soccer

In the near future, I should be posting more new photos of my favorite player (Kate Markgraf), as well as some group shots.

17. soccermum

soccermum New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Is it just me or did anyone else find it odd that Wambach, who didn't play on the Olympic team, was one of the featured players on The Today Show? Nothing against Abby but seems since there were only four players, that spot would have gone to one who actually won a medal.

18. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The players weren't there to discuss the Olympics... they were there to discuss the new league. In that regard, Abby is certainly one of the featured personalities.

19. soccermum

soccermum New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I thought they promoed it as the gold medal winning soccer team. Will have to go back and look.

20. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they said something like, "we have a few members of the gold medal winning soccer team here"...yadda, yadda, yadda... "so, there's a new women's professional league coming, tell us about that." The league was the reason they were there.

21. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    yep, the highlights are up on ussoccer.com along with Fox and Friends..

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please post highlights. Their screen at ussoccer is way too small.

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This a picture of some of the WNT players at Wrigley Field Friday from USSF site. Where it says U.S. Women Return to Chicago.
    Who is the girl 3rd from left who doesn't have a gold medal around her neck?
    I can't tell.

http://ussoccer.com/

24. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    That is Kacey White. One of the alternates.
    Info of her:

White, Kacey M 5-4 04/27/84 Arlington, Texas North Carolina