News Briefs

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  2. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  3. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
  4. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  5. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  6. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  7. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

I have posted the latest news clips translated from Iranian on-line media. The first two clips About Perspolis are funny.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=116

8. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    thx alot afshin. your website rules.

9. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    You are welcome PF jAn. I just updated yesterday's report with some news clips from today. Take another look.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=116

I now have a new found appriciation for the work that translators do! Man it takes time! :)

10. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

Apparently the game between Perspolis and Santos at Rogers Centre is cancelled. This should not suprise anyone who has been following the Perspolis news lately. They barely have signed enough players for the new IPL season! Anyway, here is the newswire from CNW:

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=117

11. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

Here is the latest from Iranian media which I have translated and posted on my website. Enjoy.

ShortKicks for Sunday, August 7
    http://www.lastkick.com/?p=122

12. Aria-IRAN

Aria-IRAN Member

Nov 11, 2004
    PERSIAN GULF

13. musicmaker

musicmaker New Member

Aug 6, 2005
    thats a nice site

14. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    great site, bookmarked it...

keep up the good work :cool:

15. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Thanks guys. Really appriciate your positive feedback.

My brother and I started this about three months ago just for fun. He manages the farsi section and I the English. We had no idea how much work was involved :)

If any of you feel like writing up soccer articles that we could post under your name please do not hesitate to send them to us. I don't want to type our emails here because I'm afraid spam engines might pick them up, but it is our first names (afshin and Amir) at domain name (lastkick.com). We'd appriciate your help and input.

16. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Afshin jan, i'll be more than happy to help out with ur site if you need it...

i'm not good in writing articles, but i can try to collect important news from other soccer sites and send them so u guz can post it up...if you guyz want :)

my name is dariush, if you are interested, just pm me and give me ur e-mail and then i will send the important/latest news to u guyz and you guyz can publish it...

17. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  18. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

I just posted the latest edition of ShorKicks (News briefs translated from Iranian news papers) on my web site. Enjoy.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=136

19. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

Here is another collection of news clips from Iranian media.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=146

Of note is Nekounam and Kazemian's signing with Pas and Perspolis meaning Kaiserslautern is out of the picture :(

20. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Ownage. Islamic republic owns this ********! dumb********ingreligiousmother********ers!

21. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    You know, we obviousely don't know what goes on behind the scene but it seems like Kazemian just did not have the heart to take that leap to Bundesliga. I read a couple of his interviews in today's papers and he still seems unsure if he made the right decision or not!

Nekounam's is obviousely a different story. Pas did not let him go.

Looking back at Kazemian, I have a new found respect for Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Karimi, Rezaei and even Pashazadeh who had the courage to take the chance.

One thing is for sure, the cultural gap plays a big role in all of this. Players like Mousavi and Samereh had their shot too but after one or two seasons they gave up and came back to Iran.

Another iportant factor to keep in mind is their age. Many of the good (not Great) South American players that come to Europe and hang in there and make it, come in their late teens or very early 20s. Most our players who have left Iran to try their luck have been in mid to upper twenties. That is a little too late because most European players have already matured at that age. Unfortunately we do not have a good youth program in Iran and that is a big part of the problem.

I hope Kaebi gets out next year.

22. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL
    good point afshin,
    i was actually thinking about the same thing. it must be really hard for people who live far far away from family in gorbat. its harders to concentrate on training when the luved ones are thousands of miles away. i guess having them around gives u lots of comfort.
    but then no pain no gain. so these players have to consider that too. i mean ya my grandparents came here alone too. they miss their family but they nvr backed off.
    plus, european culture is not that diff from irani culture! so adjustment is really easy

23. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Ari you point to something very important and that is the support network. I read an interview with Vahid Hashemian about a few months ago and he talked about how difficult it was for him to be in Germany by himself. He said back in Iran if something bothered him he always had family and friends to talk to, but in Germany he didn't even speak the language. He said it took him two or three years before he started to feel comfortable. He has been there almost six years now.

24. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL
    c i could probably not understand that b/c all my family live about 50 mi away from me, soon .5 mi. but i could imagin how hard it could be to live by urself in a diff country and not knowing the language to make new friends!
    but stayin in IPL cannot make another kia from kazemian! i think we all agree in that! im not tryin to be harsh or anything but they j have to suck it up and dont b a baby.
    its all of us dreams to wear the TM jersey, now to be som1 to be remembered by many generations to come as one of the "Greatest of Iran Football" thats something else that im still daydreamin on. and im sure kazemian is too.

25. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I agree Ari they have to suck it up and take that leap.