News: Aloisi eyeing top of the table finish with Sydney FC

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Sydney FC striker John Aloisi is eyeing a top of the table finish with Sydney FC this season.

The Sky Blues currently sit second, two points off league leaders Melbourne Victory, but can put some pressure on them if they defeat the Brisbane Roar this weekend, which Aloisi clearly plans to do against a Roar side that is capable of producing anything.

“We want to finish top of the league so really we have to win all three remaining games to do that. So this is an important game for us,” Aloisi said.

“It’s going to be pretty open if they come out and try and win the game. It could play in our favour because it’ll be an attacking game and as a striker you like attacking games and open play.

“I expect them to be up for this game. They have got some older pros that work really hard, especially the ones in the midfield like Matt McKay and [Massimo] Murdocca and then they have young players like Tommy Oar that want to prove how good they are,” Aloisi added.

“We know they’ve had their problems but we just have to concentrate on our game and not worry about their game.”

Aloisi admits he is enjoying being a regular again in the Sky Blues line-up and hopes his form holds up at the business end of the season as Sydney chase a second A-League title.

“It’s been good to get playing again, get regular game time. I’ve been happy with the recent form and hopefully I can continue on into the finals,” he said.

More...