Newcastle United transfer rumours and bollox thread 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by sarabella, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we need a central defender

2. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    NUFC were in the market anyway. Taylor is more than an adequate replacement. A lot of fans already prefer Taylor to Bramble. The problem is that we are really thin.

But it's early.

3. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be nice to have some cover. Maybe we should convert a mid-fielder into a defender. :D

4. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Guys,

is there any Topic,,about what number , player gonna wearing this season :confused: :rolleyes:

the new sign Emre Belezoglu ''maestro'' in Galatasaray, Internazionale and Turkish National team , he wear number ( 5 ).

Edit:

can we open new topic about NUFC player ,
    Any word on what new player will be wearing what ?

5. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    yeah knock yourself out! I think that Parker was assigned 11.

6. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Lets hope one good striker sign :cool:

Boa Morte,Kuyt,Nihat,Forlan..

ps:
    Thanks picaraza :)

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I was thinking about this today, before I heard the news. 1 in, 6 out. Both our defensive "squad" players. Just this exact situation... what happens when we lose our back line. None of the 4 (Carr, Boum, Bramble, Baby) have proven themselves to be 38-50 games a season players.

How'd that Emre signing go today?

Thx,

Jay!

8. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Interview with Freddy Sheperd at Face to Face: Freddy Shepherd

Well, we're going to need cover at left back as well. So, presumedly, were looking at a versatile player like [sigh] Aaron Hughes. Chelsea's Gallas would be ideal ;)

I assume that the wide-left player is Boa Morte.

And then there's just the striker...

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Souness seeks a defender
    Mathew Upson or Sylvain Distan get my votes.

On another note Dyer agrees to four year contract

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Distan will never come back because the fans wouldn't have him back after he snubbed the club a few years ago

11. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    [WARNING]
    Tribalfootball.com rumor
    [/WARNING]

Have you heard of a defender named Alberto Lopo who plays for Espnayol? Well, apparently Souness has heard of him and NUFC is interested.

12. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Viduka again.

Shepherd gets serious and targets Viduka

13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the papers bored or should I be worried about Viduka?? :(

A 4-3-3 would be fun to watch am I to assume we would play 4-5-1 on the road and where does our boy Hugo fit in all of this.

14. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    From what I've been reading, he'll probably be competing with Emre for a spot.

• X: Emre or Viana
    • Y: Parker or Jenas
    • Z: Faye, Butt, or Parker
    • LM: Boa Morte, Zoggy, or maybe Emre (?)
    • RM: Dyer, Boa Morte, Milner

RB--CB--CB--LB
    -------Z-------
    ----Y-----X----
    --RM-----LM---
    ------ST-------

or

RB--CB--CB--LB
    ----Y-----Z----
    -------X-------
    --RM-----LM---
    ------ST-------

or

RB---CB---CB---LB
    ----------Z-------
    --Viana-----Emre--
    ----RM-----LM----
    --------ST-------

15. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Recent Soccernet articles and seleced quotes.

Toon 'had to axe Robert and Bellamy'

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness insists he had no choice but to get rid of Craig Bellamy and Laurent Robert in order to save the club.

Souness is currently searching for replacements as he prepares for a crucial season, but he remains unrepentant and adamant his tough stance is already paying dividends.

Asked in a fans' question and answer session on the World section of the club's official website if there was anything he would have done differently, he replied: 'There is not too much, I do not think.

'People talk about the Bellamy situation or Laurent's situation - they were situations that had to be confronted, they needed strong management and I felt I dealt with both those situations in the best way possible for Newcastle United.

'I am not a fool, I have been in the game a long time and the only thing that matters at a football club is the football club. We, as individuals, can come and go, players come and go, managers come and go. The club and the group, that is the only thing that matters.

'I am sure if I sat down and thought about it long and hard, there would be things, but there are no major things, no obvious things.

'I am happy with the signings we have made; I am happy with the ones we have let go. It was sad to see Andy O'Brien go and Aaron Hughes go and Darren Ambrose - they are genuinely good lads, really good lads, but to be fair to them and to be fair to the club, I thought it was the best thing.' Shouldn't that say "signing"?

Six players have so far left St James' Park this summer and another, Lee Bowyer, is attracting interest from West Ham and Charlton, while only one - Scott Parker - has so far arrived.

Souness remains hopeful of landing Turkish international Emre Belozoglu and is ready to mount another bid for Fulham's Luis Boa Morte as he attempts to shake off the bitter disappointment of last season's 14th-place Barclays Premiership finish.

'If we land Emre and we get certainly two more players at that level and then we maybe get another couple of players who would be important members of the squad - but we have to be realistic, we cannot go out and keep buying Scott Parkers, only Chelsea can do that at this time,' he said. Uhhh, when exactly are you planning to sign players? Doesn't that transfer window end soon?

'But if we can land Emre and we can get another couple of high-class players and we can be a wee bit lucky with injuries, I feel we can certainly challenge for a Champions League spot.'

(Shearer's) replacement remains a major headache for Souness, who said: 'Whoever took over from the previous manager, that was always maybe the biggest headache he was going to have.

'How do you replace a legend, how do you replace someone who consistently got over 20 goals a season for the club?

'If you look back over the last seven or eight seasons and take Alan Shearer's goals out of Newcastle, Newcastle would have been a mid-table team at best.

'His goals have pushed them up the table, so it is a monumental task to try to find Alan's replacement.

'We have some names. We are trying to get people in with a proven track record and it is a big, big job to fill Alan Shearer's shoes, whoever comes in. But we have got some big names in mind.'

Souness searches for defensive cover

Aaron Hughes and Andy O'Brien have already left St James' Park for Aston Villa and Portsmouth respectively in recent weeks, leaving Souness with only Jean-Alain Boumsong, Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage and Robbie Elliott from which to choose for Sunday's opening Intertoto Cup clash with Dubnica in Slovakia.

'As we speak now, we feel that we are one experienced central defender short,' the Scottish boss.

'With Stephen Carr, both Peter Ramage and Steven Taylor could do a job there, both Ramage and Taylor could do a job at centre-back and we have got Celestine Babayaro at left-back and we have got Robbie Elliott to cover him.

'I would like one more experienced centre-back because if you look at Titus at 23, Jean-Alain Boumsong at 25, Taylor at 19 and Ramage at 21, we do not have a lot of experience in a very important position.

Souness told his club's official website: 'James Milner came in and impressed towards the end, young Steven Taylor impressed everyone when he came in with his natural athleticism and his aggression, and Charles N'Zogbia.

'They are 19 - I do not think Charles is 19 yet, but the other two are 19 - but they came in last year both at St James' and places like Old Trafford and the other big stadiums and showed they could handle the pressure. You have no ********ing clue who is even on the team, do you? You wanker!

'Ideally, you do not want to be playing the three all at the same time, but that was what we were forced into last year. But I do not have any fears for those three coming in and doing a job when they are asked to do so, no worries whatsoever.'

Dyer agrees new four year contract Did they rip up the old one and agree to pay him less? I think not. Hopefully this deal is the prelude to a big cash transfer.

Shepherd demands more from players

'I come from a tough area of Newcastle in Byker and not many whingers live there. I am a fighter and I will fight on and get it right.

'No-one likes to be criticised. If they do, they have a problem. Of course it hurts, but I have broad shoulders and accusations go with the territory. The buck has to stop somewhere and it stops at the top.

'I hate whingers in football and I am not going to become one of them. However, a sense of proportion has to be kept.

'I can understand fans gunning for the chairman and the manager because they always do, but what about the players?

'We pay them Hollywood money and for that they have a responsibility to go out and perform like a Rolls Royce. We have paid the huge transfer fees and the huge wages, given them one of the best stadia in the world, marvellous training facilities, and a terrific, loyal crowd.

'For that, they should produce the goods. After we have done our bit, it is down to the manager and the players to fulfil their side of the bargain.
    Dear Freddy, Welcome to the new Millenium. Signed professional atheletes.

'Some players are in a no-lose situation. If they win something or qualify for Europe, they get the glory, but if they fail, the manager is the one who gets the sack and the chairman the flak.

'However, those types who do not care are found out eventually and the gravy train stops running for them. No-one is underpaid at St James' Park. From the goalkeeper through to the centre-forward, we pay quality money looking for a quality job.'

For nine years, Newcastle have had a quality job from skipper Alan Shearer, and Shepherd believes the moment that the 34-year-old, who has delayed his planned retirement by 12 months, feels he is not pulling his weight, he will walk away.

'Once he has Jackie Milburn's club record - and he only has a few goals to go - then I believe he would just quit if it was not going for him,' he said. 'He is a proud man - he would never cheat the fans.
    Just throw gas on that fire there, Fred

'Shearer is absolutely imperative in the dressing room. He is a major influence as we go about sorting that out. Players listen to him, look up to him. He has that charisma.

'I think he wants to help Graeme Souness as much as anything else because he sees a lot of himself in his manager. He understands where Graeme is going.

'They are the same strong characters, good pros who do not suffer fools gladly.

'Dyer's contract is all agreed,' he said. 'Both we and the player are happy. Now it is just a matter of checking legal and tax details before it is signed.'

Dyer and his team-mates are likely to be joined by Turkey international Emre Belozoglu for the new campaign with the Inter Milan midfielder expected to complete his move to St James' on Friday.

However, he will not be formally unveiled until a work permit is received, the application procedure for which will require the 24-year-old to leave the country.

Shepherd also confirmed Souness is looking for more signings this summer.

'Remember there are still seven weeks to go before the transfer window closes. We have until the end of August. We will sign a striker, cover at centre-back and probably a wide-left player. I hope this is true. If he's still using SBR's calendar, he may want to go check the dates again. With all the ********-ups recently, you may need to triple-check deadlines and the such

'Everyone wants a striker who can score goals and we are no exception - but I believe we will get one. As for a central defender, we could buy but we also hope Steven Taylor will come through this season.

'We have taken our time buying players because I have learned the hard way if you act in a hurry you repent at leisure.'

Thx,

Jay!

16. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Useless bit of 'Marko' Trivia.
    Thx,

Jay!

17. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    hmmm.

I think that might of qualifed as a screed, except that most of the most was quoted.
    • We still have a lot of time. Seven weeks. If the transfer marker were closing this weekend Sky Sports (and BigSoccer) would be all over it.
    • We have Parker and Emre. (It's done stop looking for conspiracies. He must leave the country until the paper work is complete.)
    • We are close to signing Boa Morte. In recent reports the price tag has dropped to 3m. I'm delighted.
    • We are going to buy a striker. There are a lot of good strikers still out there.
    • We are going to buy someone to cover at CB. There are a lot of good CBs still out there; some great ones as well.

Now, I'll get pissed if...
    • We do not buy a new CB.
    • We do not get some coverage at LB. Babayaro and Elliott are not going to cut it for a season.
    • We buy a crap striker. I could live with Viduka as a third choice. Say, after Shearer and Nihat or after Shearer and Kuyt.
    • We don't sell Lee Bowyer. Damn we've only got seven weeks to go before the transfer window is closed. Get rid of him already!
    • Also, I'd like to see Nicky Butt go. Now, please.

18. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    oh, please be true...

This would solve three of our problems: 1) CB coverage; 2) LB coverage; 3) Bye bye Nicky Butt

FOOTBALL SPY: SOUEY READY WITH A WELCOME MATT

19. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    This was out of the blue..i wonder how this effects our bid for that dutch kid? Also this looks like Harper is on his way

20. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    I have one thing to say, and one alone....

Fook right off Mark Viduka.

Ta.

21. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Seconded

22. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    Maybe we should start a petition like the Birmingham fans, saying that we do not want the fat, useless, aussie donkey at our club.

23. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    A blind deaf woman who has never seen football in her life can see that Viduka is finished it shouldn't need a petition it should be common sense :D

24. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    [​IMG]

:D

25. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

It's latin name is fattus fuçkus