Newcastle Reserves [R]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Trackman20, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is something I can't remember us ever trying to tackle throughout the season, but with Owen, Ameobi, Cacapa, and Dyer all playing tonight with the reserves.....coupled with our interest in the careers of Huntington, Pattison, etc., I thought we should keep up with the young'ens this season.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1091067,00.html

Newcastle "Reserves" 2

Newcastle Blue Star 0

Shola scored both goals...

2. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that BSA is willing to play guys who didn't get a game over the weekend rather than use it as academy only. I actually think that a mix between the two is pretty much what we need. Develop the handful of players who are destined to cut it at the senior level and let the guys who are already there but didn't play get a game in.

3. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.toonarmyusa.com/newsnow/carroll081407.htm

Seems that Andy Carroll has gone to Preston North End on loan for a 6-month loan.

Quotes From NUFC.com From Andy:

Speaking to the Preston website, Carroll said:

"I was given a few clubs to choose from but when I was looking at them Preston looked like the right move so I got straight on the phone to Paul and sorted it out. They seemed like the right team for me and I thought that I'd fit in well. There's a few good players here and hopefully and can get on well with them.

"Obviously I'm delighted with the move and I just want to play some games and get some goals under my belt. I hope I get some goals down here so that I can show everyone I can do it."

"Everyone thinks I'm a target man but it's not just about the head all the time," he explained.

"I can get the ball down and score goals with my feet as well. Everyone calls me a young Duncan Ferguson up in Newcastle. They say I'm aggressive and good in the air, able to hold up play.

"Sam said it's a good club so I took his word for it and I'm down here now so I just want to do well. The gaffer here tells me that we've got a good bunch of lads and he's just expecting me to train well and get into the first team."

"I'd just like to play my best all the time and play every week. It would be a great start to get a goal against Morecambe and I just hope that I can get on, play well, and win the game."

4. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good article on a Reserve kid I didn't know about.

A Dutch of class for Toon

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joey Barton=Legend

Joey Barton with a goal and 60 injury free minutes. Gentleman this man is the answer to our midfield question. Now if we can keep him out of jail we should finish somewhere between 5th-8th place.

6. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Joey Barton=Legend

Tru Dat