Newcastle in for Carr

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Nov 9, 2003.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.ananova.com/sport/soccer/story/sm_836847.html?menu=sport.football
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/november/englinews5091103.html

2 million and Solano or Carl Cort in part-exchange? *#*#*#*# off!

Solano is a very talented player, but he's a wingback not a fullback. With 4-4-2 and Davies we need a defensive presence. He's also buggering off to Peru every few months to play qualifying matches for the next two years, that's why they want to offload him. Besides even if we sell Carr we don't need a new right back. We have Mabizela, Tanno, Stephen Kelly doing very well on loan at Watford and also Marney and Ifil in the reserves. We're very deep in that area, we may have a tricky time in the short time as Mabizela and the young lads would need time and experience, but it won't be bad enough to require taking an expensive showpony like Solano.

We want cash, so we could use it to buy Konchesky outright and with some left over to put into the ballwinner pot.

2. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I say, do the deal. Carr will leave for nothing if we don't, and Solano is good. He doesn't play for Peru in their qualifying games any more. He's a good player.

Let Carr go I say!

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe he still plays for Peru, he was set to quit but I think he went back on that, hence the bustup with Uncle Bobby.

Carr still has 18 months to go, we can afford to be a bit tight on it. Not too tight, but surely 4-5 million cash.

4. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    There is no way we should let Carr go, he's our best player. Also both Solano and Cort are sh!t.

Why not wait to see if Chelsea want him, if they wanted Salgado, then Carr would be much better.

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah solano is *#*#*#*#

hes just been one of the leading assists player of the last 3 seasons

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    In fairness he is a decent player, but he is not a player we want. If we got £2-3m elsewhere would we say, "we must sign Solano". No. We already have players of his ilk, we don't need any more. Also there is a reason they want to get rid of Cort, he is constantly injured. We already have 4 strikers plus Rebrov when he returns, neither of these players interest us. If they want to swap Jenas then we could come to an agreement, but that offer is insulting.

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    thats better i dont think solano is the player tottenham needs at all

8. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Noooooooooo!

Keep him! He's been decent while filling in as captain. Cort and Solano?! you have to be kidding.