New Year's Eve at "The SunBowl"

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Jeff L, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With the comments from "MassRef", and for those like me are from overseas or "out of State", I will be heading down to Fort Myers Beach area to visit my "in laws", (my wife is from St. Pete) for some part of January, but is there, or can we organise anything, so that those of us who are staying in the area, have some sort of "New Year's Eve" celebration, if there isn't something planned already. I was at the "Marriott" last year, just down the road from H.Q. and the sports bar there, (the name escapes me) were putting on some sort of "bash". Otherwise there is always "Ybor City". As there is 4 months to go, that gives plenty of time for suggestions, ideas, etc. to be canvassed around "the boards".
    Jeff Lancaster, London, Egland.
    E Mail: jefflancast@hotmail.com

2. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff,

Of the referees from my state that go (about 18 of us this year), half will return home immediately after the tournament on the 30th, while the other half of us go to the Orlando area for New Year's (through the 4th of January). So, I'm not sure if anything can be arranged, but at the very least we can meet beforehand.

3. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    If anyone needs me to do any legwork from the "home" front, just let me know. I'll be happy to try to get something organized. I'm in St. Pete.

4. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mass or Mutiny,

Will you post whatever gets set up in either the Orlando or Tampa area?

My son's team will be at either the Disney Soccer Showcase or will be returning to the Sun Bowl, so I'll be in the area.

Don't know if we'll be staying through New Year's eve yet or not, but that'd be my preference.

Thanks.

5. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now kev, we're trying to organize our stay in the Orlando area, which we've done the past two years. We usually drive over to Orlando early on the 31st, check in (we're renting a villa, there will be 8-10 of us staying), and then spend New Year's Eve at EPCOT or Pleasure Island. After that, we stay through until January 4th and fly home from Tampa. We're in touch with the Canadians from Alberta, who we met last year, and might meet up with them. Not sure if that helps, because we won't be in the Tampa area for New Year's.

6. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we get into the Disney Soccer Showcase, then we'll also be in the Orlando area rather than in Tampa. So that's why I was asking.