NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because they fail in design doesn’t necessarily mean they’re incompetent in distribution, but it doesn’t rule it out either.

2. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White Adams and Blue Pulisic. Couldn’t pass up on the free customization deal.

3. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna get the white one, but can't decide on which name/number to go with.

slider4CU repped this.
  4. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey also, did anyone on here actually receive either of the new US shirts and could do a pit-to-pit measurement on an XL for me? From experience, their shirts vary widely in sizing, even the stadium/fan versions. Some of my XLs are unwearably tight and some XLs fit loose.

5. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far I have the blue authentic match jersey. Design could be better but the materials are really nice. I also bought the long sleeve white replica but had to return it because it arrived with rips in the shoulder. Waiting on the replacement to arrive.

I have gone to my local Dick’s Sporting Goods and the flagship Nike store at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. Neither one had a single Nike World Cup product in sight, despite these products being unveiled 2 weeks ago. Adidas, on the other hand, has had product in store at both Dick’s and their own Adidas stores from the get go. World Cup year and you’d think it was the early 2000s when soccer was an underground niche sport in the US with how hard it is to find the product.

I don’t really love these kits, but don’t think they are the dumpster fire everyone is claiming them to be. I think if the white kit didn’t have the navy collar trim and just the stripes on the sleeves, people would say they were a safe design but pretty harmless. The pattern on the blue was less noticeable in the game the other day.

The Clientele and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  6. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Add Kellyn Acosta to the list of players who are not impressed with the new jerseys.

7. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great article on The Athletic this morning featuring Chris Bunn, who designed the fantastic "Declaration of Independence" black and gold art deco kit. For those of you with subscriptions, it's well worth the read.

CAllen91 and The Clientele repped this.
  8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since we clearly have been abandoned by the soccer Gods maybe we should try for help from the "other" side.
    I hear number 666 is available. ;)

The Clientele repped this.
  9. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update:

3.5 weeks since order and hasn’t shipped. I emailed on Monday asking for an update and received an automated email saying they would review and get back to me shortly. No email back nearly 7 days later. At this point I’m hoping to receive before the WC starts

10. Bande

Bande New Member

Sep 27, 2022
    Same thing with me. Went to the local soccer shop bought both jerseys. They said they had to ORDER the names and numbers. ?????????

Called last week and got an email back it will be at least another two weeks.

While I was waiting I thought that I might order the sweat suit top and pants. I see the pants out there but the jacket always said coming soon on nike.com.

As of yesterday it wasn’t even listed anymore.

Maybe they aren’t interested in selling the stuff?

11. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dick's in Buckhead finally got some in person. Got to disagree with the materials, I thought it looked extremely cheap for a $130 shirt.

It felt like one of those sweat-wicking athletic shirts you buy at Costco that aren't actually sweat wicking. And they were see through thin.

Very disappointing all around. Especially when they're sitting next to the Nike made France and all the Adidas kits for the WC.

NietzscheIsDead and Bajoro repped this.
  12. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike should be ashamed.
    But they're shameless.

NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  13. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheer up, everyone!

Something occurred to me today.

There’s a Gold Cup next summer.

From my recollection, in ‘07, ‘11, ‘15, ‘17, ‘19, and ‘21, the US replaced their non-white jersey with a different “away/second” jersey on those Gold Cup years.

So, if you hate the Rorschach jersey, there’s a decent chance it will be replaced next summer!

USA94, saxman, Bajoro and 1 other person repped this.
  14. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Anyone who's bought them this time around can say how they fit? I'm interested in getting a long sleeve replica this time around, but Nike sizing has been really variable. (my 2019 red jersey was like wearing a tent).

Also a little sad that no infant/toddler kits have been released now that I newly have kids. I had to settle with someone on ebay who makes knockoff onesies.

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm also interested in sizing. Did anyone buy an XL and can give me the pit-to-pit measurement? It would be much appreciated.

16. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should clarify, I am very impressed with the materials on the authentic match jersey, but the cheaper replica was definitely a disappointment. A far cry from some of the replicas from the last decade or so. The authentic has woven patterns and the rubber badges and swooshes are heavy and substantial. The replica feels very cheap.

Bajoro and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  17. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you give us any info on the sizing of your authentic? Even if it's in a different size just in general how much tighter it fits as compared to a normal or stadium jersey.

I love the extra details the authentics have, but sadly their much tighter fit makes them much harder for me to fit into these days.

The only place I see them for sale is thru World Soccer Shop. But when I click on the Sizing chart it just brings up the generic Nike size chart, so the stadium and authentic have the exact same measurements which has never been true in the past, and I doubt it's true now. In fact some of the past XL authentics fit smaller than many straight Large size shirts I have, they are WAY tighter.

18. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Order finally shipped and I receive one Friday and one Saturday. Odd.

I’ll let y’all know how they fit (ordered a Large)

19. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I tried one on last night at a local Dick's and the replica did seem to fit more true to size. (I usually wear a M, and the M fit well, whereas my 2019 one I fit into a S)

I think I'll order a long sleeve one this time around. Will see if my local soccer shop has one in stock.

20. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    The 2007 Gold Cup shirt is still one of my favorites.

don't_tread_011 repped this.
  21. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just measured my 2022 WC large authentic and it’s 21 inches across the chest. I would say this is very true to size. A lot of authentics (both Nike and Adidas) tend to run tight, but this is one of the looser ones I can recall in recent memory.

I haven’t bought a Nike replica in a while to compare to, but for reference, the red and navy blue authentic shirt with the geometric patterns (I think from the last year or two) measures 20.5 inches. The 2018 missed World Cup set (with the faded Waldo and blue on blue stripes) measures 20 inches across. That one is definitely one of the slimmest authentics and is much closer to a medium, despite being tagged a large.

I would say if you normally buy a large in a Nike replica, you can probably get away with buying the same size in their authentics, at least for this cycle. As we can see, that tends to change!

Attached Files:

PabloSanDiego and Bajoro repped this.
  22. NoVa.Dad

NoVa.Dad Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    Does anyone know where to order these jerseys?

23. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Large fits as a pretty standard large.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  25. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it the Stadium version or the Authentic player model?