NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Our play matched the kits perfectly, which unfortunately was boring AF.

I keep dropping hints to the wife to ensure that jersey doesn’t end up under the christmas tree.

Three and Three and The Clientele repped this.
  2. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to be more direct with my wife. Something like…”Please, for the love of all that is holy, promise me you won’t buy that jersey for me. No. I’m not using reverse psychology. I swear… please, NO!”

3. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    After seeing it in pictures, I thought that the white would would be sort of banal and somewhat acceptable. However the design of the neck, shoulders, and crest look like some kind of womens outfit…I can’t place it. Like a womens imitation American football jersey or something. It just doesn’t fit a mens soccer team.

Three and Three and The Clientele repped this.
  4. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think maybe that contributed to their gender dystopia yesterday?

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    The jersey actually looks even worse on the Women than the Men, because the FIFA badge having to be placed off-center looks completely ludicrous.

6. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Have they played in them yet?

7. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE: They don’t have any jerseys or warm up shirts or jackets. Only thing they have is the player T shirts. The number font is actually pretty good.

Can’t believe that now a whole week after the unveil, the biggest sporting good store in the financial district of Atlanta doesn’t have a single jersey.

The Clientele repped this.
  8. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  9. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sort of surprising, right?

Here we are eight years (Can you guys believe it? That feels like a really long time as I say it out loud) from the big dance, but I don’t get the sense there is much or any general recognition with the general public… Few articles, no signage, nada.

I guess I’ve sometimes held unrealistic expectations around the growth of interest around the National team the last 20+ years.

10. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we win, the roof is gonna come off. If we make a deep run we've all seen how it levels up the game and interest domestically. Big if with this squad and coach, but it's never about the lead-in, it's about the performance.

The Clientele and NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  11. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
  12. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought it looked thick/heavy, like a replica hockey jersey. the different "panels" being so distinct (the shoulder/bicep area look like womens shoulder pads that are slipping down the arm) is just weird.

there was a time not long ago kits were designed to be as light as possible, with as few stiches/stich lines as they could.

13. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The jersey definitively is a hybrid America football/hockey template. The centered crest feels like something we see on our National team hockey jerseys. The shoulder markings seem to show where shoulder pads would normally be…so we sort of look like the Tennessee titans or something.

Again, utter lack of creative inspiration from
    Nike.

Three and Three repped this.
  14. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TKyle repped this.
  15. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    I think my grandmother had those tablecloths…i mean jerseys.

TKyle and Bajoro repped this.
  16. Bande

Bande New Member

Sep 27, 2022
    So I am curious about Nike’s marketing strategy when it comes to US World Cup clothing.

Have seen the shorts (white) and jerseys for sale.

Not much of the outerwear right?

Why is that?

They have only had five years by my count to get this right. Five years in October 2017 the US failed to qualify right?

Now you might say supply chain issues but that has been around since 2020 correct.

Just seems interesting to me.

It can’t be that the jerseys are flying off the shelves because I was at a soccer store yesterday and they had plenty.

The Clientele repped this.
  17. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the jerseys in this friendly, the shirt looks to me like there are three colors—royal, navy and black. Anyone seen them in person in a store?

And sadly it looks like they went with royal blue for the shorts and socks. Although the royal isn’t a obnoxiously “un-American” as the bright royal blue used for the socks paired with the red-stars-and-stripes water-mark jersey worn in 2019 in the Women’s WC. So there’s that.

I guess I don’t hate them. But it’ll take a deeper run than getting out of the group to influence me into buying one.

18. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those jerseys are so French. Personally, I absolutely love them. But I see how some might not.

19. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as I thought the blue away kit didn't look terrible to me on the players on TV from afar especially when they were moving. Mostly because the tie dye black splotches weren't as noticeable. But like when they were standing still for the anthem in close ups I didn't like them, because I don't care for the tie dye design.

However, if there is a redeeming quality about them for me, I love the royal blue. I loved it in the Bomb Pops and like it here. It's all personal opinion, but I would never want our second kits to only use the 2 flag colors. Most other nations including many of the biggest and most traditional powers with iconic first kits don't do it with their second kits. I want something more fun on the second/away kit.

I'm not saying never use dark blue, for example the 2017 Gold Cup kit is an all time favorite of mine. Just don't lock ourselves into it. That would be so boring! Since it seems we are locked into plain white shirts for our primary/home then I'm ok always using flag red and flag blue accents on that one, including the dark blue shorts.

20. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Oh, I think they’re great.

They’re multi-function. You can wipe the Brie off of your fingertips with them, use them to cover an end table, etc.

TKyle, RefIADad and The Clientele repped this.
  21. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered within like 30 mins of them being available and mine still hasn’t shipped. I finally got an email today saying shipping is delayed due to “unprecedented demand.”

Total amateur hour

jjmack repped this.
  22. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what did you order? I'm guessing one of the 2 US ones and not the French one? So which of the 2 did you order and who did you order from? For example the US one is available direct from USSF and also from a lot of official resellers like World Soccer Shop.

23. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered directly from USSF like 30 mins after release. Just annoyed

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  24. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be too. the excuse of “unprecedented demand” is just ridiculous.

so which one was it, white or blue? And did you customize it?

25. Bande

Bande New Member

Sep 27, 2022
    I went to a local soccer store and bought both.

Tried to get them customized but they didn’t have the official lettering and numbers.

Pulisic and Aaronson.

so less than 60 days from the WC and not all of the apparel is out yet?

Still don’t understand that.