New US soccer uniforms?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by TOTC, Mar 4, 2003.

1. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I noticed that, during the US friendly in Charleston, that at least half of the players were wearing jerseys with the MEN'S numbers (a little rounder than the women's). If you look closely, the loop in Hamm's 9 was a circle rather than an oval. And the 5 on the Sobrero jersey didn't have the little serif at the end.

I am guessing that this means there will be a change in the offing this summer; the Russians came to the Nike US Cup with their men's kits on (the digital numbers, triangular vents, etc).

And FYI, the counterfeiters on eBay are already cranking out Hamm jerseys using the men's shirt already.

Thoughts?

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    In an old issue of SIW, the one with the Millie interview...I wanna say it was in 2001...it mentioned that the ladies were to get a new uni in time before the WWC this fall.

3. cynhammfan9

cynhammfan9 New Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Marietta Ga
    Good, I dont like the ones they have been wearing since the olympics.

4. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    I like those navy and white warmups they've been wearing. And that new blue fleece beanie is nice.

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Could this be a hint of things to be coming out of the pipeline:

http://www.ussoccerstore.com/womens.html

I could see the team having a similar uni for their home games while their away uni is mostly blue:

[​IMG]

Apparently this warmup has already been for sale at a recent USWNT match:

[​IMG]

6. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    No new news, eh? What stops us from speculating? I think our women may begin wearing that grey and white swirled thing the Metros are wearing as their change strip.

7. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Or, perhaps, given what we have been wearing at recent friendlies and at the Algarve cup, we're going to emulate the men: white top, blue shorts, white socks.

8. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    According to Yellow Card Journalism, new kits to be unveiled at the US-Ireland came in Utah.

ONE MONTH, BABYYYY!

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Schweet...I'm driving down to that match. Any indication by YCJ on what the unis will look like?

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    personally i think the ladies look fantastic in the red and blue unis

11. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Something like this:

http://www.geocities.com/dropa20getaguaya/USAw03.html

12. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Then again, a backtrack:

Seems a few on-line soccer stores are already advertising a New Nike Women's National kit.

These have the same cool-motion panels on the underarms as well as triangular patches on the front where the shoulder meets the torso.

If the WNT is being kitted like the MNT, I believe these panels will be colored blue and red on the white jersey, white for the blue jersey:

http://www.geocities.com/dropa20getaguaya/USAw03a.html

And, white shorts with the blue jersey, blue with the white.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Eurosport has the new jerseys...I was gonna post several pics but they are not up on their website. They are on page 102 - 103 in the June catalog.

14. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't we just go with white/white and blue/blue???

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well so far I like the front look of the white/blue jerserys. Not too sure if I like those two triangles on the rear shoulders on the back of the jersey. The white/blue is the home while the red/blue is the away. As of right now I am not too fond of the away jersey.

16. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  17. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Wow. Staying with the red jerseys. I thought they might go like the men and wear navy. It's the first time since 1994 that the teams have diverged in terms of color.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    According to an email I just got from Eurosport...the new uniforms will debut this Sunday.

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just went to Ussoccer.com store, the new home jerseys are for sale! Beautiful! I didn't see the away jerseys for sale yet.

20. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

from us-soccer e-mail this morning...

The great new home and away uniforms are available right now for the first time anywhere at ussoccerstore.com. The white home jersey features a number of distinctive features, including blue side-panels and two angular blue triangles on the shoulder blades. The red away jersey features blue paneling on the hips and underarms. Both uniforms feature two stars on the right sleeve to indicate the U.S. Women's FIFA Women's World Cup championship victories in 1991 and 1999.

very nice, i look forward to seeing them tomorrow...

21. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    I like it. I especially like the shorts. Not as baggy as the other ones.

I wasn't to sure about the jersey back but.... I like now.

22. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved the new uniforms today.

23. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    NIKE has now influenced USWNT, a lot of countries now have similar uniform exept for Italy, England, Ireland etc

24. soccrgrlk13s8

soccrgrlk13s8 New Member

Jan 15, 2001
    FL
    Am I the only one who thinks they're ugly?

25. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

what is that supposed to mean? the WNT has been wearing Nike since 1997. They get new uniforms for every major event, and these were the ones they got. They're the best women's uniforms on the market right now, and its not like the WNT is just gonna up and change sponsors.