New team to reside at HDC

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by El Paisa, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

2. flagstaff_911sc

flagstaff_911sc New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Arizona
    I hope it works out. Our WNT is one of the best in the world and it would be nice to see a league for them to continue developing players for that quality. It might be a little crowded @ the HDC w/ 3 teams, but who knows.

3. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The women can play at Cal State Fullerton. Just a thought. Heck, the USMNT did play Columbia there in a friendly early 2005. We won 3-0. I was there.

4. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The opportunity for your sister is for her to get an education and hopefully a university degree while she plays soccer for four years. If that's important to her I'd fire her agent.
    Women's soccer is entrenched in the US, but at the amature level.

6. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    She has done, (he was total crap anyway) and has signed a scholarship with Bradford. She was in two minds about the States, it is a long way from home, and she has concreted a first team place at Bradford despite being 16. She gets to go through higher education, while playing at the same time. I was disappointed that she didn't choose the States, but it would be hard for her to move so far away.

7. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Crap! I missed the opening game, but I saw the highlights of Germany spanking the Argentine women 11-0, OUCH! There is something about German woman. Maybe it's because they always sound so pissed off when they talk, I LOVE it! Still, I'll be supporting the USA.

8. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I want to say right now is "Thank God for WWC". The tournament does really take my mind off LAG right now, which is exactly what I need. I want to be optimistic, but the odds are against us making the play-offs.

Anyways, I think long gone are the days when women's soccer is slow, boring, or what have you.

I watched the Germany vs. Argentina opener. And my eyes were opened. Except for the very first and very last goal of the game (mistakes by the goalie), most of the goals in between were quality. The sad fact is those women could score better than any of our LAG players. And I will stand by my words. They played to win. Let there be no doubts about that.

I woke up at 2 a.m. (PST) today to watch the US vs. North Korea game. Boy oh boy, you have to see the game to even begin to realize how good the N. Koreans were. We escaped with the 2-2 draw. Sure, Wambach hit the cross bar on a corner kick. Sure, the stats shows we have more SOG and corner kicks. But the truth is we were never in complete control of the game. The N. Koreans looked more dangerous. They (N. Korea) had speed and determination. They were mostly young girls so they did make some mistakes (one of which led to our tying goal). They made 45 minutes seem like 15 minutes. They were that entertaining.

US is my absolute #1, but realistically it will be hard to win the championship. With so many good teams in the way. And they will all be gunning for the US.

From what I saw, what we (US) do have is capable defenders, good positioning and the never-say-die spirit. Will that be enough? I don't know. But I know it will help.

I'm so proud of WWC. If our LAG can only play like that....Oh well...

Hey Cyclonis, I'm also in love with Birgit Prinz, and have been since WWC 2003. This year Prinz looks more toned, weathered and is still very good. Also, Cyclonis, check out Kelly Smith of England. Wow.

9. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually stayed up and watched this one, though I regretted it as I felt groggy the rest of the day. Not because of the result mind you but because of my diminishing health. Thought Solo could have done better, but it was a good tough game. Not sure why Wambach was not subbed. She was out of the game for too long and the team lost shape in the meantime.

10. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solo came up big at the end to prevent a potential 2-3 defeat. Yes, the mistake was horrible. But you have to remember that it was raining during the game and the ball was very slippery. I don't know why O'Reilly was not sub'ed sooner. She saved our behind with her goal, but she looked out of breath. And we still had Kai and Tarpley on the bench. Too bad Kai came on at stoppage time and couldn't really do much in 4 minutes.

I had the TV on mute because my whole family was asleep. I could not hear what the commentators were saying.

11. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You might be right, my memory is definitely hazy as I was partially delirious, falling asleep in a drunken stupor. Good game, but the US can and must play better to take the cup.